Windows 7 - Anyone tried it ?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:39 pm

I have been trying windows 7 for the past few days. Awesome! Much faster than Vista and none of the irritating problems, while being much prettier than xp. I have been trying the Ultimate version admittedly, but I expect the other versions will be just as good.

Up to now anyway, I can say I am very pleased and surprised that Microsoft have finally got a product that is better than XP. 

No problems with drivers, irritating pop ups or crashes so far (touch wood) .......recommended.
account deleted by request

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:40 pm

Time to see the light, mate.....

Convert to mac and your life will never be the same again.

Apple rocks! :buttrock
ConnO'var

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:44 pm

I've been running it since the beta. We got the final and current release of Windows 7 at work back in October. I hated Vista, Windows 7 is what Vista should of been.

People will always compare it to XP because the whole look and feel is still different, like Vista. I like it and the sales figures definitely show the public aren't snubbing it like Vista.

Apple are a favourite of mine, but the Mac is totally unusable in the real world unless you are a graphics designer or something that requires heavy media editing. Hence why Mac users are a minority.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:45 pm

Win 7 is better than Vista no doubt but I still prefer my Linux setup - Gentoo FTW ! :)
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:46 pm

been running 7 for a few months now and must say im very pleased with it, still got a version of xp on my system as a back-up but so far so good.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:50 pm

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:been running 7 for a few months now and must say im very pleased with it, still got a version of xp on my system as a back-up but so far so good.

Same here, I run VMWare if I need an XP specific program.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:51 pm

Hi Saint, I'm on the out-laws PC at the moment and he/they have Windows 7. It does look pretty but mate I'm not computer minded really so I don't know what else these programes are supposed to offer and do. As long as it works thats all that I care about.

So not only did you get Y-fronts, socks and a battery powered potato peeler but you also got Windows 7 right? :D
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:52 pm

ConnO'var wrote:Time to see the light, mate.....

I have been tempted a time or two Conn' but I have always chickened out. I suppose it depends what you want your system for, and whether you enjoy "fiddling about" or just want something that works out of the box.

TBH I have so much computer stuff it would break my heart to move to a Mac now, but maybe one day  :D

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:55 pm

made in UK wrote:Hi Saint, I'm on the out-laws PC at the moment and he/they have Windows 7. It does look pretty but mate I'm not computer minded really so I don't know what else these programes are supposed to offer and do. As long as it works thats all that I care about.

So not only did you get Y-fronts, socks and a battery powered potato peeler but you also got Windows 7 right? :D

:laugh:  yeah mate    :shifty

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:56 pm

Actually, I love the mac cause it's idiot proof. Seeing as I'm pretty hopeless with the computer, the mac sets me free.... I don't have to mess with drivers, anti-virus etc etc.

It's pretty much intuitive and I got really lucky when a colleague introduced it to me.... I've since junked all the PCs at home. :D
ConnO'var

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:57 pm

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:been running 7 for a few months now and must say im very pleased with it, still got a version of xp on my system as a back-up but so far so good.

Yeah I am dual booting at the moment as well mate, but I am going to take the plunge and just run Windows 7 tonight.

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:10 pm

s@int wrote:

Yeah I am dual booting at the moment as well mate, but I am going to take the plunge and just run Windows 7 tonight.

like i said saint ive had no problems and to be honest ive not been back to xp for about 3 weeks now, so far everything i run on xp is working with 7.

alot of manufacturers will not bother making drivers for it so one of the best features of 7 is being able to run xp software on it, saves alot of endless searching.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby made in UK » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:11 pm

s@int wrote:
made in UK wrote:Hi Saint, I'm on the out-laws PC at the moment and he/they have Windows 7. It does look pretty but mate I'm not computer minded really so I don't know what else these programes are supposed to offer and do. As long as it works thats all that I care about.

:laugh:  yeah mate    :shifty

I knew it, telling people you got some crusty old jocks and a pair of smelly socks people would go out in sympathy with you.  :D
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:15 pm

ConnO'var wrote:Time to see the light, mate.....

:buttrock

Ill never go back to using Windows again.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:43 pm

I never "upgraded" to vista, not at home, not at work.

Is it true that windows 7 has a xp compatibility mode? if so, does it work well? there are a few sensitive apps that I want to keep running and don't work in vista.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum