GOAT

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:17 pm

Meh
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:00 pm

The thing that needs to be realized is that the division on the forum is not the fault of just one side of the spectrum.  Some people on one side probably see the posts of those that have been unfairly carded as windups.  I think a majority of posts from those on the other side of the fence (the constant Roy bashing) as windups. 

A little tolerence and open mindedness would go along way.  One thing I'm wondering though, now that Mick has been sent to the sidelines, what are the other posters going to do for their point scoring?
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:12 pm

You only have to look at bigmick's posts over the recent weeks to see he isn't innocent in all this - constantly bringing up the 7th place and previous manager in every single post and when someone asked him why he would state he didn't want to talk about last or previous yet constantly mentions them in every post . As I stated in a conversation with Bob everyone needs to take responsibilty for the actions recently - no one is innocent and no one is more guilty than the next - everyone is culpable . As someone said recently " self moderation " i will admit I have been in the wrong on occasions maybe others should realise that too . Hopefully both Bigmick and Ace will be back soon because when you remove their little digs out of their posts they post some good stuff .
Benny The Noon

Postby rocky29 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:28 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:You only have to look at bigmick's posts over the recent weeks to see he isn't innocent in all this - constantly bringing up the 7th place and previous manager in every single post and when someone asked him why he would state he didn't want to talk about last or previous yet constantly mentions them in every post . As I stated in a conversation with Bob everyone needs to take responsibilty for the actions recently - no one is innocent and no one is more guilty than the next - everyone is culpable . As someone said recently " self moderation " i will admit I have been in the wrong on occasions maybe others should realise that too . Hopefully both Bigmick and Ace will be back soon because when you remove their little digs out of their posts they post some good stuff .

im sorry your totally wrong. You are the main derailler. You did the exact same thing the day my aqua thread got shut down. Page 34 to 36 i still remember it clearly. You came on like you do talked about rafa then you and mick got into your usual cat fight for the next 2 or 3 pages then woof woof locked the thread then yesterday on the seria A Thread you did the exact same thing and mick and ace get banned.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:30 pm

Like I said mutual responsibilty and acceptance of blame .
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:02 pm

The problem is that that the three members who've had their posting rights removed have done no more to provoke and derail proper discussion than those who took the royal p!ss out of Roy and who continue to make reference to him in a less than "appreciative" manner in more than the one topic, and who are still permitted to post. If that's the standard then let it be the standard for everyone.
LFC2007

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:59 pm

LFC2007 wrote:The problem is that that the three members who've had their posting rights removed have done no more to provoke and derail proper discussion than those who took the royal p!ss out of Roy and who continue to make reference to him in a less than "appreciative" manner in more than the one topic, and who are still permitted to post. If that's the standard then let it be the standard for everyone.

Have a little look back over the last few days, bigmick in particular could not manage post without a dig or snide remark about last season, or Rafa, IMHO to instigate a response, nothing new, but it had certainly become progressively worse.

There is a difference in criticising, or even taking the p1ss out of Roy, who nobody could have an allegiance to, other than him being our manager, and continually taking the p!ss out of Rafa, his one bad season or anyone who thought he was a good manager in each post, where he knows there are lots of supporters who continue to hold him in high esteem. I don't have an allegaince either way, I think Roy needs to go now, and also believe that Rafas time was probably up, but having a go at a manager who did care about the club and did win trophies is pathetic, especially as he is not even here now.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:09 pm

redtrader74 wrote:There is a difference in criticising, or even taking the p1ss out of Roy, who nobody could have an allegiance to, other than him being our manager, and continually taking the p!ss out of Rafa, his one bad season or anyone who thought he was a good manager in each post, where he knows there are lots of supporters who continue to hold him in high esteem. I don't have an allegaince either way, I think Roy needs to go now, and also believe that Rafas time was probably up, but having a go at a manager who did care about the club and did win trophies is pathetic, especially as he is not even here now.

You really don't know the crux of the problem do you?

This has nothing to do with criticizing Roy or Rafa, or whatever. This has to do with certain members derailing threads with Roy or Rafa remarks, or going off topic to have a go at each other to score points or taking the p!ss out of each other. Unfortunately for Mick, he was the one who got banned for doing so, but others didn't and got away with it, which is unfair in my book.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:14 pm

babu wrote:Frigging hell. Nobody is blameless. But some control is needed.

Frankly I'd appreciate it if everyone was banned bar me. I love my own postings, I'd log on everyday just to read what I've written. Sweeeet.

The best solution is everyone needs to moderate themselves. Surely this is not hard, we all love Liverpool FC.

But if you think the mods are sh.it, offer yourself for that thankless job. I am positive that a few of our current mods are ready to throw in the towel.

I mean for heavens sake, what do you want? A full court proceeding for every decision?

People just need to pull their head in and get on with it. Focus on what ties us together, not on what divides us.

eid adha mubarak babu :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:25 pm

metalhead wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:There is a difference in criticising, or even taking the p1ss out of Roy, who nobody could have an allegiance to, other than him being our manager, and continually taking the p!ss out of Rafa, his one bad season or anyone who thought he was a good manager in each post, where he knows there are lots of supporters who continue to hold him in high esteem. I don't have an allegaince either way, I think Roy needs to go now, and also believe that Rafas time was probably up, but having a go at a manager who did care about the club and did win trophies is pathetic, especially as he is not even here now.

This has nothing to do with criticizing Roy or Rafa, or whatever. This has to do with certain members derailing threads with Roy or Rafa remarks, or going off topic to have a go at each other to score points or taking the p!ss out of each other. Unfortunately for Mick, he was the one who got banned for doing so, but others didn't and got away with it, which is unfair in my book.

Making a remark about Roy, OUR CURRENT MANAGER, is warranted in any thread, bringing Rafa in is not. Someone even taking the p1ss out of Roy, right or wrong, would not be doing it to wind someone else up, continual reference to Rafa is IMO designed to get a response, especially when he does not matter to the Club at the current time.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:47 pm

redtrader74 wrote:
metalhead wrote:

Making a remark about Roy, OUR CURRENT MANAGER, is warranted in any thread, bringing Rafa in is not. Someone even taking the p1ss out of Roy, right or wrong, would not be doing it to wind someone else up, continual reference to Rafa is IMO designed to get a response, especially when he does not matter to the Club at the current time.

Spot on.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red-er-Dare » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:55 pm

redtrader74 wrote:
metalhead wrote:

That post is riddled with bias.
Red-er-Dare

Postby andy_g » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:07 pm

the thing with mick's style of posting is that he likes to contextualise things. people keep banging on about hodgson being a disaster and about how badly we're doing while forgetting how badly we did last season and that we were no better off in the corresponding fixtures. certainly at times he was a bit heavy on the sarcasm but if that is a banning offence then we're all pretty fúcked. the problem stems from so many people now joining the 'lets take umbrage with mick' bandwagon that all of a sudden he becomes the forum bad guy and gets the blame for derailing everything. in the same way that some posters hunt for the tiniest excuse in hodgson's remarks to get themselves all in a flap there are a few doing the same with mick.

how many of you remember a year or two back when mick was just about the most respected football poster on the whole forum? do you really believe he's gone from that to being a wind up merchant twát in a short space of time? and do you really think he's deserved the amount of personal abuse he's received over that time?

i'm not going to go as far as to say the mods (or some mods, or even one mod) only card and ban those who aren't still in love with rafa, but there is certainly some clumsy and unfair modding going on.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:13 pm

A lot can happen in a year or 2 andy. He wasn't carded for his style of posting or 'being heavy'. He was banned for constantly derailing threads to get a rise out of people. At the end of the day he sat on his high horse last season saying Rafa this and Rafa that and that Roy Hodgsen would be the saviour, saying he could get into the top 4 or more with that same squad ect.... fast forward a few months and pretty much everything he tried to force on us as gospel has been proven to be a load of shyte. He can't accept that so instead of just admitting it he chooses to take every opportunity to take a pop at our former manager knowing full well that some people (including myself) will react. And he isn't the only 1 either, you all know who you are.

He got banned big deal, he's not banned forever is it? He will be back in a few weeks, probably sooner going on the last time he got banned so I really don't see what people are getting bent out of shape for.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum