The usual b'llsheet - Why ?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:17 am

is it that mick and ace whose opinions on our previous manager are different to the mod that has banned them receive bans for replying in topics (without any abuse at all to anyone) ?

The reason given is that they are derailing threads criticising the old manager.
Rocky pointed out an actual post from Benny that did the very same thing in the serie a thread and was anything said or done ?
I dont by the way want Benny carded or banned. I just see the old one rule for one still applies with certain mods.

I havent pm'd like requested as why shouldnt there be clarity on this for ALL to see ?
I dont want this kept private.
It stinks and is quite clearly just because the two posters have a different opinion on the old manager.

I havent seen any OTT posts from either again

Its just the usual, i dont like the gist of your posts so your out of here.
Benny and Bav bring the old manager up in most threads so why are mick and ace now on the sidelines ?

Out of order yet again  :no
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:21 am

The definitely needs to be transparency on why cards or bans are dished out. An information thread.

At the moment the system is open to corruption. I am not saying it is corrupt, for all we know the bans could be for completely valid reasons, but without the transparency we'll never know.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:28 am

Ive spoken to sub who explained to me. Basically it is all about opinions. We may think that a lot of posters are equally to blame, but we're not the ones in power, so we go with what happens, or we get banend too, its that simple

As an example though, mi on the gerrard thread, someone brings up roy, im on other threads, someone brings up roy.. and not to talk about, just to moan...

now im giving odds on how long before this thread is deleted... i reckon within the hour at most, or as soon as a mod sees it :D
Last edited by dawson99 on Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:32 am

dawson99 wrote:Ive spoken to sub who explained to me. Basically it is all about opinions. We may think that a lot of posters are equally to blame, but we're not the ones in power, so we go with what happens, or we get banend too, its that simple

As an example though, mi on the gerrard thread, someone brings up roy, im on other threads, someone brings up roy.. and not to talk about, just to moan...

now im giving odds on how long before this thread is deleted... i reckon within the hour at most, or as soon as a mod sees it :D

But its not about opinions as the mod's opinion is that Rafa should still be here.
So its fair game for bav and benny and co to bring him up in threads.
When the opposite gets done the culprits get banned ?
The changing of the Rafa thread name yesterday was ridiculous.
I actually dont care if the previous manager gets brought up in threads or if Roy gets brought up in the Rafa thread.
I just think its not on that the rules are different dependant on your thoughts of a now departed manager.
Ben Patrick

Postby dawson99 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:33 am

im not saying its right, im just saying

i think it sucks too mate, just gotta swallow it or find somewhere else to post if not happy i guess
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:38 am

dawson99 wrote:im not saying its right, im just saying

i think it sucks too mate, just gotta swallow it or find somewhere else to post if not happy i guess

I have never bothered with other forums and wouldnt you know.

Its just annoying.
Ben Patrick

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:39 am

Hence why there should be transparency, it keeps the decisions that mods take consistent. Everyone should be accountable, mods included.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:45 am

I wasn't aware that Mick was banned. I actually enjoyed some of his posts.

But he just couldnt seem to let go of last season.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:45 am

On that note I'll leave you all to your own devices....it's a shame more attention is not given to actual football input on this forum rather than the baiting of other members...
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:49 am

supersub wrote:On that note I'll leave you all to your own devices....it's a shame more attention is not given to actual football input on this forum rather than the baiting of other members...

But that's your personal opinion.

How do you know that they are actually baiting and if they are - is it just mick and ace that are guilty ?
Ben Patrick

Postby dawson99 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:53 am

stevie g thread is a good example... just pointless roy talk in there
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:17 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:But its not about opinions as the mod's opinion is that Rafa should still be here.

Symptomatic of the bullsh'it that is constantly shovelled around the forum and swallowed by some as FACT.

This particular mod is not a fan of Hodgson, that doesn't automatically mean I think Rafa should still be here

Far too often members of this forum make statements about  other members as if they are FACTS when in essence they're just opinions.

Like ar'seholes we've all got one.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby babu » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:19 pm

Frigging hell. Nobody is blameless. But some control is needed.

Frankly I'd appreciate it if everyone was banned bar me. I love my own postings, I'd log on everyday just to read what I've written. Sweeeet.

The best solution is everyone needs to moderate themselves. Surely this is not hard, we all love Liverpool FC.

But if you think the mods are sh.it, offer yourself for that thankless job. I am positive that a few of our current mods are ready to throw in the towel.

I mean for heavens sake, what do you want? A full court proceeding for every decision?

People just need to pull their head in and get on with it. Focus on what ties us together, not on what divides us.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:19 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:But its not about opinions as the mod's opinion is that Rafa should still be here.

Symptomatic of the bullsh'it that is constantly shovelled around the forum and swallowed by some as FACT.

This particular mod is not a fan of Hodgson, that doesn't automatically mean I think Rafa should still be here

Far too often members of this forum make statements about  other members as if they are FACTS when in essence they're just opinions.

Like ar'seholes we've all got one.

I didnt quote you.

I am like you of the opinion that Rafa needed to go and Roy isnt upto being his replacement.

Just because mick and ace criticise the previous manager they were banned by supersub.
Yet benny, bav, ciggy redbeergoggles etc etc etc can praise our FORMER manager in whatever thread they like ?

I dont want any of them carded or banned either by the way.
Ben Patrick

Postby metalhead » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:26 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:I dont want any of them carded or banned either by the way.

Yeh you do.... :D  joking
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum