The computer games thread - 56K Modem Warning/Image heavy

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby El Nino_#9 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:29 pm

The only computer games i like are
-GRAND THEFT AUTO (ALL 3)
-PRO EVO 1,2,3,4 (AND SOOOOO LOOKING FORWARD TO 5!)
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:10 pm

I'm a computer nut and build all of my own computers.

I have allocated €2500 for a new machine (I'll use my current monitor).

What I have in mind is a
Athlon 64 4800 X2 dual core
DFI Lanparty motherboard
2 Gig Corsair XMS Pro dual channel ram
2 x 74 Gig Raptors in RAID Array :buttrock
1 Western Digital 16mb caceh 300 Gig
2 x Nvidia 7800GTXs in SLI array  :buttrock  :buttrock
Augigy 2

Trust me, that machine will be awesome, absolutely wicked fast, but at the moment the best deal I can find on the above parts would be at least €3000. Hopefully by November they'll have come down in price.

The above is an incredible machine and at the moment only a few people in the world are lucky enough to have that configuration.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby matrix » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:05 pm

JBG wrote:I'm a computer nut and build all of my own computers.

I have allocated €2500 for a new machine (I'll use my current monitor).

What I have in mind is a
Athlon 64 4800 X2 dual core
DFI Lanparty motherboard
2 Gig Corsair XMS Pro dual channel ram
2 x 74 Gig Raptors in RAID Array :buttrock
1 Western Digital 16mb caceh 300 Gig
2 x Nvidia 7800GTXs in SLI array  :buttrock  :buttrock
Augigy 2

Trust me, that machine will be awesome, absolutely wicked fast, but at the moment the best deal I can find on the above parts would be at least €3000. Hopefully by November they'll have come down in price.

The above is an incredible machine and at the moment only a few people in the world are lucky enough to have that configuration.

the specs you have here for your dream pc are just incredible that cpu and the 2 gig corsair xms pro/dual ram will perform like a rocket  and your right not many persons will own one of these at the moment  the price will be down by christmas  thats the only good thing about the speed of the market   great specs JBG.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:56 pm

Pablo_Escobar wrote:
Feeney wrote::sniffle  :sniffle  :sniffle just my funking luck, i've now found my graphics card is the only 128mb one that isn't supported for BF2!!!!!!! ARRRRGH!!!

POP QUIZ - £150 notes ammo - best graphics card to buy? ???

Radeon 9200 is an old chipset indeed, I use myself 9550 (also rather old, but good ebough for me).
For an AGP I'd reccomend an X*** family - they start around Radeon X700 while X850GT is the strongest one. I don't know how mu ch You can spend, but that's what I'd buy.  :buttrock

Cheers for the advice Pabs - I can probably get a X800 for the price - just add that to the list of upgrading to a gig of ram, bluetooth keyboard and mouse, BF2, headset......  :down: list goes on....  :Oo:

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:20 pm

I've just downloaded Sensible World Of Soccer from home of The Underdogs.

I've unzipped the folder and I've got this.  Click Here For a Clearer Picture

What the fu*k do I click on now?  I've waited an hour for this bitch to download and now I haven't got a fu*king clue what to do.  I'm new to this gaming sh!t so I need some help.
Last edited by jonnymac1979 on Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonnymac1979

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:30 pm

anyone wanna send me a copy of champ manager 5
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:34 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I've just downloaded Sensibel World Of Coccer from home of The Underdogs.

Whoops, better edit that.  :laugh:
jonnymac1979

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:37 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:I've just downloaded Sensibel World Of Coccer from home of The Underdogs.

Whoops, better edit that.  :laugh:

lol  :D
what have you been looking at lately jonny   :;): alittle one eyed snake action, stroking the salami eh?  :p
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:42 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I've just downloaded Sensible World Of Soccer from home of The Underdogs.

I've unzipped the folder and I've got this.  Click Here For a Clearer Picture

What the fu*k do I click on now?  I've waited an hour for this bitch to download and now I haven't got a fu*king clue what to do.  I'm new to this gaming sh!t so I need some help.

Jonny , just doubleclick the SWS or SWS16 file (these with nice icons) :D
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:45 pm

John. I would recommend the following.

Open a new folder in Program files on your C drive. Call it sensible world of soccer. Copy all of the above files into that folder.

I would then double click on the programe file (it will end with a .exe) on the top right hand side of the list of files you showed me called "swos". This should start the game.

Alternatively, double click on the "install" file on the left hand side and see what happens. However, the swos.exe should work.

It might send you into an old Dos window with a few options to set up a sound card and joystick. Select soundblaster from that men: that should work. I'm not sure about the joystick though: use a bit of trial and error.

If you cannot get a joystick or joypad working you can forget about it as SWOS is impossible to worl with a keyboard.......you'd want fairly nimble fingers to even master the basic controls.

If the swos.exe icon works create a short cut to it on your desktop.

If the above doesn't work try a programme called "Dosbox" (find it with google). This will allow you to run most DOS games in Windows. Make sure you find a tutorial on how to use DOSBOX as it can be tricky to configure.

Try this out and let me know what happens.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:53 pm

By the way John, I finally got a wireless network set up at home.

Its a Belkin wireless router with a USB wireless receiver on my computer and a card for my girlfriend's laptop.

It took ages to configure the router to my ISP but I finally got it working.

Extremely handy piece of kit. :cool:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:34 pm

I've tried that 3 times JBG.  No good.  I've deleted the whole fu*king lot in a huff.  That's me finished with online games, fu*k it.  Too easy to throw the PlayStation on.
jonnymac1979

Postby JBG » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:35 pm

I have SWOS somewhere on my hard drive. I'll check tomorrow and then show you how to get it working.

Incidentally, when you clicked on "swos.exe", what happened?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:55 pm

A black DOS screen came up and all kinds of commands asking me to hit y,n or q.  Fu*k that, I can't be ar$ed with it tonight, I'm too tired.  I'm on PES4 now.
jonnymac1979

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:17 am

apparently PES5 will have liscenesed kits for arsenal, manure and chelsea but not liverpool!
is this TRUE?!?!?
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum