Postby Emerald Red » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:36 pm

Fan made intro to The Walking Dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phLVlvMKVi8
Very impressive.

This show is going to be massive.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:07 pm

Looks good, but tbh im bored of the whole 'dead' genre. Plus this looks like a 28 Days Later U.S rip off.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:52 pm

Emerald Red wrote:. Another show that was getting good was Terminator. Some may think it was sh*te, but it was a hell of a lot better than the terrible last two films. Was cut far too soon.

Agree with that, it was apparently between cancelling Dollhouse or Sarah Connor. In hindsight I would have preferred they had packed up the dollhouse
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:36 pm

bavlondon wrote:Looks good, but tbh im bored of the whole 'dead' genre. Plus this looks like a 28 Days Later U.S rip off.

Why's that, Bav? Is it the whole waking up the hospital to the end of the world thing in the trailer? Well, Day of the Triffids did that first. But apart this and 28 Days borrowing from that, there is absolutely nothing in common between the two. I've read all the graphic novels and the focus is squarely on character development and what people do to surivive in this kind of world they find themselves in. The other major difference between 28 Weeks is that in 28 Weeks the zombies aren't really zombies in the true definition of the term. They are more infected mutants as opposed to the walking corpses that Romero invented. Big difference. 28 Weeks later only lasted about an hour and 40 minutes. The Walking Dead is stretched out over the course of months and years, again focusing on character development rather than set piece shocks for the viewers. For example, Rick Grimes, the comic's main character, is virtually unrecognizable in the present to what he was in the first issue since he woke up in the hospital. I seriously hope the series is allowed to expand that far, because it would make for some amazing TV viewing.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:43 pm

Anyone has any idea if Fringe S3 started yet? S2 was awesome
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:49 pm

Another great episode of An Idiot Abroad tonight - was in India going to see Taj Mahal
Benny The Noon

Postby taff » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:01 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Looks good, but tbh im bored of the whole 'dead' genre. Plus this looks like a 28 Days Later U.S rip off.

Why's that, Bav? Is it the whole waking up the hospital to the end of the world thing in the trailer? Well, Day of the Triffids did that first. But apart this and 28 Days borrowing from that, there is absolutely nothing in common between the two. I've read all the graphic novels and the focus is squarely on character development and what people do to surivive in this kind of world they find themselves in. The other major difference between 28 Weeks is that in 28 Weeks the zombies aren't really zombies in the true definition of the term. They are more infected mutants as opposed to the walking corpses that Romero invented. Big difference. 28 Weeks later only lasted about an hour and 40 minutes. The Walking Dead is stretched out over the course of months and years, again focusing on character development rather than set piece shocks for the viewers. For example, Rick Grimes, the comic's main character, is virtually unrecognizable in the present to what he was in the first issue since he woke up in the hospital. I seriously hope the series is allowed to expand that far, because it would make for some amazing TV viewing.

I am made up with this as I do like the zombie genre but am really interested to see how people get on surviving in a position like that and a series could really do that justice
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:54 pm

metalhead wrote:Anyone has any idea if Fringe S3 started yet? S2 was awesome

Yeah mate started last week, Ep2 screened in the USA last night
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:04 am

Emerald Red wrote:

Yeah mate it was the waking up in the hospital bit.

Although now (and look how easily I am swayed) I am really looking forward to it. I bought this new game for my iphone yesterday - Zombie Highway.

Now im liking the whole zombie scene again. Go figure.  :laugh:

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:05 am

dawson99 wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Last part of this is England is on tonighr, ive really enjoyed it

and the nutters back... has been a class little reunion

Them last 2 eps were quite full on. Shame it didn't go on longer though. Should have been 6 or 7 eps.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:11 am

bavlondon wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

Yeah mate it was the waking up in the hospital bit.

Although now (and look how easily I am swayed) I am really looking forward to it. I bought this new game for my iphone yesterday - Zombie Highway.

Now im liking the whole zombie scene again. Go figure.  :laugh:

Zombies are going through a bit of a phase at the moment, and thankfully they're finally getting "done right" because most films made in that genre are mostly sh*te. You should check out the graphic novels/comics, mate. They're very entertaining. Just torrent them or something.

Another book that goes into detail is Max Brooks' World War Z. A film is in production for that and Brad Pitt is supposed to be in it. It's told in a documentary style with Brooks being the interviewer post WWZ as he travels the world interviewing key survivors  as they tell their stories about what they went through. There's some very chilling tales and the audio books are narrated in such a way that they come across as very believable. You can listen to the audio version on Youtube, but the book goes into far more detail. The Battle of Yonkers would make an amazing scene in the film if and when it gets made. I hope they can do it justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGBN7IPkgGg
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:26 pm

Looks good that, might get the book.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:08 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Another great episode of An Idiot Abroad tonight - was in India going to see Taj Mahal

Havent seen it yet its on the sky plus for later.

Hope its as good as last weeks.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby dawson99 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:54 am

anyone know anything about Haven? Some new Stephen King poor mans fringe?

I'm gonna give Nikita a go tonight, basically to see Maggie Q running around with not much on.

And although Chuck season 3 finished last week on Channel1, it is back next week, season 4 on Living!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:14 am

The Apprentice - 6 people you really want to punch - a couple you want to laugh at and a few foxy ladies .
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum