New Election
33%

Total votes : 18

Postby Boocity » Mon May 10, 2010 2:03 pm

Just wondered what everyone thinks wouyld be the best option at the moment
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon May 10, 2010 2:06 pm

I would go for the Tory/Lib Dem coalition, it needs the buy in of more than one party to get us out of this mess.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 10, 2010 2:30 pm

Labour lost, majority dont want them, if they do some kind of coalition there will be murder!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon May 10, 2010 2:51 pm

Labour lost so I don't see the logic in them having a coalition, has to be Tory/Lib Dem

This Parliaments about as well hung as me at the minute
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 10, 2010 2:56 pm

As much as I dislike Gordon Brown, he's got all the charisma of a wart on a slugs a'se I REALLY don't want the country led by Cameron, I've met estate agents that exude more sincerity.

Labour/Lib Dem coalition for me.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Mon May 10, 2010 2:59 pm

if the tories or a lab/libdem coalition forms a minority government there will have to be another general election in a few months time. that might just give labour time to give brown the boot, get a new leader in and repair enough damage to give them a proper majority in a new elected government.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon May 10, 2010 3:06 pm

dawson99 wrote:Labour lost, majority dont want them, if they do some kind of coalition there will be murder!!!

The majority didn't want the Tories either mate , that's why we have a hung parliment  :eyebrow

Anyway i've voted for a liblabsnpdupplaidcymru government . Get PR in,another general election and coalition governments all the time then . Make the feckin politicians earn there crust by working together for he good of the country .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 10, 2010 3:19 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
dawson99 wrote:Labour lost, majority dont want them, if they do some kind of coalition there will be murder!!!

The majority didn't want the Tories either mate , that's why we have a hung parliment  :eyebrow

Anyway i've voted for a liblabsnpdupplaidcymru government . Get PR in,another general election and coalition governments all the time then . Make the feckin politicians earn there crust by working together for he good of the country .

umm, no, the majority of people DID want the tories,
but not enough for parliament or soemthing... i dunno. Labour suck tho, they lost, be gracious Brown and F*ck off
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon May 10, 2010 3:23 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:

Bloody hell Igor a liblabsnpdupplaidcymru coalition would be a nightmare, nothing would get done, PC, the SNP and the DUP would just be out for themselves and us poor mugs in England would suffer
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 10, 2010 3:31 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:

but not enough for parliament or soemthing... i dunno. Labour suck tho, they lost, be gracious Brown and F*ck off

Daws, according the news mate. Brown is doing the right/expected thing by staying where he is until a new gov't is formally recognised.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Greavesie » Mon May 10, 2010 3:32 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:

I've had this argument with my house mates.

They interpreted majority to mean more than half whereas I interpreted majority to mean more than most

Depends if you think it should be an absolute majority or overall majority. Personally, I'm inclined to agree with Dawson's interpretation, though that isn't how the election works

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 10, 2010 3:34 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:

Daws, according the news mate. Brown is doing the right/expected thing by staying where he is until a new gov't is formally recognised.

Woof, hes digging his feet in and refusing to move. Its a farce. We got Darling in Europe making all these decisions when he might be sacked tomorrow...

youd think theyd think this through alittle better, absolute scum mps are. just wanna get as much money as possible doing as little as possible
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon May 10, 2010 3:36 pm

Greavesie wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:

I've had this argument with my house mates.

They interpreted majority to mean more than half whereas I interpreted majority to mean more than most

Depends if you think it should be an absolute majority or overall majority. Personally, I'm inclined to agree with Dawson's interpretation, though that isn't how the election works

I agree, I go with dawsons interpretation as well.

China goes for an absolute majority, 99.9% vote for the comunists  :D
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon May 10, 2010 3:37 pm

after a long night, the position of prime minister the morning after has come down to Brown claiming squatters rights, even though he was never elected to live there in the 1st place. who said democracy doesn't work? :D

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 10, 2010 3:39 pm

Greavesie wrote:after a long night, the position of prime minister the morning after has come down to Brown claiming squatters rights, even though he was never elected to live there in the 1st place. who said democracy doesn't work? :D

:laugh: , would f'uckin love it if they had to get the Baliffs round to remove him   :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to General Chat Forum