The "n" word - Who can use it?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby mistyred » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:21 am

This is one of the stupidest F*cking threads ever, you would think on a football forum we could do without such idiotic threads, its f*cking embarressing.

And Lando so Rappers invented the term which you describe i don't think so, completely wrong and inaccurate as you well know, and for Two if nobody will miss them why is it the biggest selling music on the planet :;): (Waits for smart ar*e to reply
:D ) no but all :censored: aside the world is not perfect never has been never will be, some people are stupid and some are not, every body belongs to the human race BUT you have got to remember there were times when people from diffrent parts of the world had no idea other origins or skin types even exsisted so the ideoligy was that every body that deosn't look like you or me or her must be different.

I do not use such words, My children or friends will not use such words but it is not a term i associate with, because to me it has no meaning, As Lando siad it is a word derived from "Negro" (meaning black) Negro was used in Southern parts of America who lets face it have a weird accent and was pronounced as N.....  which is why it had turned into the word you all discuss today.

Right know i'm off to grab my balls :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:55 am

Paul C wrote:I'm sure St Michael would have an opinion on this thread as he's black ???

To be honest Paul I'd have an opinion on this whether I was white or black. More to the point, I can't believe a thread on here about "race" hasn't been locked yet.  :D

Listen I despise the word, absolutely despise it. I've heard a million different opinions on this incident and at the end of the day, the posh bint shouldn't have used the word full stop. It's sad that a girl who is quite clearly intelligent had to use the word to try and appear "street" as we say. She then came out and said "well everybody uses it around where I come from". What in Bristol? Give me a f#ckin break. As Woof said, try and use that word walking around Brixton and see what happens.

It's hardly surprising though. Like it or not, the word is still in our vocabulary, despite the fact that the meaning of it has changed down the years. You can walk in to your local clothes shop these days and songs will be blaring out with this word frequently used. Listen to Radio 1 after midnight anyday and you'll hear this word every ten seconds or so.

If black people want to use it as a greeting towards each other then that's entirely their own perogative but I just wouldn't use it full stop.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:18 pm

What in Bristol?

I dont care about it honestly but I think parts of Bristol are like Brixton if you get my drift, there is there fair share of Jamican Yardies and "streetwise" people around there, so she maybe right. But if shes posh ( I havent seen it) shes just trying to big herself up, otherwise a try hard.
66-1112520797

Postby kunilson » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:21 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Those gimps who parade about with their hands sewn to their genitals

ahahaha i thought that was fkin hillarious.

think this thread is pretty much done and dusted. which is why i chose to bump it again    :idea
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:25 am

mistyred wrote:This is one of the stupidest F*cking threads ever, you would think on a football forum we could do without such idiotic threads, its f*cking embarressing.

And Lando so Rappers invented the term which you describe i don't think so, completely wrong and inaccurate as you well know, and for Two if nobody will miss them why is it the biggest selling music on the planet :;): (Waits for smart ar*e to reply
:D ) no but all :censored: aside the world is not perfect never has been never will be, some people are stupid and some are not, every body belongs to the human race BUT you have got to remember there were times when people from diffrent parts of the world had no idea other origins or skin types even exsisted so the ideoligy was that every body that deosn't look like you or me or her must be different.

I do not use such words, My children or friends will not use such words but it is not a term i associate with, because to me it has no meaning, As Lando siad it is a word derived from "Negro" (meaning black) Negro was used in Southern parts of America who lets face it have a weird accent and was pronounced as N.....  which is why it had turned into the word you all discuss today.

Stupid or not, you still put your 2 pennys worth into the subject !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:12 pm

Of course i will as long as ther are thick ars*s who ask the question "Why are we not aloud to say it" erm........ it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work it out, if you are white,Black,chinese,Indian and are brought up in a "deprived" area people talk the same walk the same and dress the same,So what the f*uck does some posh bint wanna act "street" for regardless of the degrading word she used? anyway regardless how wrong or right it was as a Black guy i would give my two cent on the subject, and of know this is my final word on this subject.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:41 pm

Oh well if there are stupid people to ask the question, there are stupid people to answer it. I guess that makes everyone on this thread stupid.

:rasp
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:00 am

mistyred wrote:Of course i will as long as ther are thick ars*s who ask the question "Why are we not aloud to say it" erm........ it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work it out, if you are white,Black,chinese,Indian and are brought up in a "deprived" area people talk the same walk the same and dress the same,So what the f*uck does some posh bint wanna act "street" for regardless of the degrading word she used? anyway regardless how wrong or right it was as a Black guy i would give my two cent on the subject, and of know this is my final word on this subject.

My original question wasnt who can ask it, it was where do we draw the line?
Many people have commented and many people have valid views, one was to not use the word at all which is what im all for, the thread wasnt meant to promote big brother in any way my point was to promote the word itself. I did also mention Ron Atkinson who did a lot for black players playing football.
My point is, to me it is just a word, it doesnt mean what it used to to me, and yet when the word is used it really is down to black and white. This is just one word thats seperating black and white.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:20 am

Kharhaz wrote:my point was to promote the word itself.

Promote the word?
???

I take it you mean to provoke opinion on its use.
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:36 am

LFC2007 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:my point was to promote the word itself.

Promote the word?
???

I take it you mean to provoke opinion on its use.

No to promote the word, the word is used a lot these days but as I explained earlier not in the sense it used be meant. To use the word "nigger" nowadays is not used in the sense that back then it really was used in hatred unlike now where times are more civil but it the use of the word is ok for black people to use and white people are condemned, there are no niggers in britain, we have brits, polish, indians, koreans, chinese, to name but a few but just one word seperates the society. Heres one, does "nigger" apply to indians also? you dont see indian people greet each other as "now then ya packi whatever!"

One word is seperating everyone, so like I asked where do we draw the line?
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:46 am

So by "promoting" the word you want to make more people use it in our society?

Or are you trying to provoke opinion about it? i.e. is it an acceptable word to use or not.

By what you have just said it appears to be the latter, right?
LFC2007

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:13 am

mistyred wrote:This is one of the stupidest F*cking threads ever, you would think on a football forum we could do without such idiotic threads, its f*cking embarressing.

No mate, I was merely suggesting that rappers are the modern-day protagonists who have "popularised" the word more than any other group of people.

As for the record sales - God only knows. All I DO know is, if anyone tried to play it in my house, them, their CD and the f*cking stereo would be out the top-floor window. :D

I just cannot listen to a "song" (perhaps a "talk" would be more accurate?) that jabbers about "ma ho's and bee-atches", etc. It's not my cup of tea at all. The glamourising of drugs is a no-no imho, too.

(Before anyone thinks this is in any way racist (which certain c*nts always seem to!), I wish to point out that Eminem is a white man, and I f*cking hate him more than any other rapper alive or dead. The talentless tw*tbag.)

If you are a (good/clean) rapper Misty, I apologise for any offense my sweeping statement condemning all rappers as c*nts may have caused.

I still stick by it if you're another Eminem, though.   :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:12 am

I dont mind a bitta Buster Rhymes or Woo-tang myself, I like listening to all kinds of music. I like the four tops, the drifters, Marven Gaye and the stylisticts most things from the 60's and 70's. I also like house, garage and DnB, oh and Floyd :cool:
66-1112520797

Postby mistyred » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:19 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:

No mate, I was merely suggesting that rappers are the modern-day protagonists who have "popularised" the word more than any other group of people.

As for the record sales - God only knows. All I DO know is, if anyone tried to play it in my house, them, their CD and the f*cking stereo would be out the top-floor window. :D

I just cannot listen to a "song" (perhaps a "talk" would be more accurate?) that jabbers about "ma ho's and bee-atches", etc. It's not my cup of tea at all. The glamourising of drugs is a no-no imho, too.

(Before anyone thinks this is in any way racist (which certain c*nts always seem to!), I wish to point out that Eminem is a white man, and I f*cking hate him more than any other rapper alive or dead. The talentless tw*tbag.)

If you are a (good/clean) rapper Misty, I apologise for any offense my sweeping statement condemning all rappers as c*nts may have caused.

I still stick by it if you're another Eminem, though.   :D

Me Rap  :laugh: Hell no Lando couldn't do it to much hard work i'm old school mate i listen to alot of slow songs and abit of everything always have, at the moment on my ipod i've got Back in Black AC/DC my wife thinks i'm mental i can't get it out of my head i love the Guitar  :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:29 am

Ron Atkinson did a lot for black footballers? What exactly....he had black players in his team for one reason only, they were very good footballers, he didn't pick them for the good of society.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum