Where the bloody hell has

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby dawson99 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:55 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Fair enough Daws youve had your say an ive had mine . its gonna go round in circles here because weve interpreted ciggys post differently, Lets just jib it an get back on to celebrating winning the double, I might even buy you a bevvi but only if we win the double mind :;):

deal.

its just all i get 24/7 is abuse for supporting liverpopol. the last thing i need is to get the s@me sh!t from people on this forum.

but end of the day all we all want is for the club to win.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:56 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
dawson99 wrote:But thats exactly what she was saying nanny. i love cigs, shes quality. but i wont get talked down to purely based on where i was born.

Not being funny like Daws but we have every right to think that , LFC is in Liverpool an of course its expected there should be more scousers at the game than any one from outside, the city, no one is saying yous are all not as passionate, but its got to be a crying shame the last few years the amount of lads i have known who have been going the game for years who have either jibbed it because of all the s.ite that has been getting into the ground or have been priced out of going ,

If you say  for instance lived in Chelsea Daws brought up as a supporter . Born into that support, you would be saying the same thing about the way there club has become. if you can understand my meaning but as Ciggy said its the clubs fault with all the corporates,. it breaks my heart Daws to see local men a woman an local kids who are the future supporters of this club an the lifes blood of this club being priced out of the game, An yes i do honestly believe that if this carrys on Liverpool will end up another Chelsea full of plastic supporters ,

An Bam i know its a world wide internet forum but its a world wide Liverpool forum with not many scousers on thats all im saying an all ciggy was saying , youd expect alot more but the ones who have decided to give it a miss are scousers. thats all

I understand what you're saying, Sandra, but like Ciggy said, it's the clubs fault, but not for the reason she thinks. It's not OOTer's fault that locals are being priced out of the game. If anything, it's the OOTers that are paying through the teeth to actually spend big money to simply get to a game. You can't blame them. Football has changed. There needs to be more money, and the fans will inevitably have to pay through the nose for it. That's life. That's the times we live in. As for who's to blame, yes it's corporates, but again that's just the times. Also, if Anfield had have been redeveloped years ago, then everyone would have been happy. As it stands, for a club as big as ours to have a stadia the houses only 44,000 or so is a disgrace. It's just not viable anymore. Blame the club for not having either a stadium that houses 70,000+, or not building one to meet the demand.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:31 pm

I don't give a f'uck where our fans come from.

I'm born a scouser but being Liverpool born and bred doesn't automatically give you the right to claim that you're LFC's biggest fan and you support for the club is more credible than those born elsewhere.

Let's face it, thousands of scousers support Everton.

Personally I'd rather have a drink with a red supporter from Tokyo than a blue one from Toxteth.

Like the Beatles, Liverpool FC became bigger than the city itself, about time scousers recognised that and became more proud and appreciative of the worldwide support the club and it's homegrown fans have attracted.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:37 pm

woof woof ! wrote:I don't give a f'uck where our fans come from.

I'm born a scouser but being Liverpool born and bred doesn't automatically give you the right to claim that you're LFC's biggest fan and you support for the club is more credible than those born elsewhere.

Let's face it, thousands of scousers support Everton.

Personally I'd rather have a drink with a red supporter from Tokyo than a blue one from Toxteth.

Like the Beatles, Liverpool FC became bigger than the city itself, about time scousers recognised that and became more proud and appreciative of the worldwide support the club and it's homegrown fans have attracted.

I have a mixture of feelings about this Woof.

You put this point perfectly and I agree, Liverpool has become bigger than the city.

But I think, that anyone joining the club as a fan, must embrace aswell the values of scousers and the city...

I mean, I embraced Liverpool not because they wear red, or are English, or especifically from Liverpool. I embraced the club because the values Toshack and Aldo taught me made me "fall in love".

And once you start loving a club, you must love in in all aspects, including what that club's soul is of. Call me elitist, but I come here to know everything about the club. Much of it can be discussed from what I see in the tv, and that's where I discuss with Ace, Bam, or whoever watches the matches.

But there's another part that I as a football fan consider information about the club. And that happens in the stand and in the city. And that only can be provided by people like Nanny and Igor and Leon... it's not that I disrespect the non match goers, it's that the scousers and match goers complete the whole picture I want to embrace...

It's like wearing a Che Guevara shirt mate. :D. If you embrace his ideology and his fight, then ok, wear it. But if you're a rich cúnt then it's a bit strange you wear a Che Guevara shirt!!
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:13 pm

But I think, that anyone joining the club as a fan, must embrace aswell the values of scousers and the city...

Fine words Sabre, but doubt if the "values" would be significantly different except perhaps that "scousers" perhaps prefer to see more local talent promoted into the team , (a formula that perhaps in the long term didn't work too well for Bilbao :D )

It's like wearing a Che Guevara shirt mate. :D. If you embrace his ideology and his fight, then ok, wear it. But if you're a rich cúnt then it's a bit strange you wear a Che Guevara shirt!!

Bin Laden was a rich k'unt, if only he hadn't worn that f'ucking T-shirt, the world would be so much different now.

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:18 pm

woof woof ! wrote:

Bin Laden was a rich k'unt, if only he hadn't worn that f'ucking T-shirt, the world would be so much different now.

:D

:laugh:  :laugh: :censored: ive just nearly spilt me glass of coke all over me laughing :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:45 pm

Woof spot on mate.

FFS people, ALL OF US ARE LIVERPOOL SUPPORTERS..FACT

This Forum is a Liverpool Supporter Forum... FACT

WE ALL LOVE AND DIE FOR LIVERPOOL.. .FACT

We are a nice community in this forum, even though there are some tensions between members here about different views, we still laugh, make jokes and take the p!ss at one another.

We are all liverpool fans and we have a HUGE thing in common, We love liverpool FC.

I hope the likes of Bigmick, Leon and Igor, even ciggy for that matter to come back, because all of them are good posters who contributes well to the forum.

There are so many more that were awesome members, but unfortunately stopped posting anymore, but life moves on new members join that are good as them.

Now stop the bickering and lets hope Liverpool go on to be champions once again

:buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:31 pm

dawson99 wrote:Peewee dont even live in europe.

and i still got to more games than you the past six years.

do me a favour, don't drag me into your arguments
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:36 pm

Sabre wrote:
peewee wrote:
Sabre wrote:and the best of all, Peewee, with the "Mick is like me" super line. That was a great one. :D

I don't recall bringing you up so why bring me up?

what is wrong with the line?

What's wrong with what I said?

I just think your style of posting is totally different to Mick's no worse, no better, just different.

For instance he doesn't usually take an unharmful sentence as a dig.  :)

It was no dig at all.

I never said it was a dig did I? also I never said we had the same posting style.

it would seem in your haste to try and drag me into something you got it totally wrong again
112-1077774096

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:54 pm

peewee wrote:
dawson99 wrote:Peewee dont even live in europe.

and i still got to more games than you the past six years.

Just out of interest , what games have you flown in for over the last six years ?

Only asking as I've battled (most of the time unsuccessfully) to get tickets for most  games, especially home ones. Maybe you could give us all a tip on how, despite living in Thailand, you manage to get more tickets than some of us poor f'uckers resident in the UK.

Is it purely down to the fact that you're "considerably richer" ?

???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:11 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:Thats a shame. I thought this forum was for Liverpool supporters, and not just scousers. Shame on us eh for being OOTers supporting the mighty reds. I will carry my burden to my grave. Shame on me  :sniffle

LFC belongs to Liverpool first and foremost Anfields already been ripped apart by the lack of scousers lets go the whole hog and iradicate them from football forums aswell nice one.  :buttrock

Me, peewee, nanny and woof 4 scousers on a liverpool forum Id say thats a damn shame. Even Jonnymac left what does that tell you?

yeah, really sounds like words from a true fan uniting all on a forum

If Ciggy was born in Manchester she would support Man Utd/Man City. If Dawson was born in Manchester he would still support Liverpool.

And that’s a FACT.

There are clearly some scousers on this forum that love the city more than the club.

And that’s a FACT.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:16 pm

That

"....... - FACT"

stuff people do really p.isses me off  :D
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby tubby » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:24 pm

is that a FACT Goat? :D

Mods I think this thread should be locked. It was originally just asking where Igor had gone and it is turning ugly. Let's close it before the cards get dished out.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:38 pm

Don't think it's turned ugly Bav, in fact it's potentially turned very informative and a real help to us all, provided Peewee deigns to tell us how even if you live in Bangkok you can get more tickets to games than someone living in the UK.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:48 pm

Aw sh'it, PeeWe's logged out :( . Maybe he found that those tickets to all the games he apparently went too were as genuine as the LFC shirts you can buy in any Thai market.  :( .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum