4 year contract to 15year old star

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:47 pm

Liverpool offers a contract to Lauri!

Lauri's visit to Liverpool was successful and he's been offered a four-year contract to join Liverpool FC! The week long trip was no longer about testing Lauri's abilities but to give him a presentation on the club's operation.

Lauri can join the Liverpool academy immediately and the contract is waiting for Lauri's signature. Chief of the academy, Steve Heighway, stated that everything is OK on the club's part. Liverpool scout Ian Barringan thinks that one year in the academy is sufficient for Lauri. After that he can move to Melwood where Liverpool's reserves and 1st team train.

Looks like Rafa's building is increasing pace now! Lauri Della Valle is an attacking midfielder who clubs all over Europe have been trying to sign. Italy and Finland are fighting over him as well.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:17 am

They offered a contract to someone the same age as me :O

good to see Rafa building for the future though. Where's the source on this saint?
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:54 am

I've repeatedly said that Rafa deserves the time Houllier got and if given that I'm convinced he'll bring the title back to anfield. He's building something and in one or two years time we're gonna start to see the fruits of his labour. :buttrock

Signings like this are allowing him to develop a team in HIS style and they'll learn to play the football that he is trying to impress on the current squad but it'll come  more naturally.
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:02 am

I can't find a source for it Adam (I got it off The Liverpool way site) If I find a better source I will post it mate.

Postby anti-hero » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:23 am

15??

There is hope...  :buttrock
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:06 am

Rafa is looking to secure the long-term future of this club.

A 15 year old!!!

At this rate, we will already have enough players for the next 20 years!!!!! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:54 pm

Remember the two best youths in the world GH got for LFC, Le Tellec & Pongolle?

Good luck to the kid but not something to get excited about.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:01 pm

quick, get him signed up. he can play tonight :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby crossy11 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:04 pm

If this turns out to be true and the source is good, Rafa is securing a long-term future for the club. I'd give him a chance, and see how he does. :D
crossy11

Postby penzance-on-the-kop » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:42 pm

does he want to give me a contract to? hope it turns out well, but liverpool youngsters always do, well mostly  :p
ImageImage
penzance-on-the-kop

Postby tubby » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:20 pm

But has he signed it yet?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:19 am

Some more unconfirmed reports of Rafa's youth policy (Taken off RAWK)

A 16 year old youth player from Landskrona Bois, Ivo Pekalski, is currently on trail at Liverpool. Together with three more players from the Swedish youth team U16 Ivo will be training at the football academy of Liverpool. It is not the first time that Ivo has been in England, he has been invited twice by Newcastle. "I have good impressions from both places, but so far I have only been a few days in Liverpool. Liverpool is my favorite team, so to play here would be great." Ivo came to Landskorna last winter, having had his football education at Lunds BK. A youth leader has travelled with the 4 lads to learn from Liverpool. Ultimately, if a contract is offered,  the decision must be taken by Ivo and his parents. Tonight the Swedish group will be at Anfield to watch Liverpool - Portsmouth

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:43 pm

Confirmation of Lauri Dalla Valle's signing, with a better source.

Lauri Dalla Valle, 15, is a midfield player from Finnish side JIPPO (Joensuu). He spent last season in Inter Milan, until he wanted to terminate the contract with the Italian club. "Lauri can consider the offer as long as he wants. He can make the decision tomorrow or in next summer. Now important is training and  school." said Lauri's father, Loreno Dalla Valle.

Liverpool have said that for talented playmaker one year at the academy would be enough, wich after he could move to Melwood to train with first- and reserve squads. Lauri's original plan was to move to abroad in next summer, after he have finished his school. Both Lauri and his father was exceptionaly received at Liverpool. "It was like red carpet would've layed for us. Nothing cost us at all. We met all the directors and managers at the club, including Rafael Bentiez. Lauri was better treated here than in Italy" his father told Veikkaaja.

Source: Veikkaaja Finnish weekly published sports paper
Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 67-1161385641 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:07 pm

Big Niall wrote:Remember the two best youths in the world GH got for LFC, Le Tellec & Pongolle?

Good luck to the kid but not something to get excited about.

Very true, I'm rather worried about the state of our own academy, every decade we usually bring out a couple of home grown talents, this trend seems to have all but disappeared, I'm guessing our youth system is so bad that we're having to resort to bringing in youngsters instead of neutering some local talent.
67-1161385641

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:16 pm

But this is what you want isnt it Charmless man? I mean god forbid we were to spend money on revamping our youth and scouting sytem. If we ever did that we would just lose the respect and become a sell out team right?

No your right on mate we need to wait until were penniless and nearing the relegation zone then we can fee proud of any few bright talents that creep though........oh wait they probabaly would have :censored: of elsewhere by then. :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion