Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:41 pm

A.B. wrote:You lot are computer nerds.

F.ck off computer newbie  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Pros are talking here  :laugh:
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:38 am

The dual core processors are fast, but not quite up there with the AMD 64 FXs, which are lightening fast.

However, hopefully in the next 12 months we'll start to see software taking advantage of dual core technology, then they'll really fly.

The only problem is that there are savagely expensive....at the moment a 4800 X2 retails for around €1100, so I'm waiting until November for them to come down in price.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:04 pm

I'm replaying MOHAA again ,this time on the hardest setting . :cool:

I've been on the Normandy beach so long the f'king tides gone out . :D  :D  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:50 pm

woof woof ! wrote:I'm replaying MOHAA again ,this time on the hardest setting . :cool:

On PC?

That game is one of the all time classics....absolutely loved it!

Call of Duty is also very good.

I bought Brothers in Arms a few months ago but have hardly played it. Muct give it a whirl soon.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Piewhack » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:57 pm

I bought C&C red alert 1 on the pc the other week so i could set up a small LAN game for it, but because it's so old, it has problems running on Windows XP, which i sorted out.. only to find that it uses the old TPI/TPX ports and sockets way to setup a LAN!  Haven't got the foggiest on how you set that up.. i'm just used to normal IP addresses!! lol!
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:45 pm

JBG wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:I'm replaying MOHAA again ,this time on the hardest setting . :cool:

On PC?

That game is one of the all time classics....absolutely loved it!

Call of Duty is also very good.

I bought Brothers in Arms a few months ago but have hardly played it. Muct give it a whirl soon.

Yeah on PC. I  picked up the MOHAA Warchest for £20 ,it contains ,the original plus the Spearhead and Breakthrough expansions and my lad has left his Pacific Assault expansion with me ,so i've got the lot .  :D

I tried a demo of call of duty ,it was pretty good .Haven't played Brothers in Arms.

I don't usually go in for shoot 'em up's ,prefer strategic games like the total war series.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:04 pm

If anyone of You wants to waste a great amount of time - register at ogame.org - web-controlled, space based online game.
My 3rd month, and I'm still hooked as hell :D

Try it :)
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:42 pm

Just got back into KOTOR....top game :)

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:33 pm

Sorry if this request sounds simple, but i'm still learning when it comes to PC's and it;s all self tought, so I do need some help from time to time....

Help!!!!!! Trying to load Battlefield 2 demo but having probs so trying to update my graphics card driver - i've got to the point where I am about to delete all my ATI related software from my system - AM I CORRECT TO DO THIS BEFORE I DOWNLOAD THE NEW DRIVER!!!?? I really don't want to funk up my PC!!  :sniffle

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:49 pm

No, your new ATI driver should over write the old one.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Feeney » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:00 am

Cheers JBG - i'll give it a go..... :)

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:31 am

:sniffle  :sniffle  :sniffle just my funking luck, i've now found my graphics card is the only 128mb one that isn't supported for BF2!!!!!!! ARRRRGH!!!

POP QUIZ - £150 notes ammo - best graphics card to buy? ???

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:35 am

Feeney wrote: :sniffle  :sniffle  :sniffle just my funking luck, i've now found my graphics card is the only 128mb one that isn't supported for BF2!!!!!!! ARRRRGH!!!

Had the exact same problem Feeney (as I have a laptop!), so I need to get a desktop to play that and any future games that are performance hungry!

JBG, the computer you are getting, what type of price range we talking?, not exactly.....just give me a ballpark figure!

Sounds like it will taje care of all games no probs.
76-1115222408

Postby matrix » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:51 am

JBG wrote:The dual core processors are fast, but not quite up there with the AMD 64 FXs, which are lightening fast.

However, hopefully in the next 12 months we'll start to see software taking advantage of dual core technology, then they'll really fly.

The only problem is that there are savagely expensive....at the moment a 4800 X2 retails for around €1100, so I'm waiting until November for them to come down in price.

the speed of the pc market today is just scary JBG   that cpu your talking about will be faster than a speeding bullet perfect for total gaming  i dont think i would ever buy a pc already made up as long as you have a good m/board upgrading is fairly easy,  if you get that monster JBG let me know how it runs.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:42 am

Feeney wrote: :sniffle  :sniffle  :sniffle just my funking luck, i've now found my graphics card is the only 128mb one that isn't supported for BF2!!!!!!! ARRRRGH!!!

Radeon 9200 is an old chipset indeed, I use myself 9550 (also rather old, but good ebough for me).
For an AGP I'd reccomend an X*** family - they start around Radeon X700 while X850GT is the strongest one. I don't know how mu ch You can spend, but that's what I'd buy.  :buttrock
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum