33%

Total votes : 18

Postby NANNY RED » Tue May 11, 2010 10:51 pm

Big Niall wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Welcome back to these days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2inSqo3Q3c&feature=related

Lest people forget :(

Get over it!

It is stupid to vote for the same party for all eternity.

Are you for fecking real get over it , them basta.rds destroyed my city and thousands of people lives, sOME PEOPLE NEVER RECOVERD FROM WHAT THEY DID AN YET ILL GET OVER IT, YEH RIGHT I Hate everything that they stand for, Im in a confortable position finacialy but have worked my ar.se off to get that way for the futureof my kids , But i cant change my political views . you just cant change your political views to suit your mood, its what you are ,its who you are , Simple
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue May 11, 2010 11:23 pm

the way I see it is that we couldnt continue the way we were, change was needed
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Kharhaz » Tue May 11, 2010 11:27 pm

What I cant get my head around is how a party who finished way behind in 3rd place, gets to have such an influence. The leader is now deputy pm ! :laugh:

Which I guess makes it official, this country is a joke.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue May 11, 2010 11:28 pm

What I cant get my head around is how a party who finished way behind in 3rd place, gets to have such an influence. The leader is now deputy pm ! :laugh:

Lib Dems have always had this much power when its a hung Parliament havent they? Not that I can justify why anyway

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby LFC2007 » Wed May 12, 2010 12:34 am

It's not necessarily a bad outcome for Labour in the long-run. Certainly compared with a year ago this looks like a serious result for them in many ways. The Tories have to make this coalition work in difficult political and economic circumstances and in the meantime, it's essential Labour select the right leader. I know some will say "it doesn't matter, they're all c...ts" and while many may well be c...ts, it's not a very constructive way of looking at it. I think they'd do well to go for David Miliband. Harriet harman/Ed Balls/Ed Milliband and they can completely forget about it, IMO.
LFC2007

Postby Greavesie » Wed May 12, 2010 12:37 am

Is it not Harriet Harman they've opted for?, I'm sure I heard her name in the report somewhere ???

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Wed May 12, 2010 12:39 am

Big Niall wrote:i think it is great that a new government has been formed and one with a reasonable majority. It is common for parties with many differences to work together in government and these two represent about 60% of the British electorate.

I am also happy the Tories are in power, I despise tax and spend parties, I deserve my money and shouldn't have to give it to somebody less successful.

The markets will like this too, I bet the cost of UK borrowing will drop which means less interest repayments. They have massive cuts to make now to make up for the squander of the labour party. I just hope that come next election people are educated enough to realise the reason the Tories made the cuts aren't because they are evil (as the simple people claim) but because Labour let spending get out of control.

before you start blowing bubbles out ya ar$e the Tories that you seem to love aint in power. what we have now is a party so desperate to be back that they`ll do and say anything to get it, if you believe all this :censored: about whats best for the country then your a biggerr mug than ive already took you for.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby LFC2007 » Wed May 12, 2010 12:39 am

Greavesie wrote:Is it not Harriet Harman they've opted for?, I'm sure I heard her name in the report somewhere ???

Caretaker leader. There'll be a leadership contest soon enough and they'll have a new leader in place for their Autumn party conference.
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Wed May 12, 2010 1:12 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Interestingly on the radio (5Live) this morning they made the point that the last government to stranglehold power in an election over the majority party (and in effect the nations wishes) and form a minority government was Robert Mugabe.

Interestingly?  ???  It's not even accurate, even less relevant or comparable to the situation we find ourselves in. There's an army of Lakes's spreading their ridiculous nonsense across the airwaves, beware.

And on the point of unemployment. The unemployment rate (as with relative income inequality) was substantially higher throughout the 1980s than at any time under New Labour.
LFC2007

Postby roberto green » Wed May 12, 2010 5:39 am

Big Niall wrote:i think it is great that a new government has been formed and one with a reasonable majority. It is common for parties with many differences to work together in government and these two represent about 60% of the British electorate.

I think you will find if the portion of the Lib support knew they would be voting in the Tories they wouldn't of voted lib so wait to the next election when they will vote Labour and lose even more votes than they got this time.Non of this government are @rsed about our country more about personal status
roberto green

Postby roberto green » Wed May 12, 2010 5:40 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Big Niall wrote:

Get over it!

Are you for fecking real get over it , them basta.rds destroyed my city and thousands of people lives, sOME PEOPLE NEVER RECOVERD FROM WHAT THEY DID AN YET ILL GET OVER IT, YEH RIGHT I Hate everything that they stand for, Im in a confortable position finacialy but have worked my ar.se off to get that way for the futureof my kids , But i cant change my political views . you just cant change your political views to suit your mood, its what you are ,its who you are , Simple

Well said Nan

:bowdown
roberto green

Postby Boocity » Wed May 12, 2010 10:53 am

roberto green wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
Big Niall wrote:

Get over it!

Well said Nan

:bowdown

Nanny, although I respect your political views I do agree with Naill that we have move forward. This is not a Thatcherite administration so they should be allowed the chance. Yes, Liverpool suffered during the 80's, so did I. I lost my job in the docks and set off to get a new job elsewhere. Liverpool has recovered and is now a vibrant city.

Other areas will think the same as you do but about Labour, what about the lives of the people who have been destroyed losing loved ones in Iraq and Afgahnistan. Look at the mess this country is in financially we needed change lets give it a chance.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed May 12, 2010 1:22 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Big Niall wrote:

Get over it!

Your so wrong on so many levels. The "North" was a victim of one Conservative party leader and some of her policies.

Your acting like complete imbecile. Thatcherism was 30 years ago, you're not in your mid 30s anymore.

Both Labour and Conservative policies are completely different from the 70s.

Here's a tip - Move on, stop living in the past.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Wed May 12, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed May 12, 2010 1:46 pm

I have to say that everyone who is against the conservatives seem to revel in pointing out the 80s as a reason to not vote for them. The way I see it is that GB has fecked us up to no end.

A lot of those who want rafa out simply know he's not good enough and want rid, same with Brown, just because the new PM might be a w@nker or whatever isn't a good enough reason to not embrace change IMO. A lot of the Labour fans have really spat thier dummy out about this one, quite frankly I find it cringeworthy. All the Cameron is a tw@t comments and things that are being said are just childish, we NEEDED change (I'm going off more than the forum btw, FWIW this place has been rather mature about is), whether its a good or a bad thing we'll soon see.

I like how the Tories get accused of stereotyping Northeners yet that's exactly what Labour fans do to the Tories - rich, selfish, private school etc

Those who are bashing democracy and all that as a result of Cameron being PM wouldnt back a fooking eyelid about it if Brown was still in charge

I'm done with politics now, it causes sooooo much trouble its ridiculous, lets face it it's a world where you can smell the food but not touch the silverware

end of the day, Gordon Brown was about as much use as Anne Frank's drum kit

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby roberto green » Wed May 12, 2010 3:53 pm

Greavesie wrote:I have to say that everyone who is against the conservatives seem to revel in pointing out the 80s as a reason to not vote for them. The way I see it is that GB has fecked us up to no end.

A lot of those who want rafa out simply know he's not good enough and want rid, same with Brown, just because the new PM might be a w@nker or whatever isn't a good enough reason to not embrace change IMO. A lot of the Labour fans have really spat thier dummy out about this one, quite frankly I find it cringeworthy. All the Cameron is a tw@t comments and things that are being said are just childish, we NEEDED change (I'm going off more than the forum btw, FWIW this place has been rather mature about is), whether its a good or a bad thing we'll soon see.

I like how the Tories get accused of stereotyping Northeners yet that's exactly what Labour fans do to the Tories - rich, selfish, private school etc

Those who are bashing democracy and all that as a result of Cameron being PM wouldnt back a fooking eyelid about it if Brown was still in charge

I'm done with politics now, it causes sooooo much trouble its ridiculous, lets face it it's a world where you can smell the food but not touch the silverware

end of the day, Gordon Brown was about as much use as Anne Frank's drum kit

Don't worry mate when George Osbourne and Cameron and his boyfriend sends us into a double recession with big cuts and :censored: our economy up I think everyone will be saying Brown didn't do to bad after all
roberto green

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum