Zarababe!

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Rafa D » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:28 am

I'm really not bothered me.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:31 am

Well I think everything depends on how you understand a joke. We're from different parts of the world and different ways of understanding humour.

After reading the thread I have no doubts about MH's intentions. He has that kind of humour. For instance when his country was bombed, he made jokes about it , and when in that thread some people understood why Israel was doing that (to combat terrorists) he also put a photo with the note "me and my friends" with some guerrilla fighters -- no one was offended then.

I understand MH's humour because Spanish has some similarities. And I know he has no bad intentions.

I understand aswell that Woof has the right to be offended about a difficult subject like that, but MH deserves some credit, he doesn't like terrorists, he's a lfc fan and a poster that makes no trouble. It's just the way he has to protest about people thinking muslims are all terrorists. He has no intention to harm. He did? fair enough, but let's calm down, admit it's a cultural gap of understanding humour, and walk on.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:40 am

i must say im disgusted... how can some people...

nah, i dont care, its funny if u ask me. Humour is the best way to deal with politics and religion as both are insane and cause death and destruction.

lets all just be happy yeah? i dont like unhappy
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:41 am

oh dear! we're all so terribly offended aren't we? how dare they make a joke about something which relates to stereotypes about their own culture? how dare they make jokes about the way that culture is represented in the media? and how dare they connect that to the possible future ownership of our sacred lfc?

and how ironic that self proclaimed educated posters on here can choose when to be offended by others and when they see fit to make jokes - at times offensive jokes - at the expense of other peoples' ways of life.

in my very humble opinion those who are offended by this thread need to step back a little and have a deep breath and a think about whether what has been said is really so bad.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:42 am

go on andy_g... tell it like it is dude :D

nah, good post.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:43 am

Once again,

I AM NOT BOTHERED! :D

I have muslim friends and a lot worse is said.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:46 am

I think this thread was indeed started as a tongue in cheek response to some of the hysterical remarks made in the "Radical Islam" thread . It has amused some and  offended others . It's hardly the first thread thats ever done that .

I'm going for a walk .

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:48 am

andy_g wrote:in my very humble opinion those who are offended by this thread need to step back a little and have a deep breath and a think about whether what has been said is really so bad.

I would have laughed if it would have been random but it was in reguards to the radical islam topic.

I would have prefered condemnation of the program in that topic rather than make a silly topic of how they think they are sterotyped.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:49 am

woof woof ! wrote:I'm going for a walk .

:laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:50 am

woof woof ! wrote:I think this thread was indeed started as a tongue in cheek response to some of the hysterical remarks made in the "Radical Islam" thread . It has amused some and  offended others . It's hardly the first thread thats ever done that .

I'm going for a walk .

Are you the little guy on all fours, an undercover bizzie?  :laugh:
66-1112520797

Postby andy_g » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:52 am

i think there is a fair amount of condemnation going on in that thread, lynds - alongside the hysteria. but i think that zb and mh have every right to respond in their own way aswell. the old cliche about one man's (or woman's) meat being the other's poison is true i suppose - i laughed to myself when i saw the topic at first. even so, i think certain comments made have been way more out of order than the posts originally made by zara or metalhead.
Last edited by andy_g on Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:54 am

Bad joke, poor taste. Delete the thread and move on would be my answer. Where's Lando when we need a reasoned response  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Woollyback » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:26 pm

Mikz wrote:No cobblers about it. I got crucified for joking about the manchester bomb Wooly , didnt realise you were there , and on the Remembrence day thread I foolishly signed my name as --- Tioc Faidh ar la and you were first to tell me off . :lookaround

Anyway - good job Barrys sober tonight or hed be givin it stacks  :laugh:

blimey mikz you've got a better memory than me, i can't remember the remembrance day thing (pardon the pun)

neither can i remember what you said about the manchester bomb but i do remember the actual bomb - it was feckin LOUD and manchester looks a whole lot better 10 years down the line because of it. so thanks to the IRA for making my city a nicer place, how is jail btw? :laugh:

i reckon we need a mint card moment - something to redress the clever/dumb balance? who's first to tell a muslim joke?

nobody? OK

dubya and osama are having a cup of tea together one morning watching a box set of star trek. osama says "george i really like these star trek episodes - they're a wonderful example of racial harmony, there's black people, chinese people, white people all getting on, but the only thing that confuses me is there's no muslims in it, wy is that?"

"don't be stupid" says dubya, "it's set in the future"  :laugh:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:48 pm

Woollyback wrote:
Mikz wrote:No cobblers about it. I got crucified for joking about the manchester bomb Wooly , didnt realise you were there , and on the Remembrence day thread I foolishly signed my name as --- Tioc Faidh ar la and you were first to tell me off . :lookaround

Anyway - good job Barrys sober tonight or hed be givin it stacks  :laugh:

blimey mikz you've got a better memory than me, i can't remember the remembrance day thing (pardon the pun)

neither can i remember what you said about the manchester bomb but i do remember the actual bomb - it was feckin LOUD and manchester looks a whole lot better 10 years down the line because of it. so thanks to the IRA for making my city a nicer place, how is jail btw? :laugh:

i reckon we need a mint card moment - something to redress the clever/dumb balance? who's first to tell a muslim joke?

nobody? OK

dubya and osama are having a cup of tea together one morning watching a box set of star trek. osama says "george i really like these star trek episodes - they're a wonderful example of racial harmony, there's black people, chinese people, white people all getting on, but the only thing that confuses me is there's no muslims in it, wy is that?"

"don't be stupid" says dubya, "it's set in the future"  :laugh:

:laugh:  :D  :laugh:  The clever / dumb balance has been restored. Well done Wools.

My joke , THere was this one legged black lesbian jew from iran selling the big issue outside the maccies. When David moores Rick Parry and the Shiek of dubia walks in the maccies. "Buy the big issue and help the homeless gents" say's Beryl. " Here you go doll , here's a quid for your trouble "say's the shiek.

" You've just bought Liverpool and you only give me a quid yer feckin mingebag " say's Beryl. 

To which the shiek replied " well beryl i thought you could buy Everton with your quid and we could be equal."

"Well i might be a one legged black lesbian jew from Iran  with no home , but i'm not that desperate"

Boom Boom. :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:30 pm

account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum