Just wondering

For new members to introduce themselves - Guest Book

Postby greenred » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:59 am

You misunderstood my original comment Dalglish,it wasnt directed at you.That particular day a well known Houllier fan on this forum said he hoped Liverpool were relegated as it would serve us all right.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:09 am

Fair point . The Stu the Red outburst is well documented and he stepped over the line but you can't use one Fan's outburst as a basis for everyone who has supported GH or sympathises when he is essentially crucified on here.

I've always tried to be fair and reasoned on here and that extends to former servants of LFC. That includes Murphy, Heskey , Thompson etc.......

For me it's part of the Liverpool Way to be magnamanous to Ex Reds and not enter into cheap insults which cost nothing posted by fans who couldn't hold a candle to Gh and the like .........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:20 am

Agree mate.Houllier was a decent man and ive never slagged him off in a personal manner.He is no martyr though.He got a massive promotion with the Liverpool job and he wasnt up to it.My sympathies lie elsewhere.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:16 am

Dalglish wrote:Fair point . The Stu the Red outburst is well documented and he stepped over the line but you can't use one Fan's outburst as a basis for everyone who has supported GH or sympathises when he is essentially crucified on here.

I've always tried to be fair and reasoned on here and that extends to former servants of LFC. That includes Murphy, Heskey , Thompson etc.......

For me it's part of the Liverpool Way to be magnamanous to Ex Reds and not enter into cheap insults which cost nothing posted by fans who couldn't hold a candle to Gh and the like .........

agree 100% Ian.

there is one excpetion though, and he goes by the name of El Hadji Diouf.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:45 am

On a related note to this issue about GH , i wonder those fans who scoff at his achievements in winning the league cup will feel the same way if Rafa brings home that particular trophy.
While i  thought it was time for GH to go and can understand heat of the moment emotional outbursts at the time. Im still rather perplexed how much of slating he cops even today by some fans.
I certainly agree history will be a kinder judge of his reign
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:22 am

3000 Lpool fans where singing are you watching Houllier last night, he got alot of peoples backs up, because of his expensive mistakes, falling out with Steve Highway, would never have given this youth a chance , even though he got made the academy and Melwood into very attractive training facilities.
I was grateful for what he done in his first season at the club, but after his heart bypass, he should have gone upstairs.
He sat there like a zombie after that, and that was no good for the players or the fans, he couldnt get carried away or excited at the team, because of his illness.
He spent an awful lot of money on flops who failed to deliever the goods once they arrived, the talent scouts should have done there home work.
And also he always had every excuse under the sun for failure instead of being honest.
I dont hate him, but im not a fan of him either and im glad hes gone.
But He doesnt fall into the catagory of an anfield great in the mold of Shanks or Paisley.
And I think he should let go now we are moving forward with a great boss who will bring us great achievements again.
You only need to look at them on sunday the flair the attacking lovely football they played, compared to fall asleep watching them the past 2 years :sleepy: .
Thats why the bluenoses and the mancs wanted him to stay and went mad when we got rafa, as they knew and we knew we would not win anything else with him.
And he had to go it was time for a change and we have made the right one.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:27 pm

It is possible that history will judge Houllier's regime a lot kinder than people do at the moment, but we'll have to wait and see. If the club goes on to great success under Benitez then I think a lot of fans will look at Houllier with fondness and his cup triumphs will shine out.

However, it could also be possible that the club struggles for a number of years after his financial excesses, and if that happens, then, well, that could be a different story.

I think myself and Greenred are both of the same mind here: neither of us hated Houllier (indeed I thought that there was a lot to like about the man) and we never criticised him on a personal level but both of us were keen on him going and both were scared at the possibility of the club holding on to him for a further season, which could have been disasterous.

Like Greenred I too advocated Martin O' Neill, and although I'm happy with Rafeal Benitez, appointing O' Neill would have been no way a disasterous move by the club.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Introductions Forum