Thatcher - On her deathbed rumour

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun May 08, 2011 1:29 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:
Reg wrote:Truth be known the mess the labour government left the economy in after years of mismanagrement has left us needing another Maggie to come in with monetorist policies to turn us round again before we become another Greece, Portugal, Ireland.

People like Thatcher and Churchill were products of their environments.

Those three countries all have one thing in common with each other that Britain doesn't. The poxy fecking Euro. Britain doesn't need another Maggie, its not that desperate.

Sensationalism Reggy at its best on your part.

at least in the 80s right was right, left was left, you knew which side of the fence you stood

:D
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Sun May 08, 2011 1:32 pm

dawson99 wrote:at least in the 80s right was right, left was left, you knew which side of the fence you stood

That I certainly agree with these days its left wing right wing same turkey for me
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun May 08, 2011 7:03 pm

Greavesie wrote:
Reg wrote:Truth be known the mess the labour government left the economy in after years of mismanagrement has left us needing another Maggie to come in with monetorist policies to turn us round again before we become another Greece, Portugal, Ireland.

agreed, to an extent I can sympathise with her because the cards she was handed. In hindisight she probably played them well but she stepped on a LOT of toes on her way

yep she did. in Parliament, it was her way or the highway. and she wanted control of the judiciary as well by hand-picking the judges. a classic example of how she abuses her powers would be the GCHQ case where Lord Diplock worded it beautifully -

"so outrageous in its defiance of logic or accepted moral standards that no sensible person who had applied his mind to the question to be decided could have arrived at it"
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Reg » Mon May 09, 2011 1:12 am

Kenny Kan wrote:

Those three countries all have one thing in common with each other that Britain doesn't. The poxy fecking Euro. Britain doesn't need another Maggie, its not that desperate.

Sensationalism Reggy at its best on your part.

Look at the numbers Bam, facts.  FACTS.  I do not make up FACTS.   (only Lakes can do that).
Last edited by Reg on Mon May 09, 2011 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon May 09, 2011 8:11 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Greavesie wrote:

agreed, to an extent I can sympathise with her because the cards she was handed. In hindisight she probably played them well but she stepped on a LOT of toes on her way

yep she did. in Parliament, it was her way or the highway. and she wanted control of the judiciary as well by hand-picking the judges. a classic example of how she abuses her powers would be the GCHQ case where Lord Diplock worded it beautifully -

"so outrageous in its defiance of logic or accepted moral standards that no sensible person who had applied his mind to the question to be decided could have arrived at it"

Maxi your my kind of guy lad . Your not just taking what people are saying at face value your looking into it for yourself . Good for you mate .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon May 09, 2011 5:28 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Maxi your my kind of guy lad . Your not just taking what people are saying at face value your looking into it for yourself . Good for you mate .

cheers Igor  :)

irregardless of whether or not she was someone who brought benefits to the UK, she was one bitch to work with due to her ego and how she expected everyone to be under her total control and whoever disagreed with her sentiments were expected to resign.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Greavesie » Mon May 09, 2011 5:30 pm

has she kicked the bucket yet then? any news?

I assume if she had croaked a few would have broke the news softly :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum