Stomach trouble

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Dundalk » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:44 am

I started having problems with my stomach about 3 months ago and seemed to be getting a build up of acid and severe heartburn. If I took a drink I really payed for it the next day so I decided I would go to the docs. He said it would be fine and that i should take a "Zotrole" tablet everyday and within a few days I should start to see results.

That was 3 weeks ago and last night i got 4 cans of beer, (the first drink I had since going to the docs)  watched a film drank them and went to bed. This morning I woke up at 9 to the usual day of suffering which starts of with getting sick first thing, then really bad heartburn then getting sick again, then a really bad migraine kicks in.

No matter what medication I take during the day to make it go away it wont go away. Finally after a day in bed I tried to eat something so I had plain potatoes with a bit of butter and a glass of milk. They went down and lasted about 10 mins before it all came back up.

Did anyone on here ever have anything like this or knows someone who got it sorted? Four beers should not leave anyone like this

:help    :help     :help
Last edited by Dundalk on Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:45 am

Stomach Ulcer?
LFC2007

Postby Dundalk » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:49 am

Yeah it looks like something like that. I might have to get a camera down. If i do ill stick it up on youtube :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:57 am

Hiatius hernia mate. I have one and I get exactly those symptoms. Just type it intto google and you will get loads of info about it.
account deleted by request

Postby Dundalk » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:01 am

Cheers Saint, I looked it up and your right all the symptoms are right except i dont really have difficulty in swallowing (no jokes :laugh: )
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:09 am

I don't have any trouble swallowing either mate. :D  If you do go for the camera job its not as easy as you might think, but you get some great pics of your stomach.

Do you smoke or have you had a bad cough lately, as they are the usual way in which you get a Hiatius hernia.

Postby Dundalk » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:11 am

Hardly smoke at all and havent really got a cough

If only Dr. Phil was a member of this forum  :laugh:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:24 am

If I was you I would start praying its an ulcer and not a Hiatius hernia. Ulcers are easy to cure nowerdays, just take the tablets, they kill the bug and you are soon cured. Hiatius hernia's they don't like to operate so you just have to live with them. I don't drink anymore :(  and haven't for years. Fizzy pop is even worse.

Postby Dundalk » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:26 am

Lets hope its an ulcer then!!  Well I am taking tablets for the build up of acid but drinking is no just not an option anymore. Its just not worth it
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:52 am

Dundalk wrote:I started having problems with my stomach about 3 months ago and seemed to be getting a build up of acid and severe heartburn. If I took a drink I really payed for it the next day so I decided I would go to the docs. He said it would be fine and that i should take a "Zotrole" tablet everyday and within a few days I should start to see results.

That was 3 weeks ago and last night i got 4 cans of beer, (the first drink I had since going to the docs)  watched a film drank them and went to bed. This morning I woke up at 9 to the usual day of suffering which starts of with getting sick first thing, then really bad heartburn then getting sick again, then a really bad migraine kicks in.

No matter what medication I take during the day to make it go away it wont go away. Finally after a day in bed I tried to eat something so I had plain potatoes with a bit of butter and a glass of milk. They went down and lasted about 10 mins before it all came back up.

Did anyone on here ever have anything like this or knows someone who got it sorted? Four beers should not leave anyone like this

:help    :help     :help

i have hiatius hernia mate, i went for th camera down the throat etc and i thought it was an ulcer, anyway the outcome is to keep my weight down, dont eat spicy foods, avoid ale and milk products.

to be fair i do eat spicy foods but it doesnt seem to affect me anymore.

the acid is a reflux action mate, you need to sleep with your head raised, but it can be controlled with cimetidine
112-1077774096

Postby Judge » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:59 am

helicobacter can cause that dundalk. however, you may have to take ranitidine if the acid etc doesnt abate.

there is a simple test done at hospital for helicobacter and if found it can be cured with antibiotics. otherwise it will be ranitidine for life, unless ulcer etc is found. maybe you are gluten intolerant ??

hope that helps
Last edited by Judge on Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:20 am

Try ranatidine mate.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:22 am

see above your post cigs. ive bold typed what i posted before
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:33 am

I have a hiatus hernia too brother. One word of advice ,if yer goin for the camera, be sure they knock ya out. I chose the other option and its the worst experience youll ever have. I had imagined it was a tiny thin camera wire but it was more like a telephone cable arghhh thought i was being choked to death.
I take tablets for mine, but once ya get on the medication for a while it settles down . Now i find i only need to take the tablets when i feel bloated, but ya may forget about drink for a while especially vodka and stuff. :D
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:55 am

You poor old so.ds the lot of ya, I 've never even heard of  hiatus hernia. And all of a sudden half the people on newkitt have them.

Touch wood I never get that, I'd miss my alcohol too much. :D
66-1112520797

Next

Return to General Chat Forum