Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby anti-hero » Sun May 07, 2006 2:37 am

Roberts wrote:
anti-hero wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:
RAFABENITEZ wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:
RAFABENITEZ wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:The Killers "Hot Stuff" for me is the best album I've personally heard in years.  No competition. 

Shocking, absolute :censored:. The Libertines, Arctic Monkeys, Oasis, have all made stuff miles better than that steaming pile of shite.

The Killers were inspired by Oasis by all accounts.  They're from Las Vegas if I'm not mistaken and saw Oasis play there.  Legend has it they decided to form a band afterwards.

Shocking story because their style is very different to Oasis.

I can't believe you don't like the Hot Stuff album though.  Very strange.  It just oozes class.  Like I say though, it's about opinions.

There are about 4 tracks on Hot stuff that were decent 7/10 ers. The rest are just blatant album fillers. They will never amount to anything near Oasis but unfortnately they seem to be one of those bands that get a huge following by all the sheep student :censored: who think theyre cool cos they wear sweat bands in october and hang out in Indie bars  :veryangry

To be fair all albums are a bit like that really. You hardly ever find an album that has all good songs on. There are bound to be cr@p ones on there aswell.

Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory?

Anyone?

I thought it was pure headbanging heaven.

Best thing I ever got in exchange for $8.

I liked Hybrid Theory my favourite tracks were 'Place for My Head' and 'One Step Closer', 'Forgotten' is a cool track as well.
Meteora was a good LP album as well although not as good as Hybrid Theory, I liked 'Easier to Run','Faint' and 'Hit The Floor' from that album :)

I liked all of them but my personal favorites were My December, Papercut, With You, and Crawling of course.

To scream like Chester, is a monumental achievement.

:bowdown

:buttrock  :buttrock
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun May 07, 2006 4:59 am

woof woof ! wrote:Stuff I listen to most ,Tragically Hip , John Mellencamp , Van Morrison , Jimmy Smith (jazz organist) .But my taste runs the whole gamut of the music spectrum from classical thru pop rock reggae jazz folk country and even chinese traditional . :)

Tragically Hip are Canadian legends Woof...I had no idea they had an audience in your part of the world!  I actually live in their hometown and walk by the lead guitar player's house everyday.

Sorry, RAFABENITEZ, gotta agree with several others...The Killers and Franz Ferdinand are sound.  I'd also put Arcade Fire in that camp...quality!

Smiths, Echo and the Bunnymen, the Housemartins are also faves of mine.

I'm also with Ace on the heavy stuff...Metallica, KISS, Sabbath, early Led Zep, Danzig are fantastic--especially when you need to blow off steam!

Hip hop is not my favourite, generally speaking, but I dig Beastie Boys and some old school stuff: Ice T, Public Enemy, Run DMC, Kool Moe Dee...

J-Mac's definitely right about Ray Charles--fantastic stuff.  Generally any 60s and 70s soul and R & B is good stuff (check out the "Dead Presidents" soundtrack for some great tracks).

I'm also quite fond of Eastern European folk music, believe it or not.  My wife's background is Slovak and she used to dance in a folk ensemble so we have some wicked stuff.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun May 07, 2006 11:49 am

Bad Bob wrote:Tragically Hip are Canadian legends Woof...I had no idea they had an audience in your part of the world!  I actually live in their hometown and walk by the lead guitar player's house everyday.

Yeah I "discovered"  them when I inquired as to who sang the title track to the TV series "Due South" .

A brilliant band , Fully Completely is one of my all time favourite albums .

When they toured in the uk about 10 years back I took my lad to see them (it was his first ever rock concert  :)  )

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum