This boring old f@rts........ - Annual plea for peace

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:15 am

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:49 am

So let me expand my vocabulary, the spanish fardapollas, the kind of swimming suit that is a penis boaster -- if big enough -- is called "BALLIES" in Scouse? :laugh: it makes sense to me!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:12 am

andy_g wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Unfortunately many of the "small feuds" are in fact rooted in small grievances that some members just can't get over. The stored enmity tinges almost every post they make when responding to those they harbor a grudge against. It's juvenile and tiresome and certainly time and again f'ucks up thread after thread.

nail on the head there i think, woof. i've been guilty of it myself to be honest with peewee and bamaga man. of course, the rational side of me realises its a waste of time, ruins threads, and that its silly to begin or prolong a fight with you don't even know properly. we can't possibly really know what each other is like via a forum so basing a dislike on written views which lack all the nuance of spoken conversation is a bit stupid. the only person i can say i do know a little bit more is sabre having once met for a quick beer and he's a genuinely nice and generous guy with a slightly bizarre head. ( :D )

i'm sure if i met peewee or bamaga man in person without knowing them from the forum we'd get along fine. at least until peewee started banging on about his education and his success and bamaga started falling out with whoever it was peewee was arguing with. many of my real life close friends have views i don't agree with but its easy to let it slide.

a forum lacks all that real life subtlety that makes getting along with people easier. all we have to go on is frequently clashing views and things can get heated very quickly. the fact that no one is going to give you a slap via the web makes having any kind of fight a piece of p!ss and no (male or female) bo'llocks are at all necessary. however, for some reason i can't put my finger on the reason that this site breeds arguments and bitching where other non football forums i visit are havens of peace and friendship.

it must be either the subject matter being discussed, the way fighting is dealt with, or the million to one chance that most of us are a bunch of belligerent and moody knob heads.

Didnt know you was hung up on me, I've only spoken with you once or twice.

Maybe me arguing with whoever Peewee argues with is the same with you and you Spanish friend hey.  :;):   :nod
66-1112520797

Postby dawson99 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:17 am

not a fan of the pc brigade, but most people are bearable, there are those i dont like and those who dont like me

the mods are all kunts tho, fact :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:32 am

LFC2007 wrote:The debate about the state of the forum, the job of the mod's, etc.. is a recurring one, as is the plea for sanity - but this forum will always attract nutters, and the people who say the forum's a sh!thole and is run by dictators/monkeys, keep coming back and keep moaning, when after all - it's only the internet, nobody died. I think it's fine as it is, the mod's are reasonable and keep it much calmer than it used to be.

:laugh:   picking up on a comment that was made before you were even a member (yet you still claim you are not an alter ego), and dont forget the "its only the internet" comment was made by your buddy JBG, i see many people have had their say yet you choose to focus on me. this obsession you have with me will have to stop, its bad for your health, obviously its bad for your mental health,  its quite laughable and sad that you choose to raise comments from such a long time ago to try and score brownie points, you must write them down and store them somewhere to try and prove how clever you are later (after all they wont show up on your google search)

you know, you really are the saddest tw@t on this or any forum, like you say "its only the internet" so why the desire to get involved in things that don't concern you and why the desire to try and prove you know something about everything (by the way i am still waiting for you to call my company to check my position), oh yeah you wont do that will you as it will prove you wrong and we all know narcissists could not deal with that.

you stick to trying to impress the less educated on here mate, they might even believe you have some intelligence while the rest of us will just continue to see how fake you are, i mean what sort of person logs on during the night to try and find faults, hey its only the internet   
:laugh:

get yourself a job and a girlfriend son, do yourself a favour, you are the cause of most of the problems on here by stirring it but once again the offender slips under the radar of the mods.
112-1077774096

Postby Sabre » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:50 am

Peewee, he knows all that because he used the search button, that's how you can know old things about someone.

I know he's not an alter ego, because I explained him in a PM query when he joined who was Uncle Albert and folklore like that he knew nothing about.

About the problems with you, well, that's a matter you have to fix both of you and I won't enter there.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:05 am

Sabre wrote:Peewee, he knows all that because he used the search button, that's how you can know old things about someone.

I know he's not an alter ego, because I explained him in a PM query when he joined who was Uncle Albert and folklore like that he knew nothing about.

About the problems with you, well, that's a matter you have to fix both of you and I won't enter there.

lets just pretend for a minute that this is true, that he uses the search button. then the question has to be "why"?

why would someone search back to posts that were made before he was even a member only to use them to cause instability on the forum, why when i never even enter discussion with him does he choose to post today using comments that i made two years ago nd why are they only aimed at me?

do you see the point i am trying to make here sabre, there is no need for it apart from his desire to cause problems on the forum, at no point in this thread do i use him or attribute anything to him yet he chooses to try and antagonise a situation that does not need his input
112-1077774096

Postby andy_g » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:18 am

Bamaga man wrote:
andy_g wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Unfortunately many of the "small feuds" are in fact rooted in small grievances that some members just can't get over. The stored enmity tinges almost every post they make when responding to those they harbor a grudge against. It's juvenile and tiresome and certainly time and again f'ucks up thread after thread.

nail on the head there i think, woof. i've been guilty of it myself to be honest with peewee and bamaga man. of course, the rational side of me realises its a waste of time, ruins threads, and that its silly to begin or prolong a fight with you don't even know properly. we can't possibly really know what each other is like via a forum so basing a dislike on written views which lack all the nuance of spoken conversation is a bit stupid. the only person i can say i do know a little bit more is sabre having once met for a quick beer and he's a genuinely nice and generous guy with a slightly bizarre head. ( :D )

i'm sure if i met peewee or bamaga man in person without knowing them from the forum we'd get along fine. at least until peewee started banging on about his education and his success and bamaga started falling out with whoever it was peewee was arguing with. many of my real life close friends have views i don't agree with but its easy to let it slide.

a forum lacks all that real life subtlety that makes getting along with people easier. all we have to go on is frequently clashing views and things can get heated very quickly. the fact that no one is going to give you a slap via the web makes having any kind of fight a piece of p!ss and no (male or female) bo'llocks are at all necessary. however, for some reason i can't put my finger on the reason that this site breeds arguments and bitching where other non football forums i visit are havens of peace and friendship.

it must be either the subject matter being discussed, the way fighting is dealt with, or the million to one chance that most of us are a bunch of belligerent and moody knob heads.

Maybe me arguing with whoever Peewee argues with is the same with you and you Spanish friend hey.  :;):   :nod

i was being light hearted about the whole thing there bamaga - or at least trying to. i was just remembering the most recent person i've had any kind of dispute or run in with - no hang ups.

not sure what you mean with the sabre comment  - apart from a bit of tit-for-tat - but it's not something that really bothers me. i'm not into getting into any more silly internet spats and there are already warning signs that this thread is inevitably heading that way.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:27 am

I think the place is fine the way it is!
It always goes through a wee phase like this once in a while,call me a sceptic but I blame the seasons changing early,yeah its global warming thats what it is!
The world and weather fronts are pulling all over the place at unnatural times and its fuc'king gravity up.Our brains are being pulled all over the place,they just are'nt used to it and its causing erratic behaviour! :D

In all seriousness though and if honest Peewee I think you should let it go mate!
Ever since the time you were made a mod and then quickly relieved of the duty for whatever the reason I think it dented your ego and has left a severe chip on your shoulder!You are a totally different fell since then IMO.You rarely post footy anymore and are always involved in a row with someone whether it be a little narc or a major "drama" theres always something going down!
Probably means feck all coming from someone who has been banned more times than anyone,maybe apart from Bill and Stu,but what the hell everyone else has an opinion on the matter and that is mine!
Oh and before you misinterpret my words im not saying Peewee that you are responsible for all the forums rows,far from it in fact...but you have definately changed since what I mentioned above!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:31 am

Probably means feck all coming from someone who has been banned more times than anyone

I want to isolate this bit out of the discussion. Who changed you? you're now a gentleman!

Remove another card from Barry  :D
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:33 am

andy_g wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
andy_g wrote:

i was being light hearted about the whole thing there bamaga - or at least trying to. i was just remembering the most recent person i've had any kind of dispute or run in with - no hang ups.

not sure what you mean with the sabre comment  - apart from a bit of tit-for-tat - but it's not something that really bothers me. i'm not into getting into any more silly internet spats and there are already warning signs that this thread is inevitably heading that way.

a thread like this will always go that way andy, thats the sad fact of this forum, too many people try and get their sly digs in on behalf of their buddies and people respond.

we all know most people on here think i am guilty of starting things when in fact i respond to things, thats what i am guilty of, i should ignore them but at the same time if the mods controlled people better (and this is where the lack of balance comes in) then the people making the snide comments would be dealt with and all the petty rivalries can go away. (and yes i should not respond)

on a personal level i have had no spats for some time, i put the idiot on ignore but then someone else took their place and tried to flame things again, and why? well because i think kuyt is not good enough,, even that could not be debated without abuse.

the fact is many people need to look at themselves on here, especially the ones who think everyone else is totally to blame, and the snide ones, the little no-marks who run into the fight and hit you the run away again before they get noticed.

i sorted myself out, pity others cant do the same
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:42 am

Number 9 wrote:I think the place is fine the way it is!
It always goes through a wee phase like this once in a while,call me a sceptic but I blame the seasons changing early,yeah its global warming thats what it is!
The world and weather fronts are pulling all over the place at unnatural times and its fuc'king gravity up.Our brains are being pulled all over the place,they just are'nt used to it and its causing erratic behaviour! :D

In all seriousness though and if honest Peewee I think you should let it go mate!
Ever since the time you were made a mod and then quickly relieved of the duty for whatever the reason I think it dented your ego and has left a severe chip on your shoulder!You are a totally different fell since then IMO.You rarely post footy anymore and are always involved in a row with someone whether it be a little narc or a major "drama" theres always something going down!
Probably means feck all coming from someone who has been banned more times than anyone,maybe apart from Bill and Stu,but what the hell everyone else has an opinion on the matter and that is mine!
Oh and before you misinterpret my words im not saying Peewee that you are responsible for all the forums rows,far from it in fact...but you have definately changed since what I mentioned above!

let what go barry, i didnt start this thread, i just posted in it as have many others and i posted valid things. but if you notice its my comments that were picked up and once again peewee is the bad guy

i am entitled to my opinion mate just as everyone else is on here, i think the chip you talk about is firmly planted on others shoulders where i am concerned, whatever i post is jumped on.

as for my change, well i can remember when people on this forum talked sense about the football, as a team we are serioulsy f*cked mate, this is rafas team yet people still cant see the problems we have, i say it as i see it now mate, sorry but i cant pretend everything is rosy just to fit in with others
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:43 am

anyway this is my final comment in this thread, no doubt it will turn into 'lets abuse peewee'

:D
112-1077774096

Postby dawson99 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:45 am

peewee gets the most stick as his opinions are probably shared by others but said by no one else. i agree we in trouble, disagree about dirk, me and peewee argue but never badly (we even pm as well to say 'ello same time as arguing)

some people on this site are just WUMS, they know the buttons to push which sucks. And with Sabre his udnerstanding of english sometimes does come across as sarcastic and a bit mean, ut its his second language so it wont all come across 100% perfect 100% of the time.

fo dne says shut up lad and is a bit insulting when people disagree but he does know what hes on about.

then theres the jokers, people not too bothered but sometimes do get really annoyed with the team (me, saint, woof)

a plethera of different people, but the old skool of us know the score, and usually dont let it go too far.

as for mods, do we still have them? havent seen them in ages :p

ps - yes, lets abuse peewee  :pirate
Last edited by dawson99 on Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:46 am

Ah Newkit....

:D

some people on this site are just WUMS, they know the buttons to push which sucks. And with Sabre his udnerstanding of english sometimes does come across as sarcastic and a bit mean, ut its his second language so it wont all come across 100% perfect 100% of the time.

fo dne says shut up lad and is a bit insulting when people disagree but he does know what hes on about.

I use the english expressions sometimes without mastering them.  I read them, I figure out the meaning more or less, and sometimes I'm right to use them later. Sometimes I've been mistaken. I grant you that. I should be more careful with some misunderstandings, maybe even take a second read of what I'm writing to make less mistakes and make less misunderstandings.

But the last bit, the bit about knowing what he's on about, you mean about football? Coming from you Dawson?  :laugh: Well, that's a good one.  :laugh:
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum