Whats on tv  ? - Stuff to watch

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:10 pm

aCe' wrote:too bad the public in the US isnt open to any thought-provoking television programming..

We're currently experiencing a golden age of television programming with quality shows right, left and centre.  And, the vast majority of them are being produced in the U.S. so surely some of the American public is 'open' to them or they wouldn't be getting made, right?  ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:05 am

laza wrote:Zombies is on Halloween, I D/L Fringe and Supernatural yesterday from states
Fringe was good, yet to see Supernatural

Anyone seen the Event, been getting bit of hype over here as new X-files

Haven't heard about "Zombies" or "Event", thanks for the heads up.

Watched new eps of Fringe and Supernatural last night. Great to have them both back even though the Supernatural episode was a bit slow for a new season starter.

Got the new Dexter queued up for tonights watch.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:08 pm

Anyone watching An Idiot Abroad ? really enjoyed the first episode
Benny The Noon

Postby laza » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:57 pm

Yeah Woof, I watched Supernatural this morning and was very underwhelmed by season opener
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:25 pm

Laza, that Zombie show you mentioned, is it Sam Raimis "Zombie Roadkill" ? . Only asking as when I googled "Zombie tv series" I also got "Walking Dead" which is another one I hadn't heard of.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:29 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
aCe' wrote:too bad the public in the US isnt open to any thought-provoking television programming..

We're currently experiencing a golden age of television programming with quality shows right, left and centre.  And, the vast majority of them are being produced in the U.S. so surely some of the American public is 'open' to them or they wouldn't be getting made, right?  ???

I wouldnt quite say that theres quality shows left, right and center but I see you your point.. Theres definitely a wide variety of shows out there and some of them are quality but most of the stuff they have is utter garbage to be honest..

Too many shows that deserved to stay were canceled because they werent getting the expected numbers despite being some of the most original and thought-provoking shows out there...

2 prime examples: Arrested Development and FlashForward.. both canceled
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:32 pm

American tv is awesome at the moment, from the light (Leverage, Human Target, Castle) to the dark (Dexter, Southland) to the rehash Nikita and Hawaii 50  to the now well trodden House. To the leftfield Chuck Fringe Supernatural... all just class shows

Woog, pretty sure its Walking Dead everyone is gagging for at the moment
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:10 pm

aCe' wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

I wouldnt quite say that theres quality shows left, right and center but I see you your point.. Theres definitely a wide variety of shows out there and some of them are quality but most of the stuff they have is utter garbage to be honest..

Too many shows that deserved to stay were canceled because they werent getting the expected numbers despite being some of the most original and thought-provoking shows out there...

2 prime examples: Arrested Development and FlashForward.. both canceled

Yes, I would add Firefly to the list of gems that were canceled before their time.  I mostly blame the networks, though.  Fox is particularly notorious for moving shows around different timeslots and failing to let them settle and find their audience.  Much like with footy managers, shows need time to bed in and get into a rhythm before the results pour in.  Impatience...the bane of modern society.  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:23 pm

The Walking Dead
Premiers on Halloween on American tv
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Talking about shows being cancelled I was well pissed when Reaper got taken off the air ,used to enjoy that
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:30 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:The Walking Dead

That's the one Woof, Emerald Red posted a link a few pages back IIRC
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:46 am

If it wasn't for American TV, British TV would be dead.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:37 pm

laza wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:The Walking Dead

That's the one Woof, Emerald Red posted a link a few pages back IIRC

Cheers Laza

and RB
Talking about shows being cancelled I was well :censored: when Reaper got taken off the air ,used to enjoy that

Agree, whilst no award winner I thought the show was a good laugh and looked forward to each episode.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:04 pm

Jericho was the one that gutted me.. it was just getting awesome, and the original last epsiode was a classic cliffhanger

oh yeah, Firefly, wtf happened there, eejits upsatairs without a clue, and Reaper of course
Last edited by dawson99 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:58 pm

What rubs the salt in the wounds for me when shows like Firefly bit the dust, is some of the crud that just keeps going and going and going. Long after the Fonz has put the bike away and the shark has died of old age they are still chugging along
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum