Stomach trouble

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:31 pm

Dundalk wrote: :bump

I was taking Nexium but they didn't do anything for me. I never get heartburn and most things i eat don't annoy me but if I go near Alcohol at all the next day i have the worst Acid Reflux ever seen. I basically spend the whole day in bed with a migraine and get sick about six times.

I had 5 pints on Saturday night and spent the whole of Sunday in bed with my head pounding and throwing up pure acid. Ive had the camera down me and was told I had an inflamed stomach. I have changed my diet and am now eating healthy but still cant have a few pints.

My doctor has now put me on SURMONTIL and so I have started to take that......

Do I have to give beer up for good?

Poor you ive suffered with my stomach for years not to bad now though i had similar syptoms and had that camera thingy done and they found a hernia put me on omerparasole tabs and it helps but ask them to do a scan .

I know it might sound mad but i was the same after a drink and in the end they found out i had Gallstones which block the ducts and cause this reflux . Ask you doc to send you for a scan ive had my gallblader out now and im fine with the drink :D

Listen to your Nan
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:46 pm

SURMONTIL is an anti-depressant Dundalk, you might be better off with omeprazole if its an infected or inflamed stomach. Thats what I take for mine,and as long as I don't drink anything fizzy (especially alcohol) im ok. If you want a quick cure, give up coffee/tea and smoking as well as they are all irritants. Worry, stress , etc are other factors mate which is probably why you are on surmontil.

Did you not have the hernia as well mate ?

I havent had more than the odd glass of wine or bottle of beer in years.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Dundalk » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:46 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Dundalk wrote::bump

I was taking Nexium but they didn't do anything for me. I never get heartburn and most things i eat don't annoy me but if I go near Alcohol at all the next day i have the worst Acid Reflux ever seen. I basically spend the whole day in bed with a migraine and get sick about six times.

I had 5 pints on Saturday night and spent the whole of Sunday in bed with my head pounding and throwing up pure acid. Ive had the camera down me and was told I had an inflamed stomach. I have changed my diet and am now eating healthy but still cant have a few pints.

Poor you ive suffered with my stomach for years not to bad now though i had similar syptoms and had that camera thingy done and they found a hernia put me on omerparasole tabs and it helps but ask them to do a scan .

I know it might sound mad but i was the same after a drink and in the end they found out i had Gallstones which block the ducts and cause this reflux . Ask you doc to send you for a scan ive had my gallblader out now and im fine with the drink :D

Listen to your Nan

Thanks Nan  :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:49 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Dundalk wrote::bump

Listen to your Nan

I am going to ask for a scan now Nanny  :D  Thanks
account deleted by request

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:52 pm

s@int wrote:SURMONTIL is an anti-depressant Dundalk, you might be better off with omeprazole if its an infected or inflamed stomach. Thats what I take for mine,and as long as I don't drink anything fizzy (especially alcohol) im ok. If you want a quick cure, give up coffee/tea and smoking as well as they are all irritants. Worry, stress , etc are other factors mate which is probably why you are on surmontil.

Them omerprazole are wonder drugs Saint

Tried the tagamet and a few others but nothin so stuck with them. Mind you old age dosnt help  :D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:22 pm

s@int wrote:Set of pussies :D It only takes 2 minutes for the camera job if you are awake, you have to stay there for hours if they sedate you. Just remember to keep breathing and its not THAT bad, not nice but it doesn't last very long. You are also a lot less likely to have problems if your awake. Just think your g/f has to deal with something similar every night.  :D

You either must have some length or she has some throat.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:51 pm

s@int wrote:SURMONTIL is an anti-depressant Dundalk, you might be better off with omeprazole if its an infected or inflamed stomach. Thats what I take for mine,and as long as I don't drink anything fizzy (especially alcohol) im ok. If you want a quick cure, give up coffee/tea and smoking as well as they are all irritants. Worry, stress , etc are other factors mate which is probably why you are on surmontil.

SURMONTIL is an anti-depressant but my Doc also told me it will clear this up so Im willing to give it a go.

When I had the camera down the Doc said I had a touch of hernia.

I havent had more than the odd glass of wine or bottle of beer in years. - Saint.

That is the last thing I want to happen to me. Im only feckin 28. Dont tell me Ive had my fill of beer already and I have to give it up! 

:down:
Last edited by Dundalk on Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:58 pm

Dundalk wrote: :bump

Try to give up alcohol for a couple of months mate or maybe extended to a year, take your medication and see what happens in 6 or 12 months.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum