Well done jenson - F1 champ for 2009

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:24 pm

just watched the race and he did a stirling job. Great to see another Englishman win the championship after Lewis last year.

Well done lad  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:23 pm

dont watch much f1  these days     but well done lad...    :;):   

miss the days of watching mansell, senna, prost, piquet...

those were the days let me tell you...    :nod

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:31 pm

Well done Jenson lad, in an ideal world he would of been great to do it with a win or a podium finish but that was not to be, an ideal place to win it and have a party, enjoy :D
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Greavesie » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:53 pm

Dont like Button but credit where its due

well done lad
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Number 9 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:21 pm

F1 is shi'te,its not a sport..the best car wins mostly,if it breaks down you are fuc'ked and in some cases if your pitt stop takes too long you could be fuc'ked too!I cant for the life of me understand why anyone could give a monkeys about this event never mind be passionate about it!

And Button is a wee tool,just cause he is English and won something people are rubbing their nobs a bit!
F1 sucks,simple! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:12 pm

Number 9 wrote:F1 is shi'te,its not a sport..the best car wins mostly,if it breaks down you are fuc'ked and in some cases if your pitt stop takes too long you could be fuc'ked too!I cant for the life of me understand why anyone could give a monkeys about this event never mind be passionate about it!

And Button is a wee tool,just cause he is English and won something people are rubbing their nobs a bit!

:laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:00 am

Fecking toff I hope he chokes on fanny juice cockhead.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:28 am

Dazzer wrote:I hope he chokes on fanny juice

i can think of worse ways to go

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:32 am

Obviously a great achievement but it does seem like if a top 20 driver is in the best car he'll win.

How come there is so litte hype compared to Hamilton last year?

I gave up watching it many years ago as they rarely overtake and I therefore don't see it as "racing" anymore.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:14 am

Number 9 wrote:F1 is shi'te,its not a sport..the best car wins mostly,if it breaks down you are fuc'ked and in some cases if your pitt stop takes too long you could be fuc'ked too!I cant for the life of me understand why anyone could give a monkeys about this event never mind be passionate about it!

In which case explain the points difference between Hamilton and  Kovalainen. Same team, same races. 22 points difference.

The influence rich manufacturers cars have are as comparable to football clubs with lots of money. Let's no be ignorant now.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:36 pm

Don't teams favour one driver over another (better engineers, tactics set to suit his set up etc) - I mean, one guy was ordered to crash into the wall FFS!
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bammo » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:19 pm

Some teams favour one driver, most don't at the beginning of the season. Obviously if one driver is in Championship contention and the other isn't then the contender will be favoured.

As for Piquet crashing into the wall deliberately, that was a previously unheard of occurrence. There have been some dodgy things in the past (like Schumacher ramming into Hill/Villeneuve) but that's all obvious. It's similar to saying football is pointless because matches are fixed.

Having said all that, F1 seriously needs to update some of its practices. Penalties are given by different stewards at different races. They also seem to be heavily influenced by a driver's standing in the championship.

That and they've let aerodynamics get so advanced that overtaking is far too difficult. Next season refuelling is banned which means drivers will have to overtake on the track and not in the pits.
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby Dazzer » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Its been rubbish for 10 years there used to be a charm about it now its all mega money , to much sponsership , dare I say way to much tech they need to slow the cars down just a little give all teams same engine , and let them work on there body work and harder punishments for rule breaks and it might get back to how it used to be.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:29 pm

Racing would be better  like this with crossover points like Scalextric to make it more appealing  and unpredictable :;):
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Dazzer » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:37 pm

supersub wrote:Racing would be better  like this with crossover points like Scalextric to make it more appealing  and unpredictable :;):

Thats not a bad Idea at all.We seen how they shrunk LH with a lazer beam in that advert and fitted him in that tiny car it could work you know.I would prob watch that over the current sport if you can call it that.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to General Chat Forum