What is the best drama on tv? - We need to decide

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:21 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
s@int wrote:I can't believe NCIS got knocked out so early, has no one got any taste!

Never watched it, TBPH.  Is it significantly different from the million other crime procedurals that CBS airs these days?  Not that I don't love my crime procedurals (CSI, Criminal Minds, Numbers, The Mentalist, Without a Trace...all worth a watch) it's just that I don't go out of my way to watch them week in, week out.

Its very different Bob, people think because NCIS has a similar name to CSI that it will be similar...... its not! Its about spys, murder, robberies, assasinations etc etc. While there is a crime lab and they do use forensic science, mostly they are out chasing down the bad guys rather than concentrating on forensics.

Plus it has a very fit young lady who looks up for anything. Its also quite funny and they seem to have a good chemistry between the main characters.

Worth a watch mate.
account deleted by request

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:23 pm

dawson99 wrote:BSG, as soon as I saw the guy is now a gal and the cyborgs are fit I gave up.

Bad call.  The original BSG was fun in a campy, schlocky way but the new version blows it out of the water.  Some of the edgiest sci fi I've seen.

Hmmm, but you rate West Wing and Buffy, which means we share some viewing tastes in common.  I'll have to revise my "watch what Dawson hates" policy. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:25 pm

s@int wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
s@int wrote:I can't believe NCIS got knocked out so early, has no one got any taste!

Never watched it, TBPH.  Is it significantly different from the million other crime procedurals that CBS airs these days?  Not that I don't love my crime procedurals (CSI, Criminal Minds, Numbers, The Mentalist, Without a Trace...all worth a watch) it's just that I don't go out of my way to watch them week in, week out.

Its very different Bob, people think because NCIS has a similar name to CSI that it will be similar...... its not! Its about spys, murder, robberies, assasinations etc etc. While there is a crime lab and they do use forensic science, mostly they are out chasing down the bad guys rather than concentrating on forensics.

Plus it has a very fit young lady who looks up for anything. Its also quite funny and they seem to have a good chemistry between the main characters.

Worth a watch mate.

Spies and fit ladies, eh?  That got my attention! :nod  I'll try and catch an episode or two and see if it's my thing.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby dawson99 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:30 pm

...and I got s@int into NCIS :D
Firefly also genius so Dollhouse had betetr rock, if it stays being made and dont get cancelled
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:34 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
dawson99 wrote:BSG, as soon as I saw the guy is now a gal and the cyborgs are fit I gave up.

Bad call.  The original BSG was fun in a campy, schlocky way but the new version blows it out of the water.  Some of the edgiest sci fi I've seen.

Watched some of the "new" BSG but got couldn't keep track of half the plots and sub plots, who was a zylon (?) and who wasn't, who's the camp cult leader and what's his case, and when the zylons(?) started to attack each other but none died, I finally gave up  :p

:D
Last edited by woof woof ! on Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:34 pm

dawson99 wrote:...and I got s@int into NCIS :D
Firefly also genius so Dollhouse had betetr rock, if it stays being made and dont get cancelled

Firefly was genius.  :buttrock  Okay, this is getting spooky now!  :Oo:  :D

BTW, I've just had a look into this Burn Notice show and see that Tricia Helfer's involved.  Why was I not informed?  And why hasn't a Canadian station picked this show up yet?  :angry:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:35 pm

Eli Stone is cr@p.

Good shout at The Mentalist Bob, I like that a lot too.
JoeTerp

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:37 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

Watched some of the "new" BSG but got couldn't keep track of half the plots and sub plots, who was a zylon (?) and who wasn't, who's the camp cult leader and when the zylons(?) started to attack each other but none died, I finally gave up  :p

:D

You've got to watch it from the beginning, mate.  There are only 12 copies of the "skin job" Cylons, they only show you the first 6 or so for a long time, and two of them are fit as fook, so it's not that hard to keep track!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundalk » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:38 pm

Nerds  :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:38 pm

JoeTerp wrote:Eli Stone is cr@p.

Good shout at The Mentalist Bob, I like that a lot too.

I couldn't get into Fringe at all so I switched over to that.  Not "appointment tv" or anything like that but an enjoyable hour of television nonetheless.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:43 pm

Dundalk wrote:Nerds  :D

Don't knock the sci-fi, mate, there's plenty to enjoy! :D

Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby dawson99 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:45 pm

Eli Stone has been brilliant, anyone been watching Life as well? The American cop show with the guy from Band of Brothers?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:47 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Nerds  :D

Don't knock the sci-fi, mate, there's plenty to enjoy! :D

Fit Birds part iii  :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:51 pm

firefly and buffy, awesome!