Tft monitor problems - Help needed

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:58 pm

Well i have tried to have a play around with it, the other monitor thats here the cable is a different type so cant swap them over.
This monitor is working fine, tried mine again before, it came on...in full colour looked fine for about 30 seconds to a minute then just went onto standby. I can switch it off and then back on...it stays on in full colour for about 20-30 seconds then again just goes straight off.
Warranty was only for a year on it...and the no to call for assistance is only 9-5...when am in work  :angry:

The missus just wants to buy another one. Havent got a clue how much this is likely to cost to repair so may have to just do that now.
If only i had used some rotation, it would of lasted years.
Rafa does know best.

Thanks for everyones help anyway.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am

oh well, guess there is a reason why i don't work in tech support. hehe

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:51 am

Well i have tried to have a play around with it, the other monitor thats here the cable is a different type so cant swap them over.

Is one a dvi cable and one a vga cable? ie they go into different sockets on the back of the computer, because that would lead us back to it being the graphics card.

Try your monitor on another computer mate, better than throwing a good monitor away for nothing. If it wont work on another computer......fair enough throw it.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:13 am

Ace Ventura wrote:Well i have tried to have a play around with it, the other monitor thats here the cable is a different type so cant swap them over.
This monitor is working fine, tried mine again before, it came on...in full colour looked fine for about 30 seconds to a minute then just went onto standby. I can switch it off and then back on...it stays on in full colour for about 20-30 seconds then again just goes straight off.
Warranty was only for a year on it...and the no to call for assistance is only 9-5...when am in work  :angry:

The missus just wants to buy another one. Havent got a clue how much this is likely to cost to repair so may have to just do that now.
If only i had used some rotation, it would of lasted years.
Rafa does know best.

Thanks for everyones help anyway.

buy it here in HK, you could have a decent 17 inches one at a region of 30 pounds, let alone it's also switchable to television  :D
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum