Who are you most like? - - a footballers thread -

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:13 am

I'm very much a confidence player - when I'm up, I'm not bad, but when I am down,  I'm unlike any player ever to grace a field - quite possibly the worst footballer any of you have ever seen outside of a Psychiatric hospital or a Morgue.

I would like to think I pass like Xabi Alonso - I am always looking for a long ball that splits the play/changes the pattern, and despite being quite good at this 70% of the time, for the other 30% I am worse than Sissoko in a tumble dryer.

I shoot like Gerrard/Riise, but with the accuracy of a suicidal chicken on a rollercoaster. I played tonight, and missed about 5 sitters before scoring a hat-trick.

I can get a lot of power behind my shots, but I just cannot seem to direct them unless they are on the volley. (In which case I CAN direct them - usually 10 ft over the bar...)

My heading for someone of my height is woeful - almost as bad as Crouch. :D

My defensive skills are limited to blocks in or around the box - that's IT.

I have a simple saying that has served me quite well over the time I have been playing the game - "Do not put me in defense, otherwise we'll lose."

I add to this further with "Do not put me in the net either, otherwise we will lose badly."

My agility levels are pathetic to say that I am a first team (of 4) tennis player with brilliant reactions on the net where the ball flies at you at speeds in excess of 100mph. People simply do not get the ball past me when I am paying attention.

Yet - in a footy goal - I am like a spaz. Everything below waist height is a goal, unless it's within kicking distance. I just cannot get down fast enough to stop even the most innocuous of shots along the ground.

So - in short - I am a midfielder who likes to pass and shoot, and not much else! - Fat Frank it is, then... :D
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:25 am

Djimi Traoare. Couple of weeks back, i back heeled the ball into my own net. :D

I can pull out a spectacular goal every now then, but my team mates generally don't pass the ball to me, for good reason.  :D

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:40 am

Redman in wales wrote:Gonna start up another new (hopefully interesting) thread here for those of you who play football...

Who would you liken yourselves to on the football pitch?

Do you play like a certain player? - Do you try and emulate their style?

Quite obviously we are not as good as the lads that pull on that famous red shirt (or any other prem shirt for that matter) but, are we similar in our stlye of play to anyone? ???

----

For me, I first started off as a central defender while I was at primary school, but soon moved to a central midfield role aged 11. For my school and college I was a box-to-box midfielder, sort of a cross between momo (using my defensive upbringing) and gerrard. But having said that, I am more like Masherano, in the sense that I can track a player well, incept passes, tackle, break up play, but also distribute and ocasionally shoot on target as well!

Being honest I don't have the greatest shot in the world (or even on my team!!)  but I like to beak up play and also create for others.

---

Who are you most like?

you ask who you are most like, and your three players  :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:28 am

Judge wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:Gonna start up another new (hopefully interesting) thread here for those of you who play football...

Who would you liken yourselves to on the football pitch?

Do you play like a certain player? - Do you try and emulate their style?

Quite obviously we are not as good as the lads that pull on that famous red shirt (or any other prem shirt for that matter) but, are we similar in our stlye of play to anyone? ???

----

For me, I first started off as a central defender while I was at primary school, but soon moved to a central midfield role aged 11. For my school and college I was a box-to-box midfielder, sort of a cross between momo (using my defensive upbringing) and gerrard. But having said that, I am more like Masherano, in the sense that I can track a player well, incept passes, tackle, break up play, but also distribute and ocasionally shoot on target as well!

Being honest I don't have the greatest shot in the world (or even on my team!!)  but I like to beak up play and also create for others.

---

Who are you most like?

you ask who you are most like, and your three players  :laugh:

:p

what i actually said was i run box to box like a cross bewteen momo and stevie but i'm more like mash.

hence my answer was masherano.  :p
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:34 am

:p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redallover » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:00 pm

No fuss-abouts play. That's my game up and down!
redallover

Postby jkop » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:47 pm

redallover wrote:No fuss-abouts play. That's my game up and down!

But like which football player ? :D
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:50 am

I was like Le Tissier on form i made things happen and scored goals, off form people said it looked like i didnt give a monkeys !

That wasnt my quote that was my team mates ! worst thing is when i was off form i tried harder !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:48 pm

ok, so I'm a girl, but I did use to play footie with my bro and his mates when we were at primary school.
Good fun it was.

And the best comment I had...footie related...was that my shot was like a red arrow!!

I was well pleased at the time  :D
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thingy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:51 am

Ronaldinho. Didnt I ever tell anyone i taught him all his Skills? :D
Thingy

Postby jkop » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:01 am

shanks72 wrote:ok, so I'm a girl, but I did use to play footie with my bro and his mates when we were at primary school.
Good fun it was.

And the best comment I had...footie related...was that my shot was like a red arrow!!

I like a woman in a football kit. :eyebrow

:D
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:06 am

Right now i play most like Alonso, i pressurise the oppo i like to think, or others watching may say run about like a headless chicken. I can pass very well and shoot well from distance, but if i get a chance in front of goal it looks as though i have never kicked a ball. For my height (6'4) i am sh!te at heading, but still better than Crouch!

Never ever put me in goal, i never dive for the ball, well i suppose i do, but i go down in shifts, the games restarted by the time i hit turf.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby shanks72 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:57 pm

jkop wrote:
shanks72 wrote:ok, so I'm a girl, but I did use to play footie with my bro and his mates when we were at primary school.
Good fun it was.

I like a woman in a football kit. :eyebrow

And dare I say it..I love Baros in one!! :love:
Image Image

shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:01 am

Me? A cross between Julian Dicks and David Burrows  :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:06 am

my dad played amateur footie 'til he was 50.

His mate Brian also played and was the goalie.

On one occasion during the game the ball was passed back to Brian......who, at the time was adjusting his radio in the back of the net...luckilly the ball went wide.

On another occasion play was slow....when all of a sudden  a crunch was heard...it was Brian who in his boredom had broken the goal post by swinging on it!

Image Image

shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum