Young girls smoking

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby lakes10 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:47 am

the other week i was at my local shops, it seems the norm now to see all young girls smoking. but on this day the thing that got to me was a policeman walked past them without even saying anything, they could have only been about 13-15.

Ilive near a school and my road seem to be the place for them to hide on the way home so they can have a smoke before going home (not puff just fags).

one thig that is clear there are less boys smoking than before.

why is it that so many girls are smoking?
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:50 am

Because it's cool? LOL
Probably because that beehive b!tch smokes or something.
I dunno
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:39 am

i think some feel it makes them skinny
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:15 am

is does make you wonder why anybody starts smoking these days with all the anti stuff that goes with it, people looking at you as if you have two heads.

i wouldnt say ive seen any increase in girls smoking, is it a girls school by any chance :D

teens being teens if you ask me.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Number 9 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:22 am

So whats the police man gonna do Lakes..Tell them off?
Yeah then a week later the mum and dad march her into the cop shop and say shes having nightmares and cant sleep,she wont go to school etc..lay it on thick.And the police man finds himself up on charges of emotionally abusing a minor!
Would'nt surprise me in this country.
If the kids are standing outside the shops smoking,their parents probably know they smoke anyway..its not as if they were hiding it!

My biggest shock here is that someone was actually shocked by seeing this in 2009 mate!
FFS in some parts of Belfast kids that age(yeah girls too) are standing in the street sniffibg glue drinking alchopops and waiting on a stolen car to pop by to take them on a joyride! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:25 pm

In the good days i would have made them smoke cigars till puking.

That would make em think twice :;):
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:25 pm

lakes10 wrote:i think some feel it makes them skinny

you're  right there. cigarettes can get you skinny so girls, some girls, smoke because of that. i dont have any source nor did i check the net for it but ive been told.  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby lakes10 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:47 pm

Number 9 wrote:So whats the police man gonna do Lakes..Tell them off?
Yeah then a week later the mum and dad march her into the cop shop and say shes having nightmares and cant sleep,she wont go to school etc..lay it on thick.And the police man finds himself up on charges of emotionally abusing a minor!
Would'nt surprise me in this country.
If the kids are standing outside the shops smoking,their parents probably know they smoke anyway..its not as if they were hiding it!

My biggest shock here is that someone was actually shocked by seeing this in 2009 mate!
FFS in some parts of Belfast kids that age(yeah girls too) are standing in the street sniffibg glue drinking alchopops and waiting on a stolen car to pop by to take them on a joyride! :D

as it seems we come from other places in the UK it might be hard for me to understand what its like for you, where i live the kids still have respect for the police and a word from them can still stop them, also the police should have a word with the adults that buy them for the kids outside the shop.
I dont live in a bad area but with all this health drive going on i think its time kids and smoking was sorted out. from what i hear you are soon only going to be able to buy them under the counter, i can not see how that is going to help. a local school run a test on all the kids , they took a swob from their gums, 90% of the girls that did the tes were foun to have smoked in the last 12 hours and 40% of boys.

this did not break the rules as the kids could say no to having the test done, it was a school health day
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:05 pm

I smoke, and im no anorexic looker... only 30 a day tho, so maybe need to smoke more
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:31 pm

lakes10 wrote:as it seems we come from other places in the UK it might be hard for me to understand what its like for you, where i live the kids still have respect for the police and a word from them can still stop them, also the police should have a word with the adults that buy them for the kids outside the shop

:D

Its fine where I live now mate,but about 3 miles away on the other side of the city a lot of people are afraid to go out at nights!
Over here when all the shi't was going on we had the lowest crime rate in the UK(I mean common crime,not counting bullets and bombs)lol
Simply because the paramilitaries did not tolerate any shi't in their areas.
But now some parts are almost out of control,things are getting better now though in some areas cause the nationalist community have started co-operating more with police!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:35 pm

The night the house blew up in my street someone was stabbed, that was a fun night
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:28 pm

There was a show on C4 the other day 'Boys and Girls alone' and one of the girls there was smoking too. I think she was 10.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:38 pm

Some say its a way to stay skinny but i think most smoke just to look cool or fit in with thier type of peeps...
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:52 pm

Yeah the whole skinny thing I think stems from the theory that smoking takes away your appetite meaning you feel hungry less often and hence lose weight. The thing is whats the point in being skinny if you have to carry around a ventilator all day. Surley you will weigh more then compared to before right? :D

It's a discusting habit.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:56 pm

:laugh:  exactly.. i dont like women that smoke anyway.. bad smell...  Feckin if you want to lose weight just go on a good diet and hit cardio training..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum