2011/12 - Q&a

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun May 01, 2011 4:12 pm

1) which position do you reckon we would finish next season.

2) amongst the FA Cup, League Cup and a European Trophy, which do you desire most?

3) if it means having a better domestic campaign...would you advocate playing some of the fringe players and/or youngsters for cup games even if it is the only shot we would have at winning any trophy?

4) how confident are you of Liverpool qualifying for the ECL at the end of next season?

5) how many goals do you expect Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll to score between themselves?

6) between Lucas and Jay Spearing, who gets your nod?

7) with regards to the left-back position, what do you make of the Insua situation? i believe his contract is ending. is he a player whom we should've held on to or did he, like many others, just stop progressing?

8) Glen Johnson has done well at left-back, should he continue playing there next season so that Martin Kelly and Flanagan can fight it out at the right side? this means throwing away the idea of buying a new left-back.

9) which 4 players should be sold? for those who wish to see the back of Kyrgiakos, keep in mind that his contract ends this season. so apart from him.

10) which 4 players, realistically and based on the needs to address certain positions, do you desire to see in a Liverpool jersey?

11) we have seen the integration of Kelly, Flanagan and Robinson into the first team this season. next season, who, from the youth team, do you reckon could make a similar impact?

12) should the club move to a new stadium, or increase the capacity of Anfield?

13) should we qualify for the ECL next season, which 3 teams would accompany us?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Greavesie » Sun May 01, 2011 4:15 pm

kinell Maxi you could have 13 thread there :D

I'll come back when I have more time :)
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Sun May 01, 2011 4:18 pm

1) We are going to win the league no debate about it :nod

2) FA cup

3) only in league cup

4) 110% confident

5) 1000+ :D

6) Lucas

7) Sell sell sell

8) Shift Kelly to center back and let flanagan and Johnson fight for right back. However, its great to have a versatile player in Johnson

9) Insua, Degen, Aquilani, Konchesky, Poulsen and Jovanovic MUST go

10) Ashley Young, Alexis Sanchez, M'Vila, Gary Cahill

11) Suso, Coady and Sterling

12) I favor increase capacity of anfield

13) Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun May 01, 2011 4:41 pm

I'm not gonna answer all of them :D but I think the most important as far as the clubs progress goes is the 1st one. Id like to say we will finish 4th or better. But let's not beat around the bush here, we are essentially talking about leapfrogging both Arsenal and City. We need to spend big, bring some real quality in several positions if we even want to think about getting back into the top 4.

After another season of hope turning into nothing I think Arsenal will shake things up and finally spend some dosh. And City look set to take 4th place so id expect them to strengthen even further. For us to finish ahead of both of them from where we are now is a massive ask and im not sure if it's even possible to bridge that gap within a year given how competitive it is now.

It's really going to be a case of seeing what we do in the summer transfer window, only then when we are going into next season can we assess the new squad and set a realistic target. John Henry was as clear as day when he said what he wants so come the summer it will be put your money where your mouth is time. Yes eventually we will all have to spend on an even keel with the financial fair play rules but this summer he needs to spend like there is no tomorrow.

Kenny has restored the feel good factor and I really think if FSG give him whatever he wants this summer we can go places.
Last edited by tubby on Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun May 01, 2011 4:58 pm

Tooe arly to answer this, knee jerk reaction to a couple of good results, will have a look at it in the next month, but it'll be same answers as every year. We need wide players, we need wing backs, we need etc etc
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun May 01, 2011 5:02 pm

dawson99 wrote:Tooe arly to answer this, knee jerk reaction to a couple of good results, will have a look at it in the next month, but it'll be same answers as every year. We need wide players, we need wing backs, we need etc etc

Not a Knee Jerk, we have been a very good run in the 2nd half of the season, so I do expect people having a bit of optimism with the way we are playing and getting the right results. Especially that we have been excellent at home under Kenny.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun May 01, 2011 5:12 pm

metalhead wrote:
dawson99 wrote:Tooe arly to answer this, knee jerk reaction to a couple of good results, will have a look at it in the next month, but it'll be same answers as every year. We need wide players, we need wing backs, we need etc etc

Not a Knee Jerk, we have been a very good run in the 2nd half of the season, so I do expect people having a bit of optimism with the way we are playing and getting the right results. Especially that we have been excellent at home under Kenny.

Yeah not a knee jerk reaction by any means. We have been transformed under Kenny.

No one is saying there haven't been some poor results, Braga comes to mind, but I put that down to poor players we have in the squad. Players like Poulsen and Jovanovich shouldn't even be allowed to wear the red shirt, they arnt good enough.

Hopefully we don't bring in any more shyte players in the summer. We beat utd, chelsea and arsenal under Kenny so the potential is there.
Last edited by tubby on Sun May 01, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun May 01, 2011 5:18 pm

tubby wrote:
metalhead wrote:

Yeah not a knee jerk reaction by any means. We have been transformed under Kenny.

No one is saying there haven't been some poor results, Braga comes to mind, but I put that down to poor players we have in the squad. Players like Poulsen and Jovanovich shouldn't even be allowed to wear the red shirt, they arnt good enough.

Hopefully we don't bring in any more shyte players in the summer. We beat utd, chelsea and arsenal under Kenny so the potential is there.

Agreed, I'm sure Kenny has an idea of which players he will keep and which players he will let go at the end of the season. Comolli and Kenny will work really hard in the summer to get the RIGHT players that will eventually balance our team and go for it next season.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun May 01, 2011 8:25 pm

1) First

2) Since it's Europa League, the FA Cup

3) That's exactly what I want.

4) 100% as long as promises are kept.

5) Luis will get just north of 20 and Carroll will get just south of 20.

6) Lucas, immensely improving every year.  Tho I'm not even close to ready to letting Spearing go.

7) Don't think he wanted to be here.  I liked him originally, and he's no :censored: paul koncheskey, but we can do better.

8) I've thought about this a lot, but everybody seems so intent on getting a new LB.  I'd be fine if we didn't and invested the money elsewhere.

9) Joe Cole, Jovanivich, Ngog, and Poulson

10) Gary Cahill, Ashley Young, Leighton Baines, and Charlie Adam.  I'd say Kuyt has played well enough to possibly hold that right side.

11) Everybody says Pacheco, Pacheco Pacheco! So maybe Pacheco.  Possibly some of the youngers like Sterling or even that Morgan kid who's scored in 15 games in a row or whatever.

12) Whichever costs less and can give us 60,000 + sets.  i'd prefer to stay at Anfield, but I don't think we can make the proper accommodations there.  We don't want to half- :censored: our stadium upgrade... Do it right the first time.  Tho I'll be ver sad to see Anfield go.

13) Chelsea, city and unfortunately manure. Arsenal are in trouble.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon May 02, 2011 5:13 am

Ethan, i doubt Arsenal are in trouble. if anything, they are on with a very good chance next season if they make 2 crucial signings. their midfield is immense in comparison with Manure's. Fabregas, Wilshere and Ramsey > Anderson, Carrick and Fletcher. i'm agreeing with Metalhead's top 4 and we've both left out Manure because they are gonna lose many players.

VDS and Neville are retiring/retired, Giggs and Scholes are dinosaurs. Carrick is overrated while Hargreaves and Owen are forever injured, the latter 2 probably gonna be released. of course one can expect them to make signings but then again, aren't they in some kinda financial difficulty? ??? the only reason why Manure are doing so well is because of Hernandez. i've this strange feeling Nani or Evra would be gone to some other club next season.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Aussie Style » Mon May 02, 2011 7:26 am

1) All signs point to the top 4 at least..I seriously think a title challenge could be possible but we'll see what happens in the next few months and over Summer (Winter for me). Very exciting times ahead!!

2) FA Cup

3) Depends on the circumstances but the league has to be our only concern next season IMO

4) With Kenny in charge...VERY!

5) 30+ but Luis will set up plenty as well..going to be an exciting partnership no doubt about that.

6) Lucas...by a considerable margin too. Spearing is coming good though.

7) Personally I thought we should have held onto him but I also agree he wasn't quite good enough to start each week. He would have been a good squad player though.

8) Very tough question and its going to be interesting to see which way Kenny goes. I wouldnt mind seeing Kelly move to centre back, partnering either Carra or Agger, with Johnno at RB and Flanno as cover and then getting a top left back in like Baines or Coentrao.

9) Poulsen, El Zhar, Degen and Konchesky are the 4 that offer the least..Their are others who I would be glad to see leave though

10) Baines, Young, Sanchez, M'Vila

11) Sterling definitely..probably Suso, Coady and Morgan as well.

12) Ideally, stay at Anfield but we really need to start competing with the other big teams financially and perhaps we need a new stadium to do that

13) Utd, Chelsea and either City or Arsenal, obviously.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon May 02, 2011 10:58 am

1) 3rd

2) European cup, (not poxy Europa), followed by FA cup.

3) depends.

4) confident enough.

5) 35 in the league.

6) Neither... ah go on then, Lucas

7) he isn't good enough, cash in on him! Robinson looks better.

8) buy a new LB and give Kelly a go at CB, Flanno and Johnson can have RB.

9) N'gog, Jovanovic, Poulson, Aurelio.

10) not sure.

11) not sure, Suso, sterling?

12) increase the capacity of Anfield

13) manu, chelsea, citeh.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 02, 2011 12:09 pm

1) which position do you reckon we would finish next season.
Depends on our signings in the summer, as it stands right now 4th would be optomistic

2) amongst the FA Cup, League Cup and a European Trophy, which do you desire most?
Premiership followed by another CL trophy

3) if it means having a better domestic campaign...would you advocate playing some of the fringe players and/or youngsters for cup games even if it is the only shot we would have at winning any trophy?
Against the likes of Northampton maybe but against (for example) a full strength Chelsea in a FA semi final we'd all be calling for the managers head.

4) how confident are you of Liverpool qualifying for the ECL at the end of next season?
Hopefull but not confident, i.e. won't be going out tomorrow and putting money on it

5) how many goals do you expect Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll to score between themselves?

Lucas

7) with regards to the left-back position, what do you make of the Insua situation? i believe his contract is ending. is he a player whom we should've held on to or did he, like many others, just stop progressing?
Had no problem seeing him leave

8) Glen Johnson has done well at left-back, should he continue playing there next season so that Martin Kelly and Flanagan can fight it out at the right side? this means throwing away the idea of buying a new left-back.
Would still prefer to see Johnson playing a wide midfield role, but as it stands should still be our first choice at RB

9) which 4 players should be sold? for those who wish to see the back of Kyrgiakos, keep in mind that his contract ends this season. so apart from him.
All the usual suspects, you know who they are

10) which 4 players, realistically and based on the needs to address certain positions, do you desire to see in a Liverpool jersey?
Baines, Young, Lescott, Parker

11) we have seen the integration of Kelly, Flanagan and Robinson into the first team this season. next season, who, from the youth team, do you reckon could make a similar impact?
Not sure about NEXT season but have longer term hopes for Toni Silva.

Thought we were unable to increase/expand Anfield ? Deffo need more capacity so a new stadium if Anfield can't be done.

13) should we qualify for the ECL next season, which 3 teams would accompany us?
Man U, Chelsea, Man City.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby mrt » Mon May 02, 2011 4:07 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:1) which position do you reckon we would finish next season.

1) Anywhere in top 4.
2) Not fussed.
3) Yes.
4) Very.  I was this year, though.
5) More than enough.
6) Lucas has the edge at the mo' but Jay's doing well. And, whilst, he's getting plaudits for his battling qualities, I've seen him hit some quality passes and think he's underrated in this department.  He'll only get better.
7) Bring him back, see what he's learned.  Still think his lack of pace will go against him.  Then again, don't recall Gareth Bale being like greased $*i*e before this season.
8) Johnson, ideally, should be competing for RB with Flanagan.  Would like to see Kelly at CB.
9) Identifying the deadwood is the easy part, getting  shut of them is something else.
10) Adam Johnson, Daniel Sturridge, a decent backup (hopefully) keeper and a pacy, footballing CB
11) Pacheco.
12) Increase capacity.
13) Not Ar$ed. Obviously, will laugh my c0ck off if scum finish outside top 4.  Think City will find it harder next year.  They'll invest in more players for next season's champs league, might have a new manager.  Will take time to knit together.
mrt

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon May 02, 2011 6:08 pm

woof woof ! wrote:10) which 4 players, realistically and based on the needs to address certain positions, do you desire to see in a Liverpool jersey?
Baines, Young, Lescott, Parker

interesting choices, Lescott and Parker. i actually wouldn't mind seeing Micah Richards.
maypaxvobiscum

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion