5%

Total votes : 19

Postby Judge » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:15 pm

thats coz our burgers are smaller
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:22 pm

New York.

Its bars open until 4 and the whole of manhatten is a grid so cannot really get lost when p!ssed.

Plus the weather is nicer than London.

I strike off all non English speaking ones as they should all speak the same language as me.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:25 pm

Big Niall wrote:New York.

Its bars open until 4 and the whole of manhatten is a grid so cannot really get lost when p!ssed.

I strike off all non English speaking ones as they should all speak the same language as me.

niall talk includes - be jaysus, tree (3), your filty you need a bat, fick orf etc

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:28 pm

Judge wrote:

niall talk includes - be jaysus, tree (3), your filty you need a bat, fick orf etc

tanks a lot :D
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Glen Quagmire » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:38 pm

Bristol FTW
Glen Quagmire

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:49 am

dawson99 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:I voted London, as they are right up there when it comes the words "robbed" and "britain". London is the base of our government and where all the decisions regarding money making are made. As northerner, it helps to blame the "southern fairies" when things go wrong, if we are losing out, its because of the government, who are based in london ! :p

Londoners dont have it so great either, in fact, the residents there have it worse. The prices are ridiculous, the portions in takeaways defy belief, the price of a pint of beer around the country is daft, in london its daylight robbery ! So I choose London as important. If I ever get really depressed about things up north, one day in london will bring me to the light and realise, it could be worse ! Also, look at the press. I detest them, as many people do. Based in London. Im fed up of pointless international matches regarding England and our best player (Gerrard) but also miffed when Carragher is overlooked. But the best one is to come. The olympics. The southerners will be taxed, as it is benefitting them. The amounts of money involved for it, can only be payed back through the taxpayer, I almost DARE the government to tax the northerners for that.

So, London for me. A place for me to direct my blame while us northerners are perfectly innocent and have to accept what them "southern fairies" tell us to do ! :D

Possibly the worst post I have EVER read. London is rubbish because Journalists work there?

London is simply brilliant.
Yeah you pay a little more, but then again I could shop in Iceland more, but I know Waitrose is better.
And the women in London, oh the women, brilliant.
As for takeaway portions benig smaller.. maybe that's why the further north you go the larger the clothe sizes are

And we don;t have funny accents (Liverpool accent not included in this joke)

where would you rather live? Yorkshire? LOLOLOL

A lot of what I wrote was tongue in cheek, which is why I popped in the smileys. I know a couple of friends from london who are happy living there and like others appreciate it. I put it down as important to me, as its somewhere to blame. I can blame the problems we all have on the government, who are in london, and so its all the souths doing. Like I said it was tongue in cheek comments, most of the ministers are from up north. I also acknowledged the press, again with my tongue in cheek. Most of them are from london but absolutely love Man Utd.

I'll give a none tongue in cheek comment. I voted london, as whatever decision is made there affects me.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:38 am

i feel that based on culture it is hard to vote for any north american city or state as they simply do not have any that i am aware of except for - tv, fries, baseball and hotdogs. an asian or european country has got deeper roots with much more history. countries like India for example. food wise, as for England, the food is bland. that's why in 1971, 2 Americans went over and created the phenomenon that is Hard Rock Cafe. so we should all be thankful your food stinks! :p

as i mentioned earlier, Middle East can have a huge say in this as that's where our oil come from and if they were to increase or decrease the prices as they wish, it will screw the global economy up as we have witnessed before. this incident was mentioned in class but i can't really remember which year it is so searching the internet for it will be like looking for a needle in the haystack. based on the economy, many countries have their currency compared to the US Dollar. so that is a plus point for an American state.

however, if we're to base our votes on how safe a country is, Singapore clearly is the best if not perhaps some place in Switzerland. the criminal offense rate is relatively low. Singapore also have got a very good public transport system and one of the best airports in the world which i doubt London can boast. i quote this article written earlier this year :

"Missing bags on a biblical scale, with estimates ranging between 15,000 and 28,000. Even better, only weeks afterwards, 5000 still-unclaimed bags were marked down for incineration. True, this was an isolated incident, but it’s the latest in a long line of issues Heathrow has had to deal with, the worst being overcrowding. Before Terminal 5 opened, the airport was dealing with 68 million passengers per annum when it was designed to handle 45 million. Terminal 5 should alleviate many of these problems now that it seems to be working properly, but until everything settles down, Heathrow makes the list."

source: http://www.asap.co.uk/blog/worst-airport.htm

but Singapore due to its size has many limitations one of which being the fact that their only natural resource happens to be us humans. vital needs which are used daily such as water have to be bought from neighboring countries.

in recent months as we have seen, there has been many threats about a nuclear war breaking out from North Korea and they sure as hell have frightened many political establishments. currently if i am not mistaken all their missiles are aimed at Seoul and they will not have any hesitation going to war. therefore based on that fact i feel the most important city in the world today considering the factors and climate has to be the capital of North Korea - Pyongyang
maypaxvobiscum

Postby NiftyNeil » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:25 am

Calgary  :buttrock

NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:38 am

Big Niall wrote:
Judge wrote:

tanks a lot :D

welcome :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:41 am

washington dc is the most important. like it or lump it, america has more inluence over the rest of the world than anywhere by a country mile and dc is where it all gets decided

in the future though, beijing will be boss

as for my favourite city, it's gotta be paris. london absolutely rocks too   :buttrock
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:37 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:i feel that based on culture it is hard to vote for any north american city or state as they simply do not have any that i am aware of except for - tv, fries, baseball and hotdogs.

Don't be fooled, Maypax--North Americans only import the sh!t aspects of the culture to the rest of the world.  We keep all the cool stuff for ourselves.  :;):

Not sure about other measures but I think Singapore is a world leader in caning people, though, right?  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:11 pm

Where the fecks Liverpool on the pole . Culture , historical significance , popular culture .. a maritime collosus of the past , the slave trade . THe American civil war . THe mass migration of the irish and chinese and every other fecker who was going to the new world . The best football team on Gods earth ffs. and so on and so forth . If Barac obama was from this country ,he would be Scouse . FACT.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:18 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:THe American civil war

had no idea till I did some reading just now.

some interesting facts:

The first shot of the civil war was fired by a gun built in Duke Street and the last surrender was made in the Mersey when the CSS Shenandoah surrendered to the British Government rather than the American Government.
JoeTerp

Postby Judge » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:36 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:. If Barac obama was from this country ,he would be Scouse . FACT.

as long as he wasnt everton scouse
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:05 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:i feel that based on culture it is hard to vote for any north american city or state as they simply do not have any that i am aware of except for - tv, fries, baseball and hotdogs.

Don't be fooled, Maypax--North Americans only import the sh!t aspects of the culture to the rest of the world.  We keep all the cool stuff for ourselves.  :;):

Not sure about other measures but I think Singapore is a world leader in caning people, though, right?  :D

we are legends in it mate  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum