35 million to spend on new players?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dalglish » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:49 am

How the feck would I know :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:55 am

cmon its most important aspect on deciding whether a player will be a success at LFC....isnt it  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:33 am

The facts are to be able to compete with Chelsea we do need quality players in DEPTH. At present we have IMO 3 WORLD class players (Alonso , Gerrard and Carragher). We need at least another 3 and Ballack is in that category.

What about Fernando Morientes? He's proven in the past that he's a class player, perhaps not for us YET however with a proper pre-season and a full season with the club, make no mistake about it that you will in fact see a better Morientes than you have earlier on this year.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:35 am

laza wrote:
Dalglish wrote::O :D

I don't actually take as much interest in rumours as this as i prefer to deal in facts but its close season and there's no "next game" to look forward to for a while but I've banged on about Ballack for about 2 years now and would be delighted if we got him.

Well as its now the off season the most important thing about Ballack really is.........what is  his rating on Championship manager    :D

Culture Midfielder value around £18.75million wages £45,000 a week
:D :D  :buttrock
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:25 am

Dalglish wrote:on about Ballack for about 2 years now and would be delighted if we got him.

:D

Every transfer window you bang on about him and say he will be coming to Liverpool etc etc..

Good player though I gotta admit, can't see him coming to LFC with Alonso and Gerrard in Centre midfield. Unless Rafa plans to play a 4-5-1 for the majority of the season.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:41 am

LFC #1 wrote:
Dalglish wrote:on about Ballack for about 2 years now and would be delighted if we got him.

:D

Every transfer window you bang on about him and say he will be coming to Liverpool etc etc..

Good player though I gotta admit, can't see him coming to LFC with Alonso and Gerrard in Centre midfield. Unless Rafa plans to play a 4-5-1 for the majority of the season.

trouble is as shown last season Alonso and Gerrard didnt get to play in the centre of park for a lot of season and we sometimes ended up with people like Diao in first XI
I would prefer to have problems of keeping surplus class players happy then trying to rely on squad players and previous managers mistakes to keep us going in a very long campaign
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:43 am

A.B. wrote:What about Fernando Morientes? He's proven in the past that he's a class player, perhaps not for us YET however with a proper pre-season and a full season with the club, make no mistake about it that you will in fact see a better Morientes than you have earlier on this year.

I sincerely hope so AB old son. To describe me as unimpressed sofar would be something of an understatement.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:17 am

bigmick wrote:
A.B. wrote:What about Fernando Morientes? He's proven in the past that he's a class player, perhaps not for us YET however with a proper pre-season and a full season with the club, make no mistake about it that you will in fact see a better Morientes than you have earlier on this year.

I sincerely hope so AB old son. To describe me as unimpressed sofar would be something of an understatement.

I go along with that bigmick. Massively disappointed with his performances for us (so far). Still believe he's class and hope AB's right about what we can expect next season.

It wasn't long ago we were reading reports that he wasn't "settled" in England and was finding the premiership hard . Hopefully they were only teething problems . It was unfortunate that he wasn't available for some of our euro games ,apart from the contribution his skills would have made to the team it would have definitley helped with his personal intergration at the club.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:21 am

woof woof ! wrote:
bigmick wrote:

I go along with that bigmick. Massively disappointed with his performances for us (so far). Still believe he's class and hope AB's right about what we can expect next season.

It wasn't long ago we were reading reports that he wasn't "settled" in England and was finding the premiership hard . Hopefully they were only teething problems . It was unfortunate that he wasn't available for some of our euro games ,apart from the contribution his skills would have made to the team it would have definitley helped with his personal intergration at the club.

Yeah the irony of Owen not being cup tied for his  transfer  to RM and Nando being cup tied for us from what seemed to be sheer arrogant statement by Real coach at the time that he wasnt going to be part of transfer deal..........
funny how life  turns out
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:39 pm

Why have I got an awful gut feeling that we have sifgned Crouch for 7 million :down:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:43 pm

To me, the possible signing of crouch is interesting. While many are worried about him not being a top level player, i personally think it's a clever signing. If you ask me, as a footballer, Crouch is better than Drogba and he cost £24m. Rafa signs players to do particular jobs and doesn't need these so called great players. He works with players who listen to his ideas and follow them. So while we might not sign players with huge reputations we will get a well balanced and a clever team who will challange for big trophies.

In Rafa we trust. :bowdown
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:50 pm

Figo: I want Reds move Jun 13 2005

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL are considering a move for Real Madrid superstar Luis Figo after the Portuguese international offered his services to the European champions.

However, manager Rafa Benitez still needs convincing to swoop for the 32-year-old.

Figo's representatives contacted Anfield officials after the right midfielder was told he was surplus to requirements at the Bernabeu.

Figo is keen to move to the Premiership, but the reaction thus far hasn't been as enthusiastic as he'd hoped.

He's also in talks with Marseille. Although Figo wouldn't command a huge transfer fee, his wages would certainly be a significant factor.

Benitez is also concerned about how hungry the player would be to make a major impact at Anfield as he enters the twilight years of an illustrious career.

Liverpool will sign a right-sided midfielder during their brief closed season and Figo is one of numerous options.

"I have been linked with Liverpool and Manchester United. Almost every player would like to play for either of those teams and I am no different," said Figo.

"I have always said that the Premiership is a competition I would like to play in one day and that's not changed. But I have a family to think about, too, and it's important that I make the right final decision for them.

" The Premiership has improved so much over the last few years and many of the world's best players are signing for clubs in England.

"It's very different to the Spanish League, but I am sure that I will be able to adapt to it if I ever moved there."

Talks will continue with Dutchman Bolo Zenden, who is also available on a free transfer.

The deals nearest completion so far are the much publicised swoop for Villarreal keeper Jose Reina for £6m, and the purchase of Albacete's 20-year-old winger Mark Gonzalez, most likely on an initial year loan while he recovers from cruciate knee surgery.

Benitez will make another effort to lure Southampton's Peter Crouch this week. Anfield officials have privately confirmed a £5m bid put to the Saints was Liverpool's.

The Spanish boss will look elsewhere if Southampton chairman Rupert Lowe continues to inflate Crouch's value to around £7m.

Meanwhile, Benitez has been honoured by the Spanish region of Extremadura.

Both Benitez and his assistant Pako Ayesteran are to be presented with the title 'Special Ambassador' for the county where they began their senior coaching careers.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ciccioweb » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:04 pm

For 35 millions.. there is CASSANO !!!
And AS Roma needs money... for next year championship....

What about the "Pibe de BARI".... hes new rising talent of italian soccer!!!
ciccioweb

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:08 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Why have I got an awful gut feeling that we have sifgned Crouch for 7 million :down:

:wwww 
please god no no no no no no NO !

I'd only sign Crouch if I neded to change a light bulb and couldn't be ar'sed to get the step ladder out .     :veryangry

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:10 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Why have I got an awful gut feeling that we have sifgned Crouch for 7 million :down:

:wwww 
please god no no no no no no NO !

I'd only sign Crouch if I neded to change a light bulb and couldn't be ar'sed to get the step ladder out .     :veryangry

:D Honestly woof I just have this really weird feeling we have signed him, I dont know what it is :alien:  but I hope I am very very wrong and It is just a dream :sniffle

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion