Words you hate

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby lakes10 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:37 am

I think my top one is

hunter gatherers

it just there is no proof that there ever did this, sorry but if you live in a wood they you would think " i know this is a bit hard to keep going out killing them i think i will keep some and have they live with us and then i dont have to go looking for them"

it just winds me up so much, yes i know that we did go out and kill to live but i bet most of the time we breed them.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:07 am

last orders please - fecking hate them words
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:13 am

The one word that does my head in the most is random. It gets on my nerves when people just plonk it before things in a sentence. There's no need for it. They're always saying it on Radio 1, especially Jo Wiley and Vernon Kay.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:32 am

Manchester and United arent on my top ten of favourite words
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:41 am

"Your Very Brave". Used a lot on quiz shows, especially Deal or No Deal, towards people who want more money and represent greed. You have your soldiers, firemen, doctors who make decisions regarding peoples life, they are brave, people playing on quiz shows to increase there wealth are not.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:59 am

lakes, you clot! :D

has this been keeping you awake at night, wondering if 'hunter gatherers' is used correctly as a term for early humans?

its not such a big deal. a combination of hunting and gathering was, and in some societies still is, the basic way of making sure that there is enough food of enough variety to keep everybody fed. why do you doubt so much that we went out hunting and believe we bred our food instead? hunting is a simple and instinctive activity. breeding animals for food was a relatively complex activity for earlier societies which came along much much later.

if the words bother you why don't you use 'animal killer eater sometimes going and getting-ers' instead?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:05 am

andy_g wrote:lakes,  :D

didnt know you hated him  :D

=======================================

what lakes is also missing, that domestication of animals didnt occur until around 50000 yrs ago, so humans were more likely hunter gatherers and opportunists
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:01 pm

andy_g wrote:lakes, you clot! :D

has this been keeping you awake at night, wondering if 'hunter gatherers' is used correctly as a term for early humans?

its not such a big deal. a combination of hunting and gathering was, and in some societies still is, the basic way of making sure that there is enough food of enough variety to keep everybody fed. why do you doubt so much that we went out hunting and believe we bred our food instead? hunting is a simple and instinctive activity. breeding animals for food was a relatively complex activity for earlier societies which came along much much later.

if the words bother you why don't you use 'animal killer eater sometimes going and getting-ers' instead?

pmsl.......yes LOL

Time team always use it lol

I can also see why some would hate  LAKES lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:04 pm

Miff , hate that word.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:11 pm

another one i hate is moreish
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:14 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Miff , hate that word.

lol i am with you on that one.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:56 pm

i hate the work "pukka"

i just hate it. i don't know why....maybe something to do with the time everyone kept saying it and i mean EVERYONE, in EVERY sentence even if they didn't need to. stupid word.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:06 am

"You havin' a laugh."

All of them in that order.
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:10 am

"Chillax" :angry:

anything with "super" in front - super model, super bug whats bloody super about them?

"Over tired" - what??? you are either tired or your not, we exaggerate a lot these days !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:32 am

andy_g wrote:lakes, you clot! :D

:D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to General Chat Forum