The computer games thread - 56K Modem Warning/Image heavy

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby stmichael » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:11 pm

just seen the demo for football manager 2006. looks absolutely class.

there's a new feature whereby you can give a team talk at both half time and full time.

:buttrock
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby El Nino_#9 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:50 pm

does anyone know if u can get a demo for pro evo 5 yet?
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:48 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:does anyone know if u can get a demo for pro evo 5 yet?

OUT TODAY!!!

Just got it, i'll let you know when I play it in about, oh, 20mins....  :D  :D

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:15 pm

PES5

First impressions were that it seemed slow. Very slow. you can't beat a full back now simply by running at them - they will marshall you and the ball out of play if you try. As the game wore on though, it started to feel as slick as the previous games - and the slowness soon faded.

It's much harder now to move a player were his body can't take him - if you try to turn on the spot to face the other way with the ball at your feet when an opposing player is near, it will be taken from you. It's much easier to foul a player using the X button now - players will tumble if you run into them with the button held down. Conversely, the O tackle doesn't bring about fouls when you get it right, like PES4 did.

The free kicks now feel spot on, shooting wise - i've had 3 and where I haven't managed to score, my attempts have been much better than they would be on PES4. Carlos can really (and I mean really) hit it AND keep it goal bound - no more flying miles over the bar. I couldn't work out when you use 2 players to take a free kick, how to roll the ball out - rather than press select to change the free kick sltyle, it's now L2 - and L3 and R3 appeared to have no function at all during the kick.

The animation is superb - I scored one goal where Zidane played a ball through to Owen (i'll get onto that subject in a minute) after Owen had given the defender the slip and I swear to god, it looked just like Owen's goal against the :censored: in the FA cup Final (the one where he done the cartwheel as a celebration). Played the ball over the keeper's leg after making a angle and SIDE FOOTED it into the side netting of the far corner. The Pro Evo magic is still there as I still felt the need to celebrate to myself!

Downside - as you might have guessed, the players arn't up to date. Owen's still at Madrid, and there's no Robhino or Baptista, so you'll have to transfer one and create the other. Figo's still at Madrid as well and Woodgate is surprisingly good.

Upside - the release date has been moved FORWARD to the 21st Oct - probably to stem the flow of EA's sh!thouse tactic of moving the release date of FIFA forward at short notice, thus meaning the reviews in the mags are out after the game is released.

In summary - Can't funking wait!! Bring it on.......  :D  :D  :bowdown  :buttrock

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:20 pm

Feeney wrote:
JBG wrote:I currently have a 9800 Pro Feeney. Its getting a bit long in the tooth but it was an excellent card for its day (2 years ago).

I'm only really thinking something like that for one game - BF2. I've currently got a 9200 which isn't supported and to be honest that was the one game I was looking forward to all year. I can play F.E.A.R, which has ridiculous specs, but not BF2!!!!!

I'm probably just being a bit cheap and don't want to pay over the odds when i'm gonna need new everything next year as i'll move to PCI-E!  :D

Skip the 9800Pro. Its still a reasonable card, but its old.

You can pick up 6600Gts relatively cheaply and they are a fine mid range card.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Feeney » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:26 pm

JBG wrote:
Feeney wrote:
JBG wrote:I currently have a 9800 Pro Feeney. Its getting a bit long in the tooth but it was an excellent card for its day (2 years ago).

I'm only really thinking something like that for one game - BF2. I've currently got a 9200 which isn't supported and to be honest that was the one game I was looking forward to all year. I can play F.E.A.R, which has ridiculous specs, but not BF2!!!!!

I'm probably just being a bit cheap and don't want to pay over the odds when i'm gonna need new everything next year as i'll move to PCI-E!  :D

Skip the 9800Pro. Its still a reasonable card, but its old.

You can pick up 6600Gts relatively cheaply and they are a fine mid range card.

Sound, thanks for the advice.  :buttrock

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flombs » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:07 am

JBG wrote:You need to get yourself a PC and have a crack at Half Life 2, World of Warcraft and Far Cry. :cool:

Half life 2 is amazing! what a game for the computer!
From story telling to graphics and the way its played is superb! The original was fantastic too!
In fact im going to play it again...(with a little less cheating) lol.

I love playing Counter strike Condition Zero on multiplayer.
a next door neighbour of mine use to go to the actual comps and my god some of the things he told me. just simply amazing wat peeps will do over a game... :O

Also  great game FM2005....just got Rushden from league 2 to the championship div. lol!!
"Anorexics addicted to shopping with hollow labotomised
heads". -Brazilian newspaper on British football wives.

"Long live Italy! I dont like Australia! I dont care about
the Australian team, and i dont want them to have good results!" -Chinese football commentator (Hilarious)
flombs

Postby flombs » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:27 am

Piewhack wrote:Does anyone have the new battlefield 2 game?? 

That's all everyone goes on about in work.. so i've ordered myself a copy of it as i don't want to be left out of disscusions in work!! lol.

Anyone else play this game??

yeah i do!

but cant work it as my comps specs are not up to it! lol

bloody thing! :no

the Australian team, and i dont want them to have good results!" -Chinese football commentator (Hilarious)
flombs

Postby flombs » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:30 am

JBG wrote:
Paul C wrote:
Piewhack wrote:Does anyone have the new battlefield 2 game?? 

That's all everyone goes on about in work.. so i've ordered myself a copy of it as i don't want to be left out of disscusions in work!! lol.

Anyone else play this game??

My mate has the demo on the PC and says it's mint online, I'm gonna have a look at it when it comes out on the Xbox cos it's not out for the Mac.

I would say Battlefield 2 is probably going to be an Xbox360 game.

To play this game on a PC with full settings you are talking of needing an absolutely state of the art machine. Its very very performance hungry.

as i found out.

wont even load on my comp. :down:

but i can still play half life 2! lol

flombs

Postby flombs » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:06 am

Can anyone tell me what the diff is b/w counter stike source and counter strike?
im playing CS_condition zero multplayer.

cheers.

flombs

Postby JBG » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:11 pm

I think the Christmas batch of X360s have been sold out on pre-order and there are fears that some people who ordered one might not get it in time for Christmas.

I think its a revolutionary piece of kit. Normally when consoles come out there are roughly the same graphical and processing power of a state of the art, high end, gaming PC. The Xbox 360 will be significantly more powerful than a PC with a A64 4800X2 dual core processor and a XT1800XT 512MB graphics card (you won't even be able to lay your hands on such a PC until mid November). PC technology will eventually catch up and pass it out, but you'd probably have to wait until at least this time next year. The Playstation 3 will be even more powerful than the Xbox360, although its still a year away.

To get the most of the Xbox360 you'll need a High Definition TV, which are still very rare in Europe. Xbox360 games will run at high resolutions, giving superb graphical improvements. Alternatively, if you have a large computer monitor, you can buy a VGA adaptor and run your Xbox on that.

There are also some pretty good games coming out at launch, such as Project Gotham Racing Three (I'm sure Paul C will like that one) which has almost photo realistic graphics, Gears of War, Call of Duty 2 and Oblivion, which looks like its going to be a superb RPG.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:21 pm

These are a few screens from Black and White 2 on the PC, which was released yesterday.

Its got mixed reviews, although it seems so interesting that I'm going to get a copy of it anyway.

For those of you who haven't played the original, it features the most incredible artificial intelligence. You play a god, train a creature and go on and conquer the game world.
Last edited by JBG on Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:28 pm

Ghost Recon 3 on Xbox360 and PC.

The Xbox is friggin' cool. It has a three core processor running at about 3GHZ. The best available PC processor (on home PCs) is only a dual core processor running at roughly 2.8GHZ (and costs three times the price of a Xbox360 system!).
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:31 pm

Ridge Racer 6 on the Xbox360.............these are all in game screens Paul C!

Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby DrTNT » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:50 pm

I is definitely gettin a Xbox360. those screen shots look class, can't wait, thanks JBG!!!!  :bowdown
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum