What a load of baubels - Xmas cheer

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby kazza 1 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:27 am

I'm not a religous person but I do believe in "God", in a way. But thats not why I celebrate Christmas. My mum brought me up to believe that Christmas was a time for good cheer and forgiveness. Its a time for families and close friends to get together and share that good cheer, lol. For me its not about the price of the present but the thought behind it. I listen to family talk about what they would like and always check to see if they have bought it, if not I would try to get them whatever it was for Christmas. I love the dark nights and the week running up to Christmas, when everyone seems to be in good form. I dont have any little kids. My son is 20 and I still up a Christmas stocking for him, lol!!!
Christmas is what you make it. Love it or hate it, its a yearly thing thats not going to go away in a hurry!!!!
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:54 pm

andy_g wrote:i try to have as little to do with it has possible. my perfect christmas is to escape with my loved one/s to a little house in the middle of nowhere. get loads of food and drink in, get the fire lit and ignore the rest of the world. i rarely buy people presents and don't expect to receive any either.

i'm a right miserable kunt

:D

A couple of Xmas's me and the missus have told everyone we're going away, then, unplugged the phone, moved the bed into the lounge, surrounded ourselves with all the good stuff, and stayed there for a couple of days. Only getting up to go to the bog or the fridge.

Some of the best Xmas's ever .   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:13 pm

i like it. and its inspired me to invent my own season of goodwill called sexmas. anyone got hallmark's number? i'll need some cards knocking up...

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:14 pm

andy_g wrote:i like it. and its inspired me to invent my own season of goodwill called sexmas. anyone got hallmark's number? i'll need some cards knocking up...

:laugh:

Time to bring back the sexy lady santa picture comp.  One of the regular pervs from TFBZII want to sort that out for us? :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:33 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
andy_g wrote:i like it. and its inspired me to invent my own season of goodwill called sexmas. anyone got hallmark's number? i'll need some cards knocking up...

Time to bring back the sexy lady santa picture comp.  One of the regular pervs from TFBZII want to sort that out for us? :D

Bob says this like he doesn't go in there for a peek every now and again  :D
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:37 pm

Bollox you lot. Xmas is about giving. Presents round the tree. Family, friends, singing, drinking, eating.

I never used to be like that, but I go to see my mum at xmas. It's about family. giving a present to someone and seeing them unwrap the present. It's nice.
Xmas Even is also much better than New Years Eve, always has been but I love Xmas, 2 weeks off work, and drinking loads!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:38 pm

I really wish people would refrain from replacing Christ's name in the word Christmas, after all, it's his day and it's what it's all about. People may think it's nothing, but it really is offensive to replace his name with an X.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:41 pm

It's just easier to type mate. Christmas and Xmas are allowed.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:42 pm

Lee J wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

Bob says this like he doesn't go in there for a peek every now and again  :D

:;):
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:48 pm

While I like Christmas, while I like the giving, and the family, and all that, I hate the Christmas paraphernalia, that is, the decorations and the lights.

And I hate seeing the lights as soon as in November (not talking about rotation here)

This year the major has decided that the lights wouldn't be put in the streets early, to save money.

Do you know how much money has been saved? 200K €, and we're talking about a small town.

I'd rather use that money so that some poor fúcker that lost his job due to the crisis could give a present to his wee boy.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:54 pm

dawson99 wrote:It's just easier to type mate. Christmas and Xmas are allowed.

I know, but surely how lazy do you have to be? I know some will probably think I'm being pedantic and a bit of an ar$e, but the fella gave up his life by being nailed to a cross, so people should at least make the effort to write his name out, no?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:06 pm

kazza 1 wrote:I'm not a religous person but I do believe in "God", in a way. But thats not why I celebrate Christmas. My mum brought me up to believe that Christmas was a time for good cheer and forgiveness. Its a time for families and close friends to get together and share that good cheer, lol. For me its not about the price of the present but the thought behind it. I listen to family talk about what they would like and always check to see if they have bought it, if not I would try to get them whatever it was for Christmas. I love the dark nights and the week running up to Christmas, when everyone seems to be in good form. I dont have any little kids. My son is 20 and I still up a Christmas stocking for him, lol!!!
Christmas is what you make it. Love it or hate it, its a yearly thing thats not going to go away in a hurry!!!!

Spot on

Too many miserable t.wats in this place  :D
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:10 pm

Jesus, the fella who didn't even exist

Man I hate religion
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:12 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
dawson99 wrote:It's just easier to type mate. Christmas and Xmas are allowed.

I know, but surely how lazy do you have to be? I know some will probably think I'm being pedantic and a bit of an ar$e, but the fella gave up his life by being nailed to a cross, so people should at least make the effort to write his name out, no?

were you there?
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:13 pm

how about this...

SH!!T wrong picture, fk me, errr sorry lads, try this...

Last edited by Roger Red Hat on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum