Lost for me, ta. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:07 pm

The Wire
JoeTerp

Postby Dundalk » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:14 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Lost and 24 cancel each other out and the wire wins, simple as that.

Its all the one anyway the wire was always going to win anyway.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt

did you know there is an area in Baltimore called Dundalk?

Yeah I heard them mention it a few times when I was watching it so I looked it up

Cool  :cool:
Last edited by Dundalk on Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:20 pm

I vote for THE WIRE

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:47 pm

bloooody tricky i tells ya. i love lost and i love the wire. so i'm voting for a brand new series where a plane load of yo boy drug dealers crashes in the outer hebrides. the local police have to battle the mysterious 'interpol' and a weird gaseous black sheep monster. the secret to the whole mystery will finally be found when the leader of the 'interpol' is captured and forced to do a wire tap on the main yo boy, despite his phone being way out of coverage, and they discover the stash house is an old stone shepherd's hut inhabited by a ghostly character called bubbles. they press a big button inside the stash house and the plane rematerialises with bunk's face on the front of it.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:50 pm

I vote for vandervalk :bowdown
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:51 pm

I vote for 24 and BoB, even though BoB isn't an actual series, it's still bloody entertaining stuff. And BTW, Joe, there is a second series of sorts for BoB. It's called The Pacific, and it should be airing very soon.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:52 pm

LOST
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:00 pm

Emerald Red wrote:I vote for 24 and BoB, even though BoB isn't an actual series, it's still bloody entertaining stuff. And BTW, Joe, there is a second series of sorts for BoB. It's called The Pacific, and it should be airing very soon.

The Pacific is a World War II television drama mini-series, produced by HBO, which is currently in development. It may be similar, although unrelated, to Band of Brothers. Whereas Band of Brothers focused on United States involvement in the European Theater of Operations, the new series will be about the Pacific Theater of Operations.

The Pacific is being spearheaded by Bruce McKenna, who was one of the main writers on Band of Brothers. Hugh Ambrose, the son of Band of Brothers author Stephen Ambrose, will serve as a project consultant.

The approximately $250,000,000 budget comes entirely from DVD sales of the Band of Brothers miniseries
JoeTerp

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:19 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:I vote for 24 and BoB, even though BoB isn't an actual series, it's still bloody entertaining stuff. And BTW, Joe, there is a second series of sorts for BoB. It's called The Pacific, and it should be airing very soon.

The Pacific is a World War II television drama mini-series, produced by HBO, which is currently in development. It may be similar, although unrelated, to Band of Brothers. Whereas Band of Brothers focused on United States involvement in the European Theater of Operations, the new series will be about the Pacific Theater of Operations.

The Pacific is being spearheaded by Bruce McKenna, who was one of the main writers on Band of Brothers. Hugh Ambrose, the son of Band of Brothers author Stephen Ambrose, will serve as a project consultant.

The approximately $250,000,000 budget comes entirely from DVD sales of the Band of Brothers miniseries

Yeah, but it'll more or less follow the same formula as BoB. Probably have the same look and feel to it too, more or less making it a continuation, which it was after the war in Europe. Either way, if it's as good as the latter, then it's gonna be some very fine TV viewing, I think you'll agree. Shame some of the characters from BoB won't be in it, because Winters (Damian Lewis) stated at the end of the series that he would be deploying himself over in the Pacific and his mate Nixon (Ron Livingston) would be joining him. Would have been good to see those two back in it.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:24 pm

Well, check it out here, sounds like it could be pretty cool

the Pacific
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:22 pm

Emerald Red wrote:[

Yeah, but it'll more or less follow the same formula as BoB. Probably have the same look and feel to it too, more or less making it a continuation, which it was after the war in Europe. Either way, if it's as good as the latter, then it's gonna be some very fine TV viewing, I think you'll agree. Shame some of the characters from BoB won't be in it, because Winters (Damian Lewis) stated at the end of the series that he would be deploying himself over in the Pacific and his mate Nixon (Ron Livingston) would be joining him. Would have been good to see those two back in it.[/quote]
BoB is based on the book BoB byStephen Ambrose and it tells you what happened to some of the characters after the war.  Winters etc cant go to the Pacific as it didnt happen in real life and the series BoB is very close to real life events.  If your interested in BoB check out the web site of David Kenyon Webster who wrote a book about his accounts in BoB and Ambrose relied a lot on this book.

Stephen Ambrose is very pro American and there is to this day a divide between American and British Historians although his first book in this style was Pegasus Bridge about the British Paratroops and Glider divisions.

Easy company had an amazing story so the series was bound to be good but as usual books and some further research inevitably prove to be more intersting and I recommend Band of Brothers the book.  Mind you the series got me into the book and subsequently his other books as well.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:08 pm

Have we a winner in this yet?
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:54 pm

yeah, results are in...

The West Wing won
Twin Peaks second
24 third
Burn Notice 4th