3 fixture changes - On setanta and sky tv

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby KennyisGod....still » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:37 pm

the game dont belong to fans anymore, thats the crux of it. big business rules an has no concern for the man in the street. until such time as the viewin public quit watchin, sky an setanta'll rule kick off times especially at the business end of the season.

no consolation for guys who spent money on travel, tickets an services but the mere fact our games'r bein switched is due to an exceptional season an a great challenge - clouds an silver linins anyone?
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:09 pm

feck i wonder which of those games we were going to play before the scums... feck sakes b@stard changes.... Its nice when we overtake them so atleast builds up some pressure.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:41 pm

worx both ways tho..... they lose an it sets us up to catch the feckers!! I aint sure which is best, playin 1st or 2nd. i know playin 1st gets it outta the way an potentially points in the bag, but times gonna tell i guess.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:18 am

KennyisGod....still wrote:worx both ways tho

By christ thats lazy typing ! Your right though, the game is all business. The clubs buy into it. What money is more important? the fans or sky or ITV or BBC? According to each club all, of course it is, but if it ever came down to the crunch, the supporters they could miss out on, more money comes from the contracts signed with the TV companies, as they are shown worldwide. In the Takeover thread on here, many people were going to boycott everything, buying, attending etc it doesnt matter, as long as there are supporters worldwide, that money will outshine the supporters who attend every week, as its guaranteed. And for every supporter who will try to stand up for the club and boycott feeding the pockets of Hicks or Gillette, there are the worldwide admirers to compete with. As Nanny will attest to, it doesnt matter what protest march you go on and how proud you will be of yourself, you soon realise, it makes little difference financially, morally or otherwise. Business is more important, and thats why those yanks are still here.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:57 am

KennyisGod....still wrote:worx both ways tho..... they lose an it sets us up to catch the feckers!! I aint sure which is best, playin 1st or 2nd. i know playin 1st gets it outta the way an potentially points in the bag, but times gonna tell i guess.

For real but say they win and we play after. The immense pressure we will be under i could image the scoreline ending up 8-8.  :D
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:20 am

Glad the West Ham game is later on in the day. I hate waking up at 7:30 to watch the damn games.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby Judge » Fri May 08, 2009 3:07 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Not bothered about the West ham one, more bevving time in the pub before the match

orrrrr............traitor

burn the witch  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion