11%
Labour/Lib Dem/SNP/DUP Coalition
22%
New Election
33%

Total votes : 18

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed May 12, 2010 4:05 pm

roberto green wrote:
Greavesie wrote:I have to say that everyone who is against the conservatives seem to revel in pointing out the 80s as a reason to not vote for them. The way I see it is that GB has fecked us up to no end.

A lot of those who want rafa out simply know he's not good enough and want rid, same with Brown, just because the new PM might be a w@nker or whatever isn't a good enough reason to not embrace change IMO. A lot of the Labour fans have really spat thier dummy out about this one, quite frankly I find it cringeworthy. All the Cameron is a tw@t comments and things that are being said are just childish, we NEEDED change (I'm going off more than the forum btw, FWIW this place has been rather mature about is), whether its a good or a bad thing we'll soon see.

I like how the Tories get accused of stereotyping Northeners yet that's exactly what Labour fans do to the Tories - rich, selfish, private school etc

Those who are bashing democracy and all that as a result of Cameron being PM wouldnt back a fooking eyelid about it if Brown was still in charge

I'm done with politics now, it causes sooooo much trouble its ridiculous, lets face it it's a world where you can smell the food but not touch the silverware

end of the day, Gordon Brown was about as much use as Anne Frank's drum kit

Don't worry mate when George Osbourne and Cameron and his boyfriend sends us into a double recession with big cuts and :censored: our economy up I think everyone will be saying Brown didn't do to bad after all

Are you an actual div?

How on earth are spending cuts going to cause another recession.

Key to recovering from recession - Reduce debt. Guess what?

Save money, pay off debt = reduced debt.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed May 12, 2010 4:21 pm

roberto green wrote:
Greavesie wrote:I have to say that everyone who is against the conservatives seem to revel in pointing out the 80s as a reason to not vote for them. The way I see it is that GB has fecked us up to no end.

A lot of those who want rafa out simply know he's not good enough and want rid, same with Brown, just because the new PM might be a w@nker or whatever isn't a good enough reason to not embrace change IMO. A lot of the Labour fans have really spat thier dummy out about this one, quite frankly I find it cringeworthy. All the Cameron is a tw@t comments and things that are being said are just childish, we NEEDED change (I'm going off more than the forum btw, FWIW this place has been rather mature about is), whether its a good or a bad thing we'll soon see.

I like how the Tories get accused of stereotyping Northeners yet that's exactly what Labour fans do to the Tories - rich, selfish, private school etc

Those who are bashing democracy and all that as a result of Cameron being PM wouldnt back a fooking eyelid about it if Brown was still in charge

I'm done with politics now, it causes sooooo much trouble its ridiculous, lets face it it's a world where you can smell the food but not touch the silverware

Don't worry mate when George Osbourne and Cameron and his boyfriend sends us into a double recession with big cuts and :censored: our economy up I think everyone will be saying Brown didn't do to bad after all

I really do not understand why labour supporters are in such denial. How can be so aware of the financial situation our club is in and know that it is T&T who have caused it, yet when it comes to the financial mess the country's in you are in complete denial.

Allow me to explain it in simple language

Lets say you have a good job, with overtime earn good money, credit is cheap and you continue to use lots of this cheap credit to spend on all the things you ever wanted. this is no problem because your income is still greater than your out goings but your not saving anything for a rainy day because the good time will remain and you dont worry about the future. Then all of sudden this nasty old recession comes from somewhere else and your overtime stops and you start struggling to pay the bills, so guess what you borrow more and get into a viscious circle until the credit starts to dry up and you cant borrow any more and you cant pay your debts, oh dear your bankrupt.

Well that just sums up the last 13 years of Gordon Brown, as Chancellor and as the PM. Gordon, Bliar and Labour are the reason we are in this mess and you should get your heads out of the sand and face up to reality. The New Labour spin is over and the experiment has failed miserably.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed May 12, 2010 5:01 pm

roberto green wrote:

When would you make the cuts or do you think the UK can continue to borrow to finance your current living standards?

I assume you are aware the cost of UK borrowing has increased over the last couple of years? every penny of interest on this increasing debt that has to be paid is money lost for Britain.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Wed May 12, 2010 5:13 pm

LFC2007 wrote:There's an army of Lakes's spreading their ridiculous nonsense across the airwaves, beware.

:D
An army of Lakes's!! :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed May 12, 2010 7:56 pm

Number 9 wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:There's an army of Lakes's spreading their ridiculous nonsense across the airwaves, beware.

:D
An army of Lakes's!! :laugh:

PMSL  just posted that my mate has been moved to Politics at the BBC.

I can tell you that the Lib/Con pact is already having a few problems, some Tory MP's are thinking of  standing down, 3 have said they might even move to Lab.

oh and he also said  he is :censored: cold sitting n a van with a cup of tea in London.
Last edited by lakes10 on Wed May 12, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed May 12, 2010 8:06 pm

lakes10 wrote:some Tory MP's are thinking of  standing down, 3 have said they might even move to Lab.

:laugh:  :laugh:

Your so funny

Tory MP's who did not like this would be on the right of the party and would never move to labour.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed May 12, 2010 8:27 pm

Boocity wrote:
lakes10 wrote:some Tory MP's are thinking of  standing down, 3 have said they might even move to Lab.

Your so funny

Tory MP's who did not like this would be on the right of the party and would never move to labour.

Happens a lot at local level.
well in my area.

had a member leave the Con today to join a new Independent Conservative.

Dear Cllrs

It is with great sadness and regret that I have to inform you that I have decided to resign the Conservative Group Whip. It is my intention to form an alliance and Group with my Independent Conservative colleague, Cllr Ann Cheale. Likewise it is my intention to sit as an Independent Conservative Councillor.

I have arrived at this decision as a consequence of what I perceive to be a total lack of backing and support over recent months by Cllr Garry Hague in my previous role as the Chair of Planning Committee .

Cllr S St. Clair-Haslam
www.yourthurrock.com.

only last year the leaderof the Cons left you joinf lab.

Thurrock Council leader Terry Hipsey quits to join Labour

THE Tory leader of Thurrock Council has resigned and joined the Labour party.

Councillor Terry Hipsey told a stunned full council meeting that he was resigning as leader of the Conservatives and joining the opposition.

The meeting was immediately adjourned, while discussions about a new leader were held.

In a statement Labour’s newest councillor said: “I have resigned as leader of Thurrock Council, and have left the Conservative party to become a Labour councillor. This last week has shown some of the worst examples of David Cameron’s attempt to respond to the recession.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news...._Labour
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed May 12, 2010 8:32 pm

Boocity wrote:Tory MP's who did not like this would be on the right of the party and would never move to labour.

well if they are that unhappy , i would taske it they would do anything to :censored: the others off.

In my own view i can not see this working and soon members will leave....they might be Lib Dem that leave.

What i did see was the arm grab by clegg as he shook hands, Can then as fast as he could crabed cleggs other arm, but this was out of sight of the press, so all the press could see was clegg doing the hand shake and arm grab.....this is saying " i am stronger than you"

what this would yell Cam is not to trust clegg as he is trying very hard to make me feel that i can trust him.

Last edited by lakes10 on Wed May 12, 2010 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed May 12, 2010 8:38 pm

I know people change parties but what I was saying was a right wing tory would not join Labour, would either go independant or UKIP.

There must be something badly wrong in you local Conservative party if people are leaving like that.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed May 12, 2010 8:47 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Boocity wrote:

Your so funny

Happens a lot at local level.
well in my area.

had a member leave the Con today to join a new Independent Conservative.

Dear Cllrs

It is with great sadness and regret that I have to inform you that I have decided to resign the Conservative Group Whip. It is my intention to form an alliance and Group with my Independent Conservative colleague, Cllr Ann Cheale. Likewise it is my intention to sit as an Independent Conservative Councillor.

I have arrived at this decision as a consequence of what I perceive to be a total lack of backing and support over recent months by Cllr Garry Hague in my previous role as the Chair of Planning Committee .

Cllr S St. Clair-Haslam
www.yourthurrock.com.

only last year the leaderof the Cons left you joinf lab.

Thurrock Council leader Terry Hipsey quits to join Labour

THE Tory leader of Thurrock Council has resigned and joined the Labour party.

Councillor Terry Hipsey told a stunned full council meeting that he was resigning as leader of the Conservatives and joining the opposition.

The meeting was immediately adjourned, while discussions about a new leader were held.

In a statement Labour’s newest councillor said: “I have resigned as leader of Thurrock Council, and have left the Conservative party to become a Labour councillor. This last week has shown some of the worst examples of David Cameron’s attempt to respond to the recession.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news...._Labour

We had one round our way, went against the Tory candidate and backed the Lib Dem. Mind you he was a prat and mixed up with the expenses thing, thats why I don't want PR so you know who you is going to represent you.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed May 12, 2010 8:47 pm

Boocity wrote:There must be something badly wrong in you local Conservative party if people are leaving like that.

not wrong there mate, they got in by 92 votes in the GA and only just got in by one ward in the loacl......that was given up today.

most of it strated when the loacl Cons paid around £400k for someone to come in and tell them they are spending too much money and needed to cut back......so the they then made a local Gov newspaper that gost over 1mil to tell us they were going to make cuts to save money...........?

and they still got in pmsl.

No lie mate but i have been asked to stand in my loacl area for Lab, my dads mate was the local Lab leader but lost it last year to a 19year old con. no one saw him as he was at uni.

not made my mind up yet.

I am well known in my area due to the work i do in mental health....and posting on this site if good traning for all the stick i would get lol

but in truth i dont know if i have the time to do it.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum