The opportunity of a lifetime - Yes i am big noteing myself!

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:09 am

Yeah thats what I was thinking but then Perth Glory have got such great coaches and facilities and if I did well i would be able to play A-league with them whereas the AIS isnt in the A-League the only actually matches I'd be able to play would be Continental Cup and local leagues although the guys at AIS do get to work with Frank Farina and other top coaches and managers.  On the other hand the Lions are queensland and I used to live in Brisbane anyway and also they have a good youth academy and youth policy so really its a tough choice but I do have 3 weeks to decide.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby A.B. » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:39 am

Good luck kid, you got the oppurtunity that I missed out on. Hope you wear the Red shirt someday.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dom1 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:55 pm

Starbridge42 wrote:Guess what? 

Today I received a letter from the Perth Glory Youth Academy (Perth Glory is Australia's most succesful club of recent years having won 4 of the last 6 Australian NSL titles and are also the richest and most influential club in oceania) offering me a scholorship!  :cool:
I have the opportunity to play for their youth team and potentially play proffesional football!  How cool is this...

but it doesn't stop there....

I also received two more offers this week

1. Qld Lions, Brisbane's representitve in the new A-League and a top club for young players

and 2. the Australian Institute of Sport.

How awesome is that?  Obviously you wouldn't know much about any of those 3 associations and your opinion wont have much effect on my eventual decision but which of the 3 do you guys think I should go with?

i would go for the queensland lions, perth glory sounds a bit poop  :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:19 am

Starbridge42 wrote:Yeah thats what I was thinking but then Perth Glory have got such great coaches and facilities and if I did well i would be able to play A-league with them whereas the AIS isnt in the A-League the only actually matches I'd be able to play would be Continental Cup and local leagues although the guys at AIS do get to work with Frank Farina and other top coaches and managers.  On the other hand the Lions are queensland and I used to live in Brisbane anyway and also they have a good youth academy and youth policy so really its a tough choice but I do have 3 weeks to decide.

yeh, well Perth are the best side in Oz, no question, Personally I would go with hem or the AIS, but QLD have a good youth setup apparently and that would be easiest in terms of living arrangemnets and travel for you.

a tough decision, but you are lucky to have the decison, good luck mate.   :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:49 am

I was on MSN and I found out that my teamate (for club, city, regional, state and national teams) max has also been offered a place with the AIS and the Lions so I'll probably go for one of those two.  He plays up front and we go together like... shaggy and scooby!

His nickname for us is Best (me) and Cantona (him), yes he is a manc supporter.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:38 am

Starbridge42 wrote:yes he is a manc supporter.

that's unfortunate.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum