Triffids - Be afraid

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Number 9 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:51 am

red37 wrote:
Number 9 wrote:The upper part of a triffid consists of a stem ending in a funnel-like formation containing a sticky substance which traps insects, much like a pitcher plant and a moderator called Al. Also housed within the funnel is a stinger which, when fully extended, can measure 10 feet in length,whilst Al is only 6 feet this is more than enough to kill him and forthcome an agonizing death,when he dies Barry should get all his xbox games . When attacking, a triffid will lash out at its target using its sting, primarily aiming for its prey's face or head, and with considerable speed and force. Contact with bare skin can kill a man instantly. Once its prey has been stung and killed, a triffid will root itself beside the body and feed on it as it decomposes by tearing at its softened flesh with its stinger and pulling the rotting meat into its funnel! :nod

C*nt  :D

Thanks for the explanation tho Baz. Didn't know half of that.

Triffids my ar5e!!

When the meteor storm comes tomorrow night,sadly you will be the first to look at it!! :alien:
stevie wonder! :cool:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:04 pm

'Triffic-Hip Hoppin-Triffids' 

"Now get me on the arl emva cream pale...wit the plum duff puddin an da chickens entrail"  WORD!  :idea

F*ckin triffids  :D  Random mate....pure gold like.
Last edited by red37 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby andy_g » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:07 pm

the trick with venus fly traps - bazzzzzer - is that you have to give them plenty of sunlight and make sure that they are always standing in a few millimeters of water. NEVER water them from the top and NEVER add any fertilizer and NEVER play with them and ALWAYS keep them away from meteor showers. a blind venus fly trap can be a hazard to both man and beast.

my fly trap is continuing to grow steadily through the winter. haven't seen the cat for about a week.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:16 pm

edit. its back.
Last edited by red37 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Number 9 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:26 pm

andy_g wrote:the trick with venus fly traps - bazzzzzer - is that you have to give them plenty of sunlight and make sure that they are always standing in a few millimeters of water. NEVER water them from the top and NEVER add any fertilizer and NEVER play with them and ALWAYS keep them away from meteor showers. a blind venus fly trap can be a hazard to both man and beast.

my fly trap is continuing to grow steadily through the winter. haven't seen the cat for about a week.

I got one last summer,he was called Simon..my mate got one as well and called it Trevor...we used to send eachother photos of how brilliant they were doing like the new babies that they were.

Mine never ate a fly but I got a fly with a spray tin and put it in Simons mouth...sadly he never opened it again,i might have poisoned him...for the rest of my life I shall live with knowing that I murdered Simon

What became of Trevor I hear you ask...he baked in a window and got forgot about then died.

So Andy do you reckon Simon died cause I kept poking him with stuff and gave him an artificially chemically murdered fly?
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:44 pm

Number 9 wrote:When the meteor storm comes tomorrow night,sadly you will be the first to look at it!! :alien:
stevie wonder! :cool:

Blinding meteor storm, you hear that Judge your chances of scoring on a blind date tomorrow have improved
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:55 pm

Number 9 wrote:So Andy do you reckon Simon died cause I kept poking him with stuff and gave him an artificially chemically murdered fly?

:nod

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:05 pm

Image :nod  :nod  :nod  :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:48 pm

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:00 pm

andy_g wrote:Image

:laugh:

look at the one on the lefts face..she knows trifids are hard as fu'ck!! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:04 pm

that's no she dude!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:30 pm

andy_g wrote:the trick with venus fly traps - bazzzzzer - is that you have to give them plenty of sunlight and make sure that they are always standing in a few millimeters of water. NEVER water them from the top and NEVER add any fertilizer and NEVER play with them and ALWAYS keep them away from meteor showers. a blind venus fly trap can be a hazard to both man and beast.

Ive also read 'The Day Of The Triffids', but some years ago mind.....cant really remember it, so will be good to tune into this latest tv offering. Love all things sci-fi!

Liked the black and white film called 'The Village Of The Damned' based on the book 'The Midwich Cookoos'.

Oh and yeah a mate at work gave me 2 venus flytraps (years ago!) and I always managed to kill them, quite sad really. Think I overwatered them. Was fascinating to watch them close a trap when I'd triggered it..... SOMETHING YOU MUST NEVER NEVER DO!!!..... but very tempting nevertheless!  :p  :D
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:38 pm

shanks72 wrote:

Ive also read 'The Day Of The Triffids', but some years ago mind.....cant really remember it, so will be good to tune into this latest tv offering. Love all things sci-fi!

Liked the black and white film called 'The Village Of The Damned' based on the book 'The Midwich Cookoos'.

Oh and yeah a mate at work gave me 2 venus flytraps (years ago!) and I always managed to kill them, quite sad really. Think I overwatered them. Was fascinating to watch them close a trap when I'd triggered it..... SOMETHING YOU MUST NEVER NEVER DO!!!..... but very tempting nevertheless!  :p  :D

I've had about 4 but none ever survive longer than a few months...There is no way that anyone could have a venus fly trap and not poke it or something.
It gets really annoying when a fly lands on it and it does'nt even close though but theres a reason for that!! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:44 pm

correct. some fly traps are vegetarian and are waiting for tofu.

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:10 pm

andy_g wrote:correct. some fly traps are vegetarian and are waiting for tofu.

:no

Its cause the fly in question never hit the same hair twice in a row!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum