The poker thread. - What a game.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby burjennio » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:12 am

bigmick wrote:Drop the MTT's and go back to the 18 runner events on pokerstars mate. They pay first four and it is beatable consistently. Yes you don't pile up huge amounts of cash, but it is very satisfying having been a gambler all my life who has done my b0ll0cks on a consistent basis to finally find something i can win at, albeit in my case at a miniscule level because of my previous addictions. Football bets on who will win the title and stuff I can have a nice few quid on, but I play poker pretty much everyday so I have to keep it tiny.

I have had the old ROI over 20% but went through a suck out period where it almost dropped to break even point. It's climbed a bit now, and I reckon I'm making about 20p an hour which is absolutely awesome :D Check me out on Pokerstars/Sharkscope-Mickthemunch. King of the $1.50 tables  :laugh:

I think 20p an hour is beating me atm, Thats one thing I have never done as a poker player is work out my expected hourly rate and all the major books and systems tell you to do it. I just didnt think it was viable if I was moving from ring games to SNGs and MTTs and so forth.

By the way Mick 20% ROI is a very good return and is usually a sign that you are ready to move up stakes, it referred to as "beating the game" at that particular level. My stats are awful this year! Sayin that my 5-9 player stats are between +25-30% but MTT is a disgrace, havn't had a decent lift all year, never mind a win.

You can check me out as burjennio (Im one of the few who gets to use their own nickname without 10 numbers at the end of it) playing at Full Tilt on a sight called officialpokerrankings.com its a site that can keep you up to date on your winnings and overall online ranking (I was in the top 99.01% overall last year  :eyebrow or 8,518th of 862,428 total tracked online players) I made a modest profit but sadly I didnt keep strict bankroll management and started chasing when I was on a cold streak, and you gotta know how that usually ends. Now Im back grinding at the micros, losing my mind when people call my all-in bluffs on a 2 pair board with a f*cking flush.

Now I know how Stu Ungar felt  :D
burjennio

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:17 am

burjennio wrote:
bigmick wrote:Drop the MTT's and go back to the 18 runner events on pokerstars mate. They pay first four and it is beatable consistently. Yes you don't pile up huge amounts of cash, but it is very satisfying having been a gambler all my life who has done my b0ll0cks on a consistent basis to finally find something i can win at, albeit in my case at a miniscule level because of my previous addictions. Football bets on who will win the title and stuff I can have a nice few quid on, but I play poker pretty much everyday so I have to keep it tiny.

I have had the old ROI over 20% but went through a suck out period where it almost dropped to break even point. It's climbed a bit now, and I reckon I'm making about 20p an hour which is absolutely awesome :D Check me out on Pokerstars/Sharkscope-Mickthemunch. King of the $1.50 tables  :laugh:

I think 20p an hour is beating me atm, Thats one thing I have never done as a poker player is work out my expected hourly rate and all the major books and systems tell you to do it. I just didnt think it was viable if I was moving from ring games to SNGs and MTTs and so forth.

By the way Mick 20% ROI is a very good return and is usually a sign that you are ready to move up stakes, it referred to as "beating the game" at that particular level. My stats are awful this year! Sayin that my 5-9 player stats are between +25-30% but MTT is a disgrace, havn't had a decent lift all year, never mind a win.

You can check me out as burjennio (Im one of the few who gets to use their own nickname without 10 numbers at the end of it) playing at Full Tilt on a sight called officialpokerrankings.com its a site that can keep you up to date on your winnings and overall online ranking (I was in the top 99.01% overall last year  :eyebrow or 8,518th of 862,428 total tracked online players) I made a modest profit but sadly I didnt keep strict bankroll management and started chasing when I was on a cold streak, and you gotta know how that usually ends. Now Im back grinding at the micros, losing my mind when people call my all-in bluffs on a 2 pair board with a f*cking flush.

Now I know how Stu Ungar felt  :D

Eat your vice .com! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:24 am

Eat your vice .com!

I just typed that into my search engine, D'OH!

You wanna be amazed mate just google "Stu Ungar 10 high call" absolute f*cking genius, its one thing reading the hand right, its another to have the BALLS to call an all-in bet in front of a crowd of people with it.
burjennio

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:40 am

burjennio wrote:
Eat your vice .com!

I just typed that into my search engine, D'OH!

You wanna be amazed mate just google "Stu Ungar 10 high call" absolute f*cking genius, its one thing reading the hand right, its another to have the BALLS to call an all-in bet in front of a crowd of people with it.

Mugs game..I have fell for every one..just wont be poker!! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:26 am

My placings from my last eight tournaments of 18 particpants (I say "tournament" safe in the knowledge that as it costs less than a packet of 10 fags to enter, it's actually no such thing) are as follows. One first, two seconds, two thirds and three nowhere's (all of which were the result of coming off on the wrong side of a beat). My worst beat in htere was tempting a numpty all in pre flop, like a firely to the flame he couldn't leave it alone. I re raised his raise, and his re-re-raise with an all in push. Like a fool he shoved and imagine his anguish when he saw my AA dwarfing his A10. Course it all looked a bit different when the flop came J Q K, and though I couldn't actually see his finger pointing provocatively through the screen in my direction, nor hear the song he was singing, I knew the title anyway.

He was singing "YOU'RE NOT SINGING ANYMORE!!!, YOU NOT SI-IN-GI-ING ANYMORE". He was right too, I wasn't.

Anyway, apart from that fecker :D, still just about about managing to beat the game. I am tempted to go up into the heady hieghts of the $3 entry fee, but may instead stay where I am and start playing eight tables at once as opposed to four. We'll see.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:52 pm

I entered a free competition at 6pm today on Party Poker.

There were 828 entrants and the first 10 got free entry into a "Seat Frenzy Qualifier" ???

Anyway - I came 7th.

It comes up with a message telling me when the tournament starts 6.30pm on Saturday.
Im going out then, I wont be able to make it  :(
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:09 am

Effes wrote:I entered a free competition at 6pm today on Party Poker.

There were 828 entrants and the first 10 got free entry into a "Seat Frenzy Qualifier" ???

Anyway - I came 7th.

It comes up with a message telling me when the tournament starts 6.30pm on Saturday.
Im going out then, I wont be able to make it  :(

Give yer details to a mate Eff and if they don't play poker, just get em to push all in with alternate hands. They'll win feck all but they will stir things up a bit  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum