Streetball - Anyone else love shooting hoops

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 72-1146193975 » Wed May 03, 2006 5:57 pm

apart from soccer,i looove shooting hoops with my hommies.
Anyone else love basketball ???
72-1146193975

Postby 72-1146193975 » Wed May 03, 2006 6:22 pm

my idols
72-1146193975

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed May 03, 2006 6:23 pm

I think Paul C likes it but he's on his honeymoon, so he won't reply anytime soon..

Me personally?  Don't mean to be rude but I think it's a s*i*e sport.  Never did get it, even as a kid.  I liked Teen Wolf, but I just don't get basketball.  Or why Americans are obsessed with it so much.

Another thing that puzzles me, completely off topic.  Why do all the best Snooker players appear to come from the British Isles?  I know a few have bucked the trend over the years like Wattana, now Fu has emerged, Thorburn about 25 years ago etc.....

Don't they play Snooker in other countries?  I played snooks in Thailand last year, on a proper table and everything.  In fact I saw a brand new one built in front of my eyes.  But you only usually ever get pool tables when you're on holiday don't you?  Never snooker tables.  Maybe that's the reason why.

Anyone care to continue discussing this with me, or shall we set up www.snooker-newkit.co.uk and post on there?
jonnymac1979

Postby 72-1146193975 » Wed May 03, 2006 6:43 pm

Another thing that puzzles me, completely off topic.  Why do all the best Snooker players appear to come from the British Isles?  I know a few have bucked the trend over the years like Wattana, now Fu has emerged, Thorburn about 25 years ago etc.....

Don't they play Snooker in other countries?  I played snooks in Thailand last year, on a proper table and everything.  In fact I saw a brand new one built in front of my eyes.  But you only usually ever get pool tables when you're on holiday don't you?  Never snooker tables.  Maybe that's the reason why.

Anyone care to continue discussing this with me, or shall we set up www.snooker-newkit.co.uk and post on there?

can you believe i have never played snooker in my life.i think its shi!t.
i prefer 8ball.
am an outdoor sports person anyway :)
72-1146193975

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed May 03, 2006 6:53 pm

Basketball rules. Well, Football rules, basketball comes in at second for me. I used to play a bit, but it's true what they say. White men, can't jump! :D

I don't really follow a team because I have no natural affiliation, though when I was a kid, I always used to play as the Charlotte Hornets on NBA Jam on the SNES. I tend now to follow players who do the business with style. Jason Kidd, Ray Allen, VC, King James and, of course, AI. Iversen is one of the mst exciting players I've seen and for a short guy he has such control of the court and mad skills to match.

I can see where Johnnymac's coming from when he says he doesn't get it, but for us Brits, unless you've played it or been to an NBA match, it doesn't grab you. Others will disagree, but that's how I see it. I've played and I've seen a few games over in the States, so it goes down well with me. People who think it's a dull end to end game have probaly never seen a full match, or it just isn't their sport and that's fair enough.

And yes Johnny, they do play snooker in other countries. It was invented in Imperial India by the British Army and it's still played there and in most Asian countries where the Brits got to. I've played it in Canada as well.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1146193975 » Wed May 03, 2006 7:40 pm

I used to play a bit, but it's true what they say. White men, can't jump! :(

i know :D

:D:laugh:
72-1146193975

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Wed May 03, 2006 8:41 pm

ah what a wonderful world, out go Stu, in comes Hotsauce :laugh: 

This place gets worse every day:(
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed May 03, 2006 8:51 pm

RAFABENITEZ wrote:ah what a wonderful world, out go Stu, in comes Hotsauce :laugh: 

This place gets worse every day:(

You on the blob lad?  You've had nothing positive to say for ages.  You're not even trying.  All's you are doing is repeating yourself saying how bored you are with this place.  What's really the matter?
jonnymac1979

Postby taff » Wed May 03, 2006 8:57 pm

I like baseball

Basketball no sorry although the skills are immense  :)  But I love the Harlem Globetrotters  :cool:
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed May 03, 2006 9:11 pm

taff wrote:I like baseball

Nah. Can't be doing with a sport that is essentially an extra-boring game of rounders with added drugs.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Thu May 04, 2006 12:56 am

I play ball every day.

The courts at my school are packed tighter than people in a rock concert. :laugh:

Having said that.. GO LAKERS! :D

LA 3 - 2 Phoenix  (I hope we win this one..)

No 8 seems to be a magic number isnt it? :D  Kobe and Gerrard.. LOL.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bng89 » Thu May 04, 2006 7:43 am

:hearts  football
Liverpool FC 1892
bng89

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri May 05, 2006 11:34 am

Hotsauce wrote:can you believe i have never played snooker in my life.i think its shi!t.

No, I refuse to believe you have never held a snooker cue in your life.  But I can't take your statement seriously that snooker is shit if you have never played the game so you clearly don't undersand the talent and skill involved. 

I on the other hand was forced to play basketball in school and I didn't like it.  It bored me rigid.  I see it as just a load of tall men bouncing a ball and then throwing it into a net.  I never even had a basketball net in my garden as a kid.  A few of my mates thought it was 'cool' as kids to have a basketball net in their garden to 'shoot some hoops'. 

Did they ever use them?  Did they fuck!!! 

Now just sit back then you absolute know-nothing and bask in the pure unadulterated talent which can't be taught of Ronnie O'Sullivan.  Learn something.  Watch a genius in action.

Ronnie O'Sullivans fastest ever 147 break
jonnymac1979

Postby red37 » Fri May 05, 2006 11:40 am

quality link there jmac  :buttrock  o'sullivan was awesome a while back. truly a legend of snooker.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby dawson99 » Fri May 05, 2006 1:57 pm

shooting hoops with my homies?

ghetto massive!

whats wrong witha  nice game of billiards in the private club? :cool:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum