Tattoo

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby ethanr » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:48 am

Sorry, I know there was already a tattoo thread down a bit, but I guess I'm just going off on a different tangent here.

For about 2 years now I've been thinking about getting a Liverpool tattoo.  My girlfriend says calf or back, I say no to calf because I've got some hairy @ss legs that I wouldn't want to have to shave, and I can't see my own tattoo on my back.  I was thinking about getting one on my heart.

At first, I really wanted to get the full Liverpool crest.  I really love the crest and I wanted it on my heart, just like it hangs when wearing the jersey.  However, after looking at many pictures online, it seems nobody can really do a perfect Liverpool crest.  I'm a perfectionist and the reason I've waited so long is because I am nervous the artist won't do the job I want. 

Lately I've been thinking more of getting the Liverbird with LFC on top and YNWA on the bottom, or the other way around.  I've also just thought about getting only LFC on the bottom.

I've thought about it and I really do wish I could have the crest, but I'm afraid it just won't look good.  Especially when you get up on top of the crest to the Shankly Gates where it's all small detail.

I guess I'm just asking for some advice.  What do you guys think? Do you have any pictures of good full crests or just good Liverpool tattoos.  I'm not into the crazy ones people have, I don't really like tattoos all that much, but I love Liverpool with a passion and don't want to change the design of what the Liverpool crest has.

Emerald Red, people seem to turn to you for your artistic ability, your input is much appreciated!  But honestly, anybody's input is much appreciated.

Thanks.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:53 pm

No need for a Tattoo.. it makes you look gay.

(who am I kidding, tattoos are awesome!)
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:43 pm

Haha B@stard
ethanr

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:43 pm

I'm not really a big fan of tattoo art, or tattoo's in general. Personally, I think branding your skin with any kind of modern-looking insignia can look tacky. I think the most beautiful tatts are indigenous or tribal ones. Reason being is that those designs just seem to fit in and flow with the shape of your body. That's just my opinion, though.

If you really do want a crest like the official one, then I suggest you get one done all in one single colour like the latest crests are on the new merchandise, like on our away kit or the coat Kenny wears. The usual badge has white in it, and from most tatts I've seen with white in them, the colour doesn't seem to be opaque enough. The actual crest to a capable artist shouldn't be a problem to do. Doing one free hand is a bit of a bollox, though, so chances are your tattooist will just use a transfer; and if you do decide to get one done, I'd recommend that you make sure a transfer is used for the sake of getting everything perfectly symmetrical. Chances are that most of the crests you seen that didn't look right were done free hand.

It's just a matter of finding a good tattoo artist, really. Remember, that once that ink goes on, it ain't coming off in a hurry, so if you want one done, get one done by someone good who knows what they are doing. That's the most important thing, IMO.

If you say you're not too fond of tattoos, then I'd suggest you get a small one first, maybe just the bird on its own, and then if you decide that you want to add to it, you can get the rest of the crest or some other design built around it.

This crest doesn't look too bad.

Last edited by Emerald Red on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:05 pm

Thanks Emerald.  Do you by any chance know if that one is transfer or free hand?
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:39 pm

Where in the U.S are you from ethan?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:50 pm

California.  Southern California.  West coast.  I live about an hour from Hollywood, but no that doesn't mean my next door neighbors are movie stars, no that doesn't mean I know any movie stars or famous people at all, and no not everybody is rich, I know my family sure as hell aren't.

Sorry that's just what everybody seems to think when you say you live anywhere near Hollywood :laugh:

Why do you ask?
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:02 pm

haha..

then drive to LA and visit that Tattoo shop owned by this fine lady that is on discovery channel (L.A ink , heard of it?)

expensive, but damn she is fine and good at doing tattoos. :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:22 pm

My girlfriend said you have to make an appointment at least a year in advance.  But I had thought of that.  Haha.
ethanr

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:19 am

ethanr wrote:Thanks Emerald.  Do you by any chance know if that one is transfer or free hand?

A transfer is a copy of an outline that is just a placeholder for the artist. It just gives him/her an outline to trace from. From the looks of that, I'd say that was a transfer and someone with a very steady hand inked it in.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:20 am

Ya I assumed so.  I'm just a perfectionist and I worry it wouldn't be perfect, tho I've seen quite a few Liverbirds that looked really well done.
ethanr

Postby laza » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:49 am

As someone who has three tough stickers from his army days my only advice. Its your skin so ultimately its what you want and take as long as you need before you get scarred for life.
As ER said it doesnt come off in a hurry, I have no regrets about mine but I know a lot of people who do
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:59 am

I'm really not worried about getting it off.  People will say that it is a fad, you get something you think is cool now but in a few years you regret it, but I will always love Liverpool.  There's nothing that could possibly happen for me to regret getting a Liverpool tattoo.  Also it will either be on my heart or my back, so I can always hide it if there is a problem with work or anything.

The only thing I worry about is that it won't look absolutely perfect.
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:02 pm

ethanr wrote:I'm really not worried about getting it off.  People will say that it is a fad, you get something you think is cool now but in a few years you regret it, but I will always love Liverpool.  There's nothing that could possibly happen for me to regret getting a Liverpool tattoo.  Also it will either be on my heart or my back, so I can always hide it if there is a problem with work or anything.

The only thing I worry about is that it won't look absolutely perfect.

only thing to do then is book a year in advance with the L.A ink people :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:45 pm

laza wrote:As someone who has three tough stickers from his army days my only advice. Its your skin so ultimately its what you want and take as long as you need before you get scarred for life.
As ER said it doesnt come off in a hurry, I have no regrets about mine but I know a lot of people who do

I love a woman with a tatoo.....

I see a woman with a tatoo and I think to myself "there's a woman that will do something she may regret later"  :D
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum