Singapore, Singapore
11%
Moscow, Russia
No votes
Rome, Italy
5%

Total votes : 19

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:37 pm

Im only allowed to put 10 on the poll and obviously there are a lot more like Mexico City, Madrid, Rio de Janeiro, Cairo, Delhi, Mumbai and so on but I cant fit them all on

So whats the most important and why?
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:20 am

None of the above.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:23 am

SO what would you go for Emerald
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:42 am

BELFAST!!

No fuc'cking brainer baby!! :blues:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:03 am

I voted London, as they are right up there when it comes the words "robbed" and "britain". London is the base of our government and where all the decisions regarding money making are made. As northerner, it helps to blame the "southern fairies" when things go wrong, if we are losing out, its because of the government, who are based in london ! :p

Londoners dont have it so great either, in fact, the residents there have it worse. The prices are ridiculous, the portions in takeaways defy belief, the price of a pint of beer around the country is daft, in london its daylight robbery ! So I choose London as important. If I ever get really depressed about things up north, one day in london will bring me to the light and realise, it could be worse ! Also, look at the press. I detest them, as many people do. Based in London. Im fed up of pointless international matches regarding England and our best player (Gerrard) but also miffed when Carragher is overlooked. But the best one is to come. The olympics. The southerners will be taxed, as it is benefitting them. The amounts of money involved for it, can only be payed back through the taxpayer, I almost DARE the government to tax the northerners for that.

So, London for me. A place for me to direct my blame while us northerners are perfectly innocent and have to accept what them "southern fairies" tell us to do ! :D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:04 am

I don't know. What's really "important" about any city? They're just places people live. No one city is vital to the planet's survival, and if you're talking about money and stuff like that, then obviously New York because of Wall Street; but if that place got wiped off the map tomorrow, then some other place would just take its place instead. I'd say older, more historical places are far more important if anything other than just to preserve the history of our civilization.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:20 am

I voted for my birthplace, certainly the most powerful per capita (although I guess the Vatican could make a strong argument for that) A very unique city in the world as it was a bit of a wasteland until Thomas Jefferson compromised with Alexander Hamilton that he would allow for a National Bank if the capitol was outside Virginia instead of in New York. The whole reason for the city is the federal government.
JoeTerp

Postby Effes » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:22 am

Amsterdam - dont know what I'd do without that place being 1 hour's flight away.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:26 am

If you're going to go by sheer historical importance, then the fact Rome is on that list renders a poll useless and should be closed.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:36 am

Emerald Red wrote:If you're going to go by sheer historical importance, then the fact Rome is on that list renders a poll useless and should be closed.

Please explain?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:44 am

it is impossible to establish anything Dundalk. i reallly dont see the objective of this poll. important in what sense? as you should know, some would vote because of bias due to the fact they live there. to each respective individual, their own city is considered most important simply because thats where they earn their bread and butter and its only natural for them to feel that way.

there are many factors involved.

1) how they effect the global economy if their currency drop
2) how much culture and history they have
3) natural resources
4) population
5) tourism

places in middle east can be considered important too due to the oil factor.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby babu » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:33 am

jesus. its just your opinion ffs. just vote and explain why you voted.

I voted NY, been to all but 2 cities on that list and NY (manhattan) impressed me the most.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:38 am

I bet you are wondering why you bothered coming back Dundalk  :D
112-1077774096

Postby bigmick » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:07 am

London. Lived there for twenty years and I've got to say IMHO it's the best city in the World. If you want to live in a city, live in London. If you don't, then the world is your lobster.

I should also ask, why don't people ch!ll out a bit? Poor old Dundalk starts a pretty harmless poll in General Chat and people have a pop at him? C'mon guys, deep breaths.

As a further edit, I'm also fully aware that the statement about London is fairly controversial, but it is my opinion nontheless.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:37 am

Effes wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:If you're going to go by sheer historical importance, then the fact Rome is on that list renders a poll useless and should be closed.

Please explain?

Because it's there on the list, and most major cities you see today were esablished because of the Romans. It's that simple, really.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum