The poker thread. - What a game.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Effes » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:28 am

Just won my first tournament!

It was a $3 sit and go, 90 players.

Had one massive stroke of luck half way through.

Im buzzin - won $72, plus about $5 with knockouts.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:39 am

Effes wrote:Just won my first tournament!

I joined poker stars yesterday and put a tenner in...dont know how to work it though!!
You have to queue to play! :cool:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:56 am

Number 9 wrote:

I joined poker stars yesterday and put a tenner in...dont know how to work it though!!

Baz you just get into the "lobby" and pick some parameters (micro stakes, sit and go, no limit etc). You'll see a screen full of tournaments in front of you which are all "running". Click on anything you like and it'll give you kind of a leaderboard, and down the bottom left of the new window there is a "register to any" tab. Click this, and it will just bung you in on the next identical tournament.

I play "micro" stakes ($1.50 and $3 tournaments with 18 entrants) as don't forget I'm a compulsivce gambler. I play four or five at a time, and when you "register to any" you've noermally got to wait about 20 seconds for the other 17 seats to fill up. I swear there must be fecking 1000's of people playing on there 24/7.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:02 pm

bigmick wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

Baz you just get into the "lobby" and pick some parameters (micro stakes, sit and go, no limit etc). You'll see a screen full of tournaments in front of you which are all "running". Click on anything you like and it'll give you kind of a leaderboard, and down the bottom left of the new window there is a "register to any" tab. Click this, and it will just bung you in on the next identical tournament.

I play "micro" stakes ($1.50 and $3 tournaments with 18 entrants) as don't forget I'm a compulsivce gambler. I play four or five at a time, and when you "register to any" you've noermally got to wait about 20 seconds for the other 17 seats to fill up. I swear there must be fecking 1000's of people playing on there 24/7.

:(
All too complicated mate!!

I queued for a while and then I seen the speed of them knocking out cards n chips going!All a bit strange,I miss football!! :nod
I know basic poker as well but I dont know how to play it there..all too fast!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:56 pm

finished 80th last night in the daily dollar on fulltilt, my best finish in that particular tourney, it is a total ballbuster!Usually over 3000 players, 6min blinds and the 1st hour is rebuys, it is enough to drive you up the freekin wall. I played for over 6 hours and made $15.91. I make more than that at work :sniffle
burjennio

Postby Effes » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:25 pm

Ha! Got up after my nightshtift this afternoon, enterred another one (same as before) and came 21st.

Joined another, and bleedin won that one too!

Balance is looking healthy now. 2 wins in 3 goes is way better than Ive done before.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:52 pm

but online poker, how do you get teh buzz from bluffing? From turning over that 7-2 off after winning the big hand?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:57 pm

dawson99 wrote:but online poker, how do you get teh buzz from bluffing? From turning over that 7-2 off after winning the big hand?

You can still buzz off a bluff without being able to give him a smug smile mate  :D

I rarely show when Im bluffing, they're after you if you do that.
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:03 pm

its funny, since playing live games i just dont have the patience for online, plus u know theres a chance the 6 others ur playing are all chatting on msn, thats what ive done in the past!!!

its all about the bad beats, the chips in your hand, the banter and chat during the game.. getting the cash ni your hand after a good day.. thats real poker!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:20 pm

Mate online poker gives you a lot more hands per hour than live poker, and I personally love showing a good bluff because it gives me a chance to change gears, get over aggressive with a genuine hand and send some donkey to the rail when they think im at it again
burjennio

Postby Effes » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:30 pm

dawson99 wrote:its all about the bad beats, the chips in your hand, the banter and chat during the game.. getting the cash ni your hand after a good day.. thats real poker!!!

You're right about the craic Daws, playing with your mates is a better laugh.

But online is there to play anytime, and when Ive just finished nights and want a game at 7am, online there's 100's of people playing.
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:31 pm

burjennio wrote:Mate online poker gives you a lot more hands per hour than live poker, and I personally love showing a good bluff because it gives me a chance to change gears, get over aggressive with a genuine hand and send some donkey to the rail when they think im at it again

Ive had mixed results doing that mate; I always used to do that in schools with my mates.
But online, I tend to get revenged against.
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:19 pm

just took the worst beat of my live, my qq vs donkeys 99.

I flop a set qqq

guy hits turn 9 river 9 for the most ridiculous 4 of a kind ever. :angry:
burjennio

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:44 pm

burjennio wrote:just took the worst beat of my live, my qq vs donkeys 99.

I flop a set qqq

If that's your worst beat ever, then you must be far more luckier than I am. QQ v 99 still isn't a cert to win, and the other 9 that came down is really irrelevent seeing that you're a massive underdog once he even flops a set. Worst beat I've ever seen was my ace high nut flush and my mate hits a 1 card outter on the river to give him a straight flush. Now that's one of the worst bad beats you'll see.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:06 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
burjennio wrote:just took the worst beat of my live, my qq vs donkeys 99.

I flop a set qqq

If that's your worst beat ever, then you must be far more luckier than I am. QQ v 99 still isn't a cert to win, and the other 9 that came down is really irrelevent seeing that you're a massive underdog once he even flops a set. Worst beat I've ever seen was my ace high nut flush and my mate hits a 1 card outter on the river to give him a straight flush. Now that's one of the worst bad beats you'll see.

Think you missed the point fella. HE flopped a set of queens himself, leaving the other bloke needing to hit runner runner for either quads or a full house. He hit 9 on the turn, and 9 on the river for quads   :laugh:

Huge underdog? I'd like to have had a couple of quid on him after the flop with his mate needing that lets put it that way. I'd even be generous and take threes on  :D .
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum