What a load of baubels - Xmas cheer

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:55 pm

OK, I despair!

Driving home last night and I turn up a street and there was a house all trimmed up and lit up with xmas decs. We're talking neon snowflakes, plastic snowmen and a chuffing lit up santa climbing up the wall. What the ?

IT'S NOVEMBER ffs.

Anyone here dec'd up yet?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:02 pm

:D , Naw mate but the missus has been nagging me to make a start. Got me own way last year and didn't put up a single baubel or piece of tinsel and neither did she , thought we'd outbluff each other into making the other sort it out. Xmas came and went without a decoration in sight , miserable B'stards that we are, on the bright side we didn't have to take anything down  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:09 pm

well we aint got kids so we'll put ours up on 20th december and they'll be down on 1st Jan.

cant be ar$ed with it all tbh. This year though I have got my own way on xmas day though, we're having shepherds pie. :D
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:14 pm

Lee J wrote:OK, I despair!

Driving home last night and I turn up a street and there was a house all trimmed up and lit up with xmas decs. We're talking neon snowflakes, plastic snowmen and a chuffing lit up santa climbing up the wall. What the ?

IT'S NOVEMBER ffs.

Was driving through Norris Green about 3 weeks ago and someones deccies were up.I kid you not . :no
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:34 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Lee J wrote:OK, I despair!

IT'S NOVEMBER ffs.

Was driving through Norris Green about 3 weeks ago and someones deccies were up.I kid you not . :no

3 weeks ago? as in around the 5 november??

thats gotta take the record.

jeez  :no
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:46 pm

No true decorations but the city's had the Christmas wreaths up on lamp posts for a couple of weeks and the shops have been blaring the holiday music since Halloween.  I tell ya, the Yanks have the right idea with Thanksgiving at the end of November...keeps the Christmas nonsense confined to December anyway.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:52 pm

Make a start this weekend...
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:17 pm

Ive been warned that I better not be putting any trees up miserable b@stard, hes in for a shock  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:21 pm

Now I am back at home I have to put up the decorations going up on my Dads birthday, 27th November ???
destro

Postby kazza 1 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:34 pm

There was a lady in the estate I live in always put hers up the day after Halloween. But she passed away earlier this year. But the Christmas trees seem to going up rightly now.
I always put mine up on the last Saturday in November. But not this year. The other half went out today and bought a 42" telly and its in the corner I usually put my tree up in. Hopefully the telly goes up on the wall on Sunday so I'll put mine up on Sunday night!!!!
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:30 am

Most people seem more concerned about all the nonsensical bollox that surrounds Christmas than the actual reason why the holiday exists in the first place. It's a f*cking joke and a disgrace that it's that way. I've become so disenchanted with the whole charade now that I simply wish it would just quickly come and then f*ck off again. Some clowns need to be told that Christmas last a week and not 2 f*cking months. I swear, if Halloween were not there in October, it would all start well before November and that's a fact.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:47 am

Emerald Red wrote:Most people seem more concerned about all the nonsensical bollox that surrounds Christmas than the actual reason why the holiday exists in the first place. It's a f*cking joke and a disgrace that it's that way. I've become so disenchanted with the whole charade now that I simply wish it would just quickly come and then f*ck off again. Some clowns need to be told that Christmas last a week and not 2 f*cking months. I swear, if Halloween were not there in October, it would all start well before November and that's a fact.

Actually the whole christmas thing is a joke (isnt it funny? the older we get the more we sound like our granddad). Anyway, shouldnt it be a case of if you believe in religion then by all means celebrate, but if you dont then ....well.... dont ! And this is what christmas is. Its either a religious event or a franchise. I also find it amusing how my kids dont believe in santa but tell them they are getting sod all for xmas then teary eyes and "no saint nick?" bloody kids !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:06 am

Kharhaz wrote:Anyway, shouldnt it be a case of if you believe in religion then by all means celebrate, but if you dont then ....well.... dont ! And this is what christmas is.

spot on mate. This is the reason I dont bother with it. I do not believe in any religion so I feel I shouldn't celebrate it. Maybe if i had kids I'd make an effort for the kids but until then...  fk xmas.
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:10 am

i try to have as little to do with it has possible. my perfect christmas is to escape with my loved one/s to a little house in the middle of nowhere. get loads of food and drink in, get the fire lit and ignore the rest of the world. i rarely buy people presents and don't expect to receive any either.

i'm a right miserable kunt

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:10 am

Lee J wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:Anyway, shouldnt it be a case of if you believe in religion then by all means celebrate, but if you dont then ....well.... dont ! And this is what christmas is.

spot on mate. This is the reason I dont bother with it. I do not believe in any religion so I feel I shouldn't celebrate it. Maybe if i had kids I'd make an effort for the kids but until then...  fk xmas.

Mingebag :D   Bahhhh humbug
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum