Whats on tv  ? - Stuff to watch

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby laza » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:32 am

Finally saw rest of season one of brilliant Mad men

Starting now on season 2 of Chuck which continues to entertain despite its rather formulaic premise. I guess delectable  Yvonne and scene stealing Baldwin brother help the cause.

Finally have got my hands on season 5 of the Wire , hope that awesome series ends on a high note
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:03 am

JoeTerp wrote:although its only been one episode so far :D

Got eps 1 - 3 downloaded, going to hopefully watch them this weekend.

@all

Hung is repeating on C4 at the mo. Top show!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:16 am

Have I mentioned White Collar yet?    Brilliant show.  I don't watch Burn Notice, but my guess is that is probably like it, but better.  Great characters, interesting new stories each episode, plus a little 5 minutes each week on the continuing story line (that is sort of becoming a standard for shows these days, but this one does it just a bit better, imo)
JoeTerp

Postby dawson99 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:56 am

JoeTerp wrote:Have I mentioned White Collar yet?    Brilliant show.  I don't watch Burn Notice, but my guess is that is probably like it, but better.  Great characters, interesting new stories each episode, plus a little 5 minutes each week on the continuing story line (that is sort of becoming a standard for shows these days, but this one does it just a bit better, imo)

You don't watch burn notice, but you guess white collar is probably better? Best. Review. Ever

(I do wanna see white collar though, looks cool)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:29 pm

[url=http://www.monova.org/details/3580103/THE%20PACIFIC%20PT%20I%20HDTV%20XVID-SYS%20[EZTV].html]ITS HERE AT LAST[/url]
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:57 pm

I got it last night but not watched it yet DD, hopefully its as good as B.O.B.
account deleted by request

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:45 pm

It was decent, not as good as B.O.B  but then again its only been one episode.

That scene in front of the church in the beginning was strange in so many ways. 1) that guy is too old to be acting so shy and awkward 2) how have they never met before?  3) you meet some chick for 3 seconds and your going to write to her while your fighting a war? that seems very, very strange.
JoeTerp

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:19 pm

the Pacific, clip from part one

A bit of a slow start, history lesson followed by an intro to some of the lead characters. Couple of cliches already thrown in, e.g.  going through a dead japs knapsack a marine discovers a photo of the dead japs wife and kid, message being "they're human too"

Nevertheless, production looks good , certainly on a par (so far) with Band of Brothers, keeping a space on my shelf for the realease of the DvD.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:53 am

a new show that premiers tonight that looks totally bad @ss is 'Justified'  starring Deadwood's Timothy Olyphant
JoeTerp

Postby laza » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:24 am

Sounds interesting always liked Mr Olyphant since his portrayal of drug dealer in movie GO
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:36 am

Finally got around to seeing the last series of the Wire and was fairly disappointed with it
IMO tried to cover too much with politics, newspaper, boths sides of the crime fence and depth of the story  suffered for it.
I also found the serial killer storyline too far fetched.

I wont say that drop in the series 5 makes previous 4 seasons entirely useless because that sort of thinking is reserved for football managers :D
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:54 pm

yea the serial killer thing was way over the top.  If they were going to do a 6th season they said it would have had the theme of the latin gangs moving in, which I bet would have been a great season.  I rank my wire seasons as :    1, 4, 3, 2, 5.

Another new show that I am giving a chance is Parenthood.  Its a family drama, sort of like modern family, which I find hilarious, but more serious.  Very hard for me to relate to these big close families.  And although I like how it doesn't 'always' work out in the end, the characters seem to be getting to many breaks going their way and you can sort of tell that everybody loves each other and gets along too well.  Hopefully some betrayal is in the cards :D
JoeTerp

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:07 pm

JoeTerp wrote:a new show that premiers tonight that looks totally bad @ss is 'Justified'  starring Deadwood's Timothy Olyphant

I watched the first episode Joe..... I enjoyed it. Bit farfetched, but ......thats ok.

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:11 pm

woof woof ! wrote:the Pacific, clip from part one

A bit of a slow start, history lesson followed by an intro to some of the lead characters. Couple of cliches already thrown in, e.g.  going through a dead japs knapsack a marine discovers a photo of the dead japs wife and kid, message being "they're human too"

Nevertheless, production looks good , certainly on a par (so far) with Band of Brothers, keeping a space on my shelf for the realease of the DvD.

My only complaint with the first episode is that the actors are too similar in appearance, very difficult to identify who's who.

Postby Greavesie » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:50 pm

s@int wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:the Pacific, clip from part one

My only complaint with the first episode is that the actors are too similar in appearance, very difficult to identify who's who.

I struggled with Band of Brothers for the same reason, plus the characters change constnantly and I get easily confused. Excellent watch mind  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum