39 games - An extra match overseas

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby big al » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:31 pm

The premier league is dicussing the possibility of holding 1 extra game per season overseas. Do you think this is a good idea? or like me do you think its the prostitution of English football. 

I am a conspiracy theorist, so the proposed scrapping of G14 seems to be more than a coincidence.  I'm sure the big clubs like Madrid and Barcelona would be very concerned about English clubs playing in the far East as they depend very much on world wide revenue.  If the premier league do this will Serie A and La Liga follow suit. Who knows!  They're at this now in American football.

Will the American money mens desire for money have no boundaries.  Next thing will be that Liverpool will be a franchise playing out of HONG KONG against Washington Arsenal or Singapore MAN UTD.  Siberia MAN utd I would accept.  Everton could be Beijing Everton, with Chelsea Manila, The geordies would be still Geordies as poor Necastle would be relegated by then.   :D
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby red37 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:39 pm

Already here mate:

Prem overseas

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion