1984 european cup final to be screened in full - New uk espn channel launching

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:49 pm

Not Freeview, not NTL...Sky only.
ivor_the_injun

Postby redtop19 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:35 am

i watched the first half of forest v hamburg in the 1980 final on it on saturday.

its testing on  11,662 H 27.5 2/3  channel id is 51021
redtop19

Postby redtop19 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:41 am

liverpool v roma 1984 now on. :D
redtop19

Postby skinnychap1 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:22 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:Relive the dreams

ESPN has announced that their first UK television channel, ESPN Classic, will launch on Sky from 7pm on Monday 13 March 2006.

The channel will be available 24/7 on Sky channel 442, offering viewers the chance to watch some of the greatest sporting moments of all time.

The football line-up on ESPN Classic includes a six part series called Champions of the World focusing on the great World Cup winning teams of Latin America from Uruguay winning in 1930 to the dazzling Brazilian and Argentinian teams of recent years.

There is an original documentary series ranging from the Liverpool and Arsenal stories to the great names in football from Johan Cruyff to Eusebio.

Also featured is Great European Finals - full match coverage of finals over the last four decades featuring Manchester United, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Everton, Aberdeen and Nottingham Forest.

Plus, viewers will also be able to watch classic Superstars featuring footballers Kevin Keegan, Mick Channon and England World Cup hero Sir Geoff Hurst.

ESPN Classic is a brand new sports channel in the UK, devoted entirely to the greatest moments and legends of sport with a mix of all-time classic highlights, matches, movies, interviews, profiles and documentaries.

ESPN Classic is all about the great sport that never dies; it is all about being exclusively not live, it is simply about Dead Good Sport.

Catch ESPN Classic Sport on Sky channel 442.

---------

No doubt it'll be clogged with stuff I don't care two hoots about, but I'd happily put up with 24/7 guff if they dig out full match coverage of some of our classic games.  :buttrock

I understand the 1984 final is being screened on the launch night, incidentally.

i think you forgot to mention celtic on that to m8   the 1st british winners :bowdown
   hail hail   mon the hoops
skinnychap1

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion