The lfc-newkit 2009 - All new forum awards

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:43 pm

OK, who's got hold of Ace's password ? :p
account deleted by request

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:54 pm

s@int wrote:OK, who's got hold of Ace's password ? :p

well hes contributed 7500+ pioneering pieces in literature and wisdom in a year so its the least we can give him in return...

congrats Gybs thats 2 awards you've got from me today  :D
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:11 pm

aCe' wrote:member of the year: Judge
Funniest member: Judge and Daws
dispute of the year: mods vs. common sense :cool:
best newcomer: hate to say it but Gybs gets it for me...

ace is great now  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:13 pm

Gayest tw@t award-----Judge! :p
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:28 pm

10) Best forum newcomer (in the last year) - is GYBS new? Feckin 'ell.

Im withdrawing GYBS - his one-liner scatter-gunning has returned with a vengeance.
Last edited by Effes on Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:30 pm

Effes wrote: By the way. I notice Owzat got a bit of stick off people a while ago - not seen him since.
Nice one people.

:laugh:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:39 pm

aCe' wrote:
Effes wrote: By the way. I notice Owzat got a bit of stick off people a while ago - not seen him since.
Nice one people.

He's submitted himself to the solent!! :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:50 pm

Number 9 wrote:
aCe' wrote:
Nice one people.

The solent would have spat him out as he would of annoyed it with pointless anbnoying stats about the thames current being stronger etc etc as he was drowning himself  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:56 pm

:D :D
LFC2007

Postby red37 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:24 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
aCe' wrote:
Nice one people.

The solent would have spat him out as he would of annoyed it with pointless anbnoying stats about the thames current being stronger etc etc as he was drowning himself  :D

See you already know about owzat and his facts and figures then eh...  :D   Funny that, cos the fella hasn't posted since July 2nd.  I guess his reputation preceeds him!   :laugh:

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:05 am

1. Forum member of the year:-S@int. I know some will accuse me of bias (and I'm not denying it as we agree on lots of stuff) but I like the way he throws facts into discussions which kick start the debate again. Be it transfer moniesw spent, points gained between certain periods of time or whatever, he researches and puts it out there which gives the thing a point.

2. Thread of the year:-The Mourinho thread. An ongoing saga which has ebbed and flowed throughout. It isn't finished yet either, and if Milan bomb thios season I fully expect it to be busy with digs, just the way it should be. Needless to say if they don't, then it might get busy as well.

3. Funniest member :-Difficult one this as it's not been a "funny" year. Our title challenge seemed to make everyone a bot more touchy, and previous winners haven't been concentrating so much on "funniness". lando has been a deserved winner in the past, but has spent more time arguing with me this year and I'm probably the reason why he doesn't get in top two (sorry about that :( ). I've got the Judge second by a whisker for his general inanity, but Barry sneaks it for me for his comment about Mark Hughes having posters of his bycycle kicks on the wall of the City dressing room   :laugh: That one comment made me laugh more than any other, and he sneaks it.

4. Most opinionated forum member is probably me unfortunately.

5. The dispute of the year has to be between those who feel the moderating has been unfair, and those who are moderators. Being one of the main protagonists I don't feel too good about it as I like the guys who do the job on an individual basis, hopefully it's all in the past.

6. Worst rumour of the year :- That Rick Parry signed Robbie Keane without Rafa knowing about it  :laugh:

7. Avatar of the year. It's a close one between Liverpool Madmans, the one of the bird in the wetsuit, and the other one where the bird is putting her jeans on. I think the last one sneaks it.

8. Sig of the year was Nannies Xabi one. Top piece of work by Emerald Red I believe.

9. Member with the best info:- Ciggy. She may not quite have the inside track to quite the same extent which she used to, but she still gets wee snippets here and there which are on the money. Better than listening to that clown Ballaque "The transfer is definately on but there's no certainties in football". I've got more inside info than that silly c...

10. Newcomer of the year is GYBS. I couldn't stand the bloke at first, but I've come to realise I was wrong.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:08 am

red37 wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
aCe' wrote:
Nice one people.

See you already know about owzat and his facts and figures then eh...  :D   Funny that, cos the fella hasn't posted since July 2nd.  I guess his reputation preceeds him!   :laugh:

:;):
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby red37 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:14 am

Yeah deffo.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:55 am

Dundalk wrote:1) Forum member of the year
2) Thread of the year
3) Funniest Member
4) Most opinionated
5) Dispute of the year
6) Worst rumour of the year
7) Avatar of the year
8) Sig of the year
9) Member with best info (ITK)
10) Best forum newcomer (in the last year)

Just a bit of harmless fun, don't take it too seriously (will be locked by page 3  :D  )

Can I hold my judgements until december when the members have a chance to prove themself member of the year, and to create their thread of the year, and crack of gags to be funniest member of the year etc. You see where I am going with this? It is only August after all, the year isnt done yet.  :D

New years eve should be the awards night.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:36 pm

1) Forum member of the year.

Bigmick. Like Alonso his form dropped the last season and I even told him to discuss less about Rafa and more about what he does best, talk football, but still has quality in his posts and despite the drop of form, he gets the vote. Perhaps I like other poster's posts more, Like LFC2007 or Bob's or Dalglish, or Igor's, but Mick's contribution is very constant (no very long rests, no having to work as a mod).

2) Thread of the year

Must have been a poor year football wise because not many threads come to my mind when I think of this. The fact that several members mention a thread of the premiership section is also a sign that perhaps this season has not been great debatewise in the forum.

3) Funniest Member

Lando Griffin, and Lee J gets a mention for his trap stories that had me on stitches.

4) Most opinionated

When I translate "opinionated" I have 3 possible meanings, one is "dogmatic", one is "sticks to his guns too much" and another one a bit "arrogant". I'll take the first meaning, and I'll give it to Mick's and his future predictions (like the one he used to have in the signature).

5) Dispute of the year

Mods vs Parallel Mods

6) Worst rumour of the year

I forget rumours quick, so I blank vote.

7) Avatar of the year

I try to think in nice new avatars, but I only remember those one with big tits on it.

8) Sig of the year

JonnyMac made most of them, and I can't remember a great new one, so I vote JonnyMac as a tribute.

9) Member with best info (ITK)

I don't know what ITK means, but if best info has to be awarded I consider a matter of justice to mention Bad Bob's match thread information, which I often visit to remember facts about the games. Less work weekly, but mentionable aswell Dundalk's index.

10) Best forum newcomer (in the last year)

RedBeerGoggles, it seems he has come back and more importantly he comes back to stay. With the absence of people like LeonMc who provided me with info of how real supporters feel (no offence here to anyone, I just consider supporters those who go to the matches regularly, the rest are fans which I also like to read), his coming back for me has been important. We used to have more match goers.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum