The usual b'llsheet - Why ?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:46 am

rocky29 wrote:
andy_g wrote:how about we all just put our heads together, work out who started it, then ban the motherfúcker?

but i thought you liked posting on here?

he got you on this one andy :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:53 am

redtrader74 wrote:Making a remark about Roy, OUR CURRENT MANAGER, is warranted in any thread, bringing Rafa in is not. Someone even taking the p1ss out of Roy, right or wrong, would not be doing it to wind someone else up, continual reference to Rafa is IMO designed to get a response, especially when he does not matter to the Club at the current time.

Now you see, if you stuck around here last season, you had people abusing Rafa right left and center and getting banned, and rightly so. People couldn't let go on about Rafa and the mods banned some of the members who abused him. The problem is that we are seeing members this season abusing Roy but getting away with it, which is unfair to the others. But derailing threads and going off topic to have a go at a poster or taking the p!ss out of Roy or Rafa is unacceptable to the forum, and ALL members who participate in such slag match should bear the consequences.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:26 am

Mick and Ace have been banned. Rightly or wrongly. Hopefully they will both be back soon as they are very good posters.

But it can't be one rule for one group and another for the other. Fair is fair.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:02 am

Dundalk wrote:Mick and Ace have been banned. Rightly or wrongly. Hopefully they will both be back soon as they are very good posters.

But it can't be one rule for one group and another for the other. Fair is fair.

and there lies the whole point of the thread.

Even benny is accepting this is something that has been going on from alot of people with differing opinions.
Just so happens the two who did not support the previous manager staying at the end are now banned.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:31 am

The Rafa thread in the main section should be deleted.  Its only gonna cause trouble.  And i did notice some better football talk yesterday with a few "extremeists" not around for one reason or another.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:44 am

jacdaniel wrote:The Rafa thread in the main section should be deleted.  Its only gonna cause trouble.  And i did notice some better football talk yesterday with a few "extremeists" not around for one reason or another.

Behave yourself.

They are not extremists, they have a different opinion to you.

The reason why there was possibly better football discussion (in your opinion) as the only people allowed to post share the same views.
Ben Patrick

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:59 am

Ben Patrick wrote:
jacdaniel wrote:The Rafa thread in the main section should be deleted.  Its only gonna cause trouble.  And i did notice some better football talk yesterday with a few "extremeists" not around for one reason or another.

Behave yourself.

The reason why there was possibly better football discussion (in your opinion) as the only people allowed to post share the same views.

I wasn't only referring to the people that got banned.  I was also referring to the people who share some of my views but ram it down the throat more often.

Extremeists from both sides  :)
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:48 am

jacdaniel wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:

Behave yourself.

I wasn't only referring to the people that got banned.  I was also referring to the people who share some of my views but ram it down the throat more often.

Extremeists from both sides  :)

But the reason its not happened yesterday is that the forum has had 2 good posters banned.
So the so called 'extremists' who are Rafa fans have the forum to themselves.
Ben Patrick

Postby worcester_red » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:48 pm

Is that becuase there was no difference of opinion anymore???
worcester_red

Postby worcester_red » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:50 pm

bavlondon wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:
metalhead wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:There is a difference in criticising, or even taking the p1ss out of Roy, who nobody could have an allegiance to, other than him being our manager, and continually taking the p!ss out of Rafa, his one bad season or anyone who thought he was a good manager in each post, where he knows there are lots of supporters who continue to hold him in high esteem. I don't have an allegaince either way, I think Roy needs to go now, and also believe that Rafas time was probably up, but having a go at a manager who did care about the club and did win trophies is pathetic, especially as he is not even here now.

You really don't know the crux of the problem do you?

This has nothing to do with criticizing Roy or Rafa, or whatever. This has to do with certain members derailing threads with Roy or Rafa remarks, or going off topic to have a go at each other to score points or taking the p!ss out of each other. Unfortunately for Mick, he was the one who got banned for doing so, but others didn't and got away with it, which is unfair in my book.

Making a remark about Roy, OUR CURRENT MANAGER, is warranted in any thread, bringing Rafa in is not. Someone even taking the p1ss out of Roy, right or wrong, would not be doing it to wind someone else up, continual reference to Rafa is IMO designed to get a response, especially when he does not matter to the Club at the current time.

Spot on.

hmm but what if someone really backs Hodgson our CURRENT MANAGER, would they not be equally wound up by someone constantly taking the p1ss out of him? Why is it one rule for Rafa, ex-manager, and another for our current manager?
worcester_red

Postby Judge » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:12 pm

benitez went downhill, hodgson inherited that from him, lucas et al...no one could win with the team we have right now...one good result against the kings road poofs, and thats it.

the club needs serious investment, but i do not think hodgson is the man to do the job...maybe rijkaard, hughes, or dalglish would be at the top of my list right now
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:01 pm

I find the furore over the banning of two members a little bit blown out of all proportion ...I mean lets face facts over the last few days and weeks nobody has exactly covered themselves in glory in all this ....I mean there has been more names dropped in the hat than  on a normal day in Admiral St police station  :D .... I find the fact that posters are willing to proffer names for warning  cards and bans a touch farcical .....I was given a warning by the mods and I accepted I was out of order, and I learnt from it ,if I hadn't I would also be on an enforced sabbatical .....   its a fucking forum for the love of God..... people post ,people don't ,people leave ,people stay ,its the nature of every forum ....after six years I have seen some brilliant posters leave and some have remained ........... don't take it to seriously
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:59 pm

So BM got banned, then?

Carry on...
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:43 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I find the furore over the banning of two members a little bit blown out of all proportion ...I mean lets face facts over the last few days and weeks nobody has exactly covered themselves in glory in all this ....I mean there has been more names dropped in the hat than  on a normal day in Admiral St police station  :D .... I find the fact that posters are willing to proffer names for warning  cards and bans a touch farcical .....I was given a warning by the mods and I accepted I was out of order, and I learnt from it ,if I hadn't I would also be on an enforced sabbatical .....   its a fucking forum for the love of God..... people post ,people don't ,people leave ,people stay ,its the nature of every forum ....after six years I have seen some brilliant posters leave and some have remained ........... don't take it to seriously

Its a forum that this particular mod has made up his own rules in this instance though.

You may have received a card or 2 but you are not left permanently on 4 cards meaning that if you receive one you get a ban.

It might only be a forum and i wont be losing sleep, its just not right.

You know it as well, your just taking the p!ss.
Ben Patrick

Postby dawson99 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:53 am

well said ben... certain posters are marked men... whilst others just make non stop snidey remarks.. they must have pics of mods in compropmised positions or something.

im not taking it seriously anymore, its actually fun to watch how twisted the forum gets.

I wont name names, but there is one poster here who is like the skinny mate of the bully, always around when the others are, just sort peering over there shoulder saying yeah (and no, im not talking about benny)

:D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum