Triffids - Be afraid

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Number 9 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:44 am

..DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS.............Might not be as good as the original
but its a 2 part thingy and its on BBC 1 tomorrow night.I fuc'ckin love triffids!!
raaaather curious!! :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:57 am

Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:03 am

My own belief, for what that is worth, is that they were the outcome of a series of ingenious biological meddlings--and very likely accidental, at that. Had they been evolved anywhere but in the region they were, we should doubtless have had a well-documented ancestry for them! :nod

Bring back Darwin!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:09 am

Like the venus fly trap...its a legend,Darwin could not understand it.....I can ..its a plant that dies come autumn!
I've had loooooads of venus fly traps,not one survived by late april or early may..really anoying..I shall get to the bottom of why! :(
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:36 am

After a large part of the Earth's human population is rendered blind by a brightly coloured comet shower, triffids begin escaping confinement and easily kill large numbers of blinded people. They soon overrun mainland Europe and the British Isles, thus forcing the majority of survivors to escape to the Isle of Man and other islands. :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:42 am

When it "walked" it moved rather like a man on crutches. Two of the blunt "legs" slid forward, then the whole thing lurched as the rear one drew almost level with them, then the two in front slid forward again. At each "step" the long stem whipped violently back and forth; it gave one a kind of seasick feeling to watch it,like Judges di'ck going into a young man. As a method of progress it looked both strenuous and clumsy-faintly reminiscent of young elephants at play. One felt that if it were to go on lurching for long in that fashion it would be bound to strip all its leaves if he did not actually break his coc'ck . Nevertheless, ungainly though it looked, it was contriving to cover the ground at something like an average walking pace.
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:57 am

I read the book as a kid, sadly special effects are so damned advanced that they overuse them in TV and films these days. It can be quite good, but develop a story ffs. In the old days Dr Who used to be tense, building up to the unexpected. These days it is high octane action of a farcical level. One dalek might in itself scare you behind the sofa, BBC now have to have 200 ships full of them as if excess and special effects were order of the day.

If I remember I might well watch this, the trailer looked pretty good. No flying triffids, no explosion after explosion and OTT acting with lots of celebs  wanting in on it.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:53 am

Owzat wrote:I read the book as a kid, sadly special effects are so damned advanced that they overuse them in TV and films these days. It can be quite good, but develop a story ffs. In the old days Dr Who used to be tense, building up to the unexpected. These days it is high octane action of a farcical level. One dalek might in itself scare you behind the sofa, BBC now have to have 200 ships full of them as if excess and special effects were order of the day.

If I remember I might well watch this, the trailer looked pretty good. No flying triffids, no explosion after explosion and OTT acting with lots of celebs  wanting in on it.

:buttrock
A triffid fan...well Im hoping the same mate!Part of the books appeal and the movies was the fact that 99% of people were blinded by the meteor storm and had to rely on other people to make them function as a race...whilst fighting or running from triffids!
Its about togetherness....it better be good!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:59 am

There is a very good cast, so hopefully it will be okay, I am going with the theory that "it must be good if they are in it".
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:38 am

BOO!!!   :wwww

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:57 am

Brilliant thanks Barry another one to add to download list

Old movie scared the beejeevus out of me when I was kid :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:01 am

Number 9 wrote:Image

They look like f*ckin Ostriches in drag!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Number 9 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:55 am

red37 wrote:
Number 9 wrote:Image

They look like f*ckin Ostriches in drag!

I hope you go blind first Al ya triffid mocking fool! :alien:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:20 am

The upper part of a triffid consists of a stem ending in a funnel-like formation containing a sticky substance which traps insects, much like a pitcher plant and a moderator called Al. Also housed within the funnel is a stinger which, when fully extended, can measure 10 feet in length,whilst Al is only 6 feet this is more than enough to kill him and forthcome an agonizing death,when he dies Barry should get all his xbox games . When attacking, a triffid will lash out at its target using its sting, primarily aiming for its prey's face or head, and with considerable speed and force. Contact with bare skin can kill a man instantly. Once its prey has been stung and killed, a triffid will root itself beside the body and feed on it as it decomposes by tearing at its softened flesh with its stinger and pulling the rotting meat into its funnel! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:40 am

Number 9 wrote:The upper part of a triffid consists of a stem ending in a funnel-like formation containing a sticky substance which traps insects, much like a pitcher plant and a moderator called Al. Also housed within the funnel is a stinger which, when fully extended, can measure 10 feet in length,whilst Al is only 6 feet this is more than enough to kill him and forthcome an agonizing death,when he dies Barry should get all his xbox games . When attacking, a triffid will lash out at its target using its sting, primarily aiming for its prey's face or head, and with considerable speed and force. Contact with bare skin can kill a man instantly. Once its prey has been stung and killed, a triffid will root itself beside the body and feed on it as it decomposes by tearing at its softened flesh with its stinger and pulling the rotting meat into its funnel! :nod

C*nt  :D

Thanks for the explanation tho Baz. Didn't know half of that.

Triffids my ar5e!!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to General Chat Forum