What a load of baubels - Xmas cheer

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Judge » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:29 pm

do you still have your renault megane tho?
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:20 pm

JBG wrote:The last time we faced such a miserable Xmas (financially) Liverpool were winning leagues! :blues:

:oh:   :nod
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:45 pm

faith....strong belief without proof(english dictionary)
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:47 pm

love....I am not in a position to show an physical evidence because I don't use a webcam, but it exists.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:48 pm

father xmas exists...I saw him
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:58 pm

Judge wrote:do you still have your renault megane tho?

Still have it as a second car, drive a Golf 1.6 these days.

Never ever buying a French car again.

In fairness I never really had much trouble with it mechanically but its almost four years old now and the electrics have been playing up left right and centre (e.g. the windows and automatic wipers) and everything inside is starting to rattle.

Not a bad car to drive but never liked the transmission which was "sticky" from day one and often reverse never quite "catches".

In many ways the Meganne is more fun to drive than the Golf (if you don't believe me, watch an old episode of Top Gear in which they compared the two) but the Golf is just rock solid and the 1.6 engine really helps with overtaking (although it can take a while to get up to speed, once the juice starts coming its impressive).

Strangely the Megane is more powerful in lower gears but the Golf eats it for breakfast in fifth.

I'm thinking of trading in the Meganne next year and getting a Passat as a family car as theres a little JBG on the way.  :pirate
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Judge » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:15 pm

congrats to you and the missus on your forthcoming addition to the JBG household :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:18 pm

Arrrgghhh tis always good to have another shipmate aboard .  :pirate

JBG'S been spliceing the main brace , bob will be so proud  :pirate
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:27 pm

too the future!
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Bam » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:28 pm

I really wish people would refrain from replacing Christ's name in the word Christmas, after all, it's his day and it's what it's all about. People may think it's nothing, but it really is offensive to replace his name with an X.

OMG are you being pedantic for the sake of it, in the mumbai thread you said you're not really bothered by the news that 146 people are dead and 300 injured. Yet you wish people to refrian from using the X in mas instead of Christ.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:51 pm

Bam wrote:
I really wish people would refrain from replacing Christ's name in the word Christmas, after all, it's his day and it's what it's all about. People may think it's nothing, but it really is offensive to replace his name with an X.

OMG are you being pedantic for the sake of it, in the mumbai thread you said you're not really bothered by the news that 146 people are dead and 300 injured. Yet you wish people to refrian from using the X in mas instead of Christ.

There's a distinct difference. I don't watch the news, because I haven't been watching TV. I've too many personal things going on with myself to give a flying f*ck about the news, because every time you turn the news on, it's just bad. When someone deliberately marks out the name of the man whom my religion is based on, and whom the very reason why the holiday exists in the first place, I find that very disrespectful and offensive and I will have something to say about it. I don't read papers. I don't watch the news, however I do read these forums and that was first at hand before I knew anything about those attacks. Check the dates on the posts seeing we're talking about being pedantic here if you wish.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:15 pm

3000 years of evidence - load of baubels. the evidence has been changed and tampered with over the centuries, bits of the bible have been re-written so , i dont believe that  evidence stands firm.

anyway, each to their own. have fun and be happy.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:44 pm

Lee J wrote:3000 years of evidence - load of baubels. the evidence has been changed and tampered with over the centuries, bits of the bible have been re-written so , i dont believe that  evidence stands firm.

anyway, each to their own. have fun and be happy.

Of course the Bible has been altered through the course of time. Regardless, that still does not matter. The message of the book remained constant to the word that Jesus spoke. The Dead Sea Scrolls, said to be the oldest documentation that go as far back as 200 years before Christ and after, are proof enough of events stretching as far back to that time. Not myth, but a scientific fact. There was a man alive during that period that went by the name of Jesus, and his significance then changed the face of the planet of the modern world and society as we know it. People are too quick to dismiss that such people existed, when all you need to do is open your eyes and look around you. Like it or not, religions are one of the main reasons why the world is shaped the way it is, be it for good or bad, society was built upon it.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:08 pm

supersub wrote:too the future!

:laugh:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby peterc1992 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:15 am

sorta ruins it when things are put up too early...people start listening to christmas songs too early and watching chrismas movies and by the time the time christmas week comes up your sick of it...il get into teh spirit around the 6th when christmas really starts and i love it..
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum