The 6 nations thread - Place your bets

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Big Niall » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:22 am

bit worried about cordoba, he is still down.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:05 pm

Big Niall wrote:I don't see any great teams this year though and don't expect anybody to win a grand slam.

genius prediction :D
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:22 pm

where did england finnish ?

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby GRAHAM01 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:58 am

Bam wrote:where did england finnish ?

they finished 2nd strange table at the end wales could of won in the last match but end up being 4th oh well

well done to the irish   :bowdown  they played well
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:35 am

Great that the Irish won and the Cocky welsh ended up 4th :D
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:46 pm

GYBS wrote:Great that the Irish won and the Cocky welsh ended up 4th :D

hay when were we cocky??
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:48 pm

GRAHAM01 wrote:

hay when were we cocky??

Plenty of times before it started when they were going oj about how they would win the grandslam and they are the best northern hemisphere side .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm

A great win for Ireland: its very rare that the Irish get to celebrate a genuine sporting success on the international arena of this magnitude.

Some fantastic players in that team who deserved it.

Well done to the Welsh though: it was an absolutely cracking second half and my heart goes out to Jones for his last gasp miss.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby GRAHAM01 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:10 pm

GYBS wrote:
GRAHAM01 wrote:

hay when were we cocky??

Plenty of times before it started when they were going oj about how they would win the grandslam and they are the best northern hemisphere side .

i may have missed it but i never saw any of the welsh players being cocky!!

i don't know any welsh fans who were being cocky, infact everyone i spoke to before the game said if ireland win they would deserve it as did i they played well in almost all there games, we ran them close in that game and it could have gone either way
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:13 pm

GRAHAM01 wrote:
GYBS wrote:
GRAHAM01 wrote:

hay when were we cocky??

i don't know any welsh fans who were being cocky, infact everyone i spoke to before the game said if ireland win they would deserve it as did i they played well in almost all there games, we ran them close in that game and it could have gone either way

read 606 there is plenty of them there mate and all may dads mates are mad welsh rugby fans as well and said the same and gareth Thomas was mouthing off just before it started about how wales will crush everyone before them in the 6 Nations .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:48 pm

GYBS wrote:
GRAHAM01 wrote:
GYBS wrote:
GRAHAM01 wrote:

hay when were we cocky??

read 606 there is plenty of them there mate and all may dads mates are mad welsh rugby fans as well and said the same and gareth Thomas was mouthing off just before it started about how wales will crush everyone before them in the 6 Nations .

again i didn't see that but if you say so i believe you, i will try and have a look at 606

if they were going round saying wales would crush everyone in there path then more fool them as it is them that looks stupid now
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:54 pm

Its just what i have experience mate - when my parents moved to somerset there were a lot of welsh around and with my dad and his best both being big into rugby came up against a lot of welsh rugby fans players etc and they have always seemed to me to have too high expectations of their teams and stuck in the 70s when they were really good back then .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:01 pm

GYBS wrote:Its just what i have experience mate - when my parents moved to somerset there were a lot of welsh around and with my dad and his best both being big into rugby came up against a lot of welsh rugby fans players etc and they have always seemed to me to have too high expectations of their teams and stuck in the 70s when they were really good back then .

oh yes the old generation will always believe the current team will be as good as the 70's and it just not so ( even though it is a shame  :D )

i've played both sides of the water and to be fair other then normal banter i can't say i have come up against many ( there has been some ) people who are so blind as to see nothing other than what the wish to see

i think that you will always get some who will back there team/club/country for all they are worth, much like i do with liverpool i will fight my corner ( but i am not so blind to see whan something is wrong )

is there anything wrong in that?? who knows
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:05 pm

nothing wrong with it i guess - think it prob mainly stems from my dad best mate who is mad about welsh rugby and whos son had a few caps in the late 80s for them but i like to remind him how shi te they were for a number of years :D
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:12 pm

Well done Ireland who deserve the grand slam.  I never want Wales to lose but there were a few people who were of the view that if we didnt win by 13 points then lets celebrate the grand slam with the Irish  :D

Two quick tries, then we come back, O'Gara drop goal then nearly lost everuthing with the last kick of the game.  This had it all for Ireland and you could see by the players smiles what it meant to the country.  So congratulations on a deserving campaign.

We will give you a beating next year in Dublin but for now enjoy yourselves :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum