The music thread

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Woollyback » Sat May 06, 2006 11:01 pm

shanks72 wrote:
Woollyback wrote:echo & the bunnymen
the killers

Yeah liked them, esp. the single: The Killing Moon

the killing moon is one of my favourite records of all time, in fact i think it's one of the very best songs ever written :bowdown
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sat May 06, 2006 11:02 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:The Killers "Hot Stuff" for me is the best album I've personally heard in years.  No competition. 

Shocking, absolute :censored:. The Libertines, Arctic Monkeys, Oasis, have all made stuff miles better than that steaming pile of shite.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat May 06, 2006 11:02 pm

Woollyback wrote:the queens near williamson square

Know it well, my mates Ma used to run it.  Good for sitting outside in the hot weather and watching the many fascinating ladies of Liverpool wiggle past.

:buttrock
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat May 06, 2006 11:04 pm

RAFABENITEZ wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:The Killers "Hot Stuff" for me is the best album I've personally heard in years.  No competition. 

Shocking, absolute :censored:. The Libertines, Arctic Monkeys, Oasis, have all made stuff miles better than that steaming pile of shite.

The Killers were inspired by Oasis by all accounts.  They're from Las Vegas if I'm not mistaken and saw Oasis play there.  Legend has it they decided to form a band afterwards.

Shocking story because their style is very different to Oasis.

I can't believe you don't like the Hot Stuff album though.  Very strange.  It just oozes class.  Like I say though, it's about opinions.
jonnymac1979

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sat May 06, 2006 11:08 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
RAFABENITEZ wrote:

The Killers were inspired by Oasis by all accounts.  They're from Las Vegas if I'm not mistaken and saw Oasis play there.  Legend has it they decided to form a band afterwards.

I can't believe you don't like the Hot Stuff album though.  Very strange.  It just oozes class.  Like I say though, it's about opinions.

There are about 4 tracks on Hot stuff that were decent 7/10 ers. The rest are just blatant album fillers. They will never amount to anything near Oasis but unfortnately they seem to be one of those bands that get a huge following by all the sheep student :censored: who think theyre cool cos they wear sweat bands in october and hang out in Indie bars  :veryangry
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat May 06, 2006 11:11 pm

RAFABENITEZ wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:
RAFABENITEZ wrote:

There are about 4 tracks on Hot stuff that were decent 7/10 ers. The rest are just blatant album fillers. They will never amount to anything near Oasis but unfortnately they seem to be one of those bands that get a huge following by all the sheep student :censored: who think theyre cool cos they wear sweat bands in october and hang out in Indie bars  :veryangry

To be fair all albums are a bit like that really. You hardly ever find an album that has all good songs on. There are bound to be cr@p ones on there aswell.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat May 06, 2006 11:12 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
Woollyback wrote:the queens near williamson square

Good for sitting outside in the hot weather and watching the many fascinating ladies of Liverpool wiggle past.

:buttrock

truly one of life's greatest & simplest pleasures :nod
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sat May 06, 2006 11:14 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:
RAFABENITEZ wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:
RAFABENITEZ wrote:

To be fair all albums are a bit like that really. You hardly ever find an album that has all good songs on. There are bound to be cr@p ones on there aswell.

what, you have never bought an album and had more than 4/11 good tracks on? Time to get some good albums lad.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat May 06, 2006 11:25 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:To be fair all albums are a bit like that really. You hardly ever find an album that has all good songs on. There are bound to be cr@p ones on there aswell.

(What's The Story) Morning Glory? by Oasis was damn near perfect if you ask me.   

The weakest songs on it were the opener Hello (still a turn the volume up to 11 type of song......) and Hey Now.

Some Might Say was the weakest single.  Still a catchy song though. 

Two of the twelve songs on the album were just static noise taken from a B-Side called The Swamp Song, leaving ten 'real' songs.  I would say a 95% 'hit the mark' percentage due to the very slight weakness of Hey Now in my opinion, and you have a near perfect album.

Anyone think that's a fair comment, or bullshit? 

I'm interested to hear.  It's probably my favourite album I've ever heard.  Again, it's all about opinions.
jonnymac1979

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat May 06, 2006 11:40 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:To be fair all albums are a bit like that really. You hardly ever find an album that has all good songs on. There are bound to be cr@p ones on there aswell.

(What's The Story) Morning Glory? by Oasis was damn near perfect if you ask me.   

The weakest songs on it were the opener Hello (still a turn the volume up to 11 type of song......) and Hey Now.

Some Might Say was the weakest single.  Still a catchy song though. 

Two of the twelve songs on the album were just static noise taken from a B-Side called The Swamp Song, leaving ten 'real' songs.  I would say a 95% 'hit the mark' percentage due to the very slight weakness of Hey Now in my opinion, and you have a near perfect album.

Anyone think that's a fair comment, or bullshit? 

I'm interested to hear.  It's probably my favourite album I've ever heard.  Again, it's all about opinions.

(What's The Story) Morning Glory? is definately probably the best album I've ever bought. That's typical Oasis though, catchy songs. But they are not just catchy but they are good.

I recommend the latest Darkness and The Zutons new albums. Only listened to about 70% of each album and they are all good. Same with the Arctic Monkeys aswell.

The above have all got nice beats to 'em.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat May 06, 2006 11:41 pm

RAFABENITEZ wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:
RAFABENITEZ wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:
RAFABENITEZ wrote:

what, you have never bought an album and had more than 4/11 good tracks on? Time to get some good albums lad.

never said that just said that there is bound to be some album fillers on the very best of albums. sorry mate didn't really explain myself. It's getting to that time of the month again  :D
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Sat May 06, 2006 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Sat May 06, 2006 11:45 pm

Woollyback wrote:
shanks72 wrote:
Woollyback wrote:echo & the bunnymen
the killers

Yeah liked them, esp. the single: The Killing Moon

the killing moon is one of my favourite records of all time, in fact i think it's one of the very best songs ever written :bowdown

Ditto, superb!!
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Sun May 07, 2006 12:25 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:Other than that, I regularly listen to Coldplay,  Keane,  On my PC, you'll find some songs I've downloaded because when you listen to them they remind you of a certain place, a certain time in your life, or a certain person. 

The Police. 

Yeah these groups r also class. Love the Keane album: Hopes and Fears.

This is very true that music is very much linked to memories, good and bad.

The police, Every Breath You Take, is a classic!
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Sun May 07, 2006 2:03 am

adamnbarrett wrote:
RAFABENITEZ wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:
RAFABENITEZ wrote:

Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory?

Anyone?

I thought it was pure headbanging heaven.

Best thing I ever got in exchange for $8.

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock

Every track was pure fire.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sun May 07, 2006 2:08 am

anti-hero wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:
RAFABENITEZ wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:
RAFABENITEZ wrote:

Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory?

Anyone?

I thought it was pure headbanging heaven.

Best thing I ever got in exchange for $8.

I liked Hybrid Theory my favourite tracks were 'Place for My Head' and 'One Step Closer', 'Forgotten' is a cool track as well.
Meteora was a good LP album as well although not as good as Hybrid Theory, I liked 'Easier to Run','Faint' and 'Hit The Floor' from that album :)
82-1074641017

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum